BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

personally I would like a 3-3 split

3 Likes

Yes 3-3 would be the best one.
Bomonga would stay gold.
So it would be two teams lead by both leaders. It makes the most sense.

2 Likes

My personal preferences are
Gaaki is gold
Pouks is silver
Bomonga is gold
Kualus is silver

6 Likes

Iā€™m still in the preference of a 1-1-1-1-1-1 split just to get new color combinations. But for purposes of ease of convenience, please keep Bomonga either gold or silver.

Personally I think we should draw them with what looks best and not worry about buildability, since each one of them already has the difficulty of a custom mask and that seems to irk people as is; painted pieces or resin prints in the appropriate colors wonā€™t really make it much worse for people.

7 Likes

I donā€™t like the 3-3 split personally but if I had to choose then it would be.
Bomonga: gold
Kualus: gold
Gaaki: silver
Pouks: silver
I donā€™t like silver on Kualus because it blends in too much with the rest of his body and looks dull overall.

(Yes I know Kualus would look too much like a toa of light but Iā€™d take that over a color scheme with little contrast)

1 Like

I guess since weā€™re listing opinions Iā€™ll dump my preferences

Norik - Silver
Iruini - Flat Dark Gold
Bomonga - Flat Dark Gold
Kualus - Metal Blue
Pouks - Pearl Dark Grey
Gaaki - Copper

Bit of a wild card with the copper, but IMO itā€™ll look really good with the blue. Plus I donā€™t want her to be silver.

Pouksā€™ mask is fine, but Gaakiā€™s could change - if only to the newer design of the mask.

1 Like

Do you specifically want a 4:2 split, or do you just have preferences for each individual character that ends up being a 4:2 split.

Never mind, I just saw your explanation. Although:

Iā€™m pretty sure that Kualus can be made gold as well. Except for the sword, of course, but that isnā€™t available in silver either.

2 Likes

Similar for me, though I prefer kualus gold and either gaaki or Bomonga silver.

3 Likes

I may have said it before but my preference is thus:

Primarily, Iā€™d like a 1-1-1-1-1-1, with copper Gaaki, blue Kualus, pink Pouks, and green Bomonga. Pink is likely to upset some voters, so I can accept gunmetal Pouks. Second best option, to me, would be 2-2-2, with silver Gaaki, blue Kualus and Pouks, and gold Bomonga. I would rather have blue Pouks than gunmetal Kualus.

1 Like

Either of these would be acceptable for me. I feel like a 1-1-1-1-1-1 split is ok, but there shouldnā€™t be a huge range of colors - green, pink, blue, and copper (basically orange) seems a bit much. Honestly, I donā€™t think the exact ratio matters, as long as the hues between warm and cold colors are mostly even.

2 Likes

I do not like the 1-1-1-1-1-1 split. These are supposed to be ā€œHonor Guardsā€ which are decorated warriors meant to both guard and presumably look nice. Youā€™ll notice most guards on Earth here tend to be very uniform. I expect in MU thereā€™s some uniformity. obviously thereā€™s not much uniformity in the canon models besides color but letā€™s not talk about that. I just think itā€™s silly for a group of decorated guards to look like a rainbow.

8 Likes

Worth noting that, unlike other Toa teams, they all have the same weapons.

So I think thatā€™s a good argument for 33 or 222.

2 Likes

I totally agree. Some uniformity is a must and thereā€™s already some very noticeable consistency with armour and proportions.

But in the visible MU, thereā€™s almost no consistency with Toa team appearances. Only two teams of Toa were visually consistent - the Mata/Nuva and the Metru(+ Hordika) - and every other Toa team, along with ones which have not yet received canonical appearances - are anything but uniform, as Greg has all but directly stated that not-yet-pictured Toa teams such as the Mangai and Lesovikkā€™s team were extremely different from one another. The visually consistent Toa teams are much the exception and not the rule.

Even the ones created by external forces, like the Inika/Mahri, with a consistent vision in mind by the source of the transformation, ended up with the most wildly colored Toa teams to ever receive sets. And in the Inikaā€™s case, this was done by the database for all life in the MU - the Red Star, which had received the blueprints for thousands of MU residents who bit the dust and needed reforming - and I have to assume if the Red Star canā€™t get it right, then maybe it isnā€™t the standard to have everything be neat and trim.

With that being said, Pink Pouks was a joke. And like all good jokes, there comes a point at which anyone still reiterating it must be doing so unironically, as anyone having fun with the humour has moved on to better things. Absolutely the Hagah shouldnā€™t be a rainbow - a rainbow is vibrant, extremely varied, and has seven colours so it wouldnā€™t work anyway, which is why I chose the comparatively muted Copper in my colour choices, making Kualusā€™ metal blue the brightest and most vibrant pigment out of the whole group - which, on Kualus, being a Toa of Ice, is actually darker than his base color.

Itā€™s possible to have your cake and eat it too, imo. Just not beyond the realm of reason. TL;DR, you right bro, but KDNXā€™s 1-1-1-1-1-1 isnā€™t the only flavor available, and since I am always right mine is clearly the correct answer.

9 Likes

I just want to mention that a full contingent of Rahkshi looks like a rainbow.

People are funny-lookinā€™ in the MU. I donā€™t think color uniformity would be a standard there.

12 Likes

I cannot find a spot where all the entries so far are linked, is there a topic that has a list or at least entries linked? Previously there was but my site navigation skills lack somewhat :sweat:

nvm checking ā€œartworkā€ seems to do fine enough. Still I am sure there was a topic where entries are linked.

1 Like

Yep

2 Likes

wait
are you gonna enter

2 Likes

Not yet, no.

I will have to pull some ā€œall nightersā€ first before I have anything worth entering, external circumstances willing.

4 Likes

Also when is the final day for submissions? Is it on the 11th?

It is, at 11:59 PM EST.

3 Likes