BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

We also had this discussion in like, late December. Nothing more to be gained out of it because the mods were paying attention to that discussion.
The exact point of the pit was already brought up too

4 Likes

Alright then. Iā€™ll go put these quotes I found in the lore page and leave it at that.

2 Likes

He recognized the mask, not the armour.

And he recognized the mask because of his extended knowledge of the history of Metru Nui:

Although, as @Keplers suggested, itā€™s possible that this familiarity was bolstered by some fragment of a memory of Tuyet from his time on Metru Nui:

4 Likes

This is all Iā€™m gonna say on this, as I want to clarify why I personally think the armor is Nuva.

I have been working of the basis of those with what I said above and reasoning behind this is for Matoro to be able to recognize the armor goes as follows:
Matoro has seen other beings wear Kanohi (Karzahni, Axonn, Brutaka, Teridax) so just seeing a Mask of Power wouldnā€™t mean the armor was that of a Toa, so he wouldā€™ve had to have been at least familiar with the shape of her Toa armor to know what it was. Like we know the visual difference between different types of Dinosaur bones, but someone who didnā€™t would have a decently hard time identifying the specific type correctly. (See myths of dinosaur bones being thought as Dragons and incorrectly reconstructed skeletons)
Along with this, Matoro and the other Matoran havenā€™t heard stories of Tuyet, as she was basically left out of Metru Nui history.

Finally, we know Matoran can never see a Toa, even on Metru Nui. So the odds of a Ko-Matoran seeing Tuyet during the time she was active in Metru Nui seems pretty unlikely.

Iā€™m gonna be honest about the last one, I have no clue where I got that quote.
Edit: Vira - BIONICLEsector01
Apparently Vira is the one the quote was talking about, still have no clue where it came from.

1 Like

This is a logical leap. Just because Vira is a young Matoran does not mean Matoro must be as well.

Thatā€™s all well and good, but Tuyet canā€™t be a Toa Nuva, so it canā€™t be Nuva armor. Sure, you could feel that it resembled the armor of the Toa Nuva, but thatā€™s not something we could regulate for the contest. The armor could have resembled the Toa Inika as well, or, as many people have pointed out, it could be a suppressed memory he unlocked by seeing it. Matoro, of all Matoran, is very likely to have seen images of past Toa as well.

7 Likes

Yeah I meant Nuva-like. Iā€™m not even trying to say it has to be Nuva, just that Iā€™ve always seen it as that because of the context.
Anyways Iā€™m done on this point, as Iā€™ve made my position clear.

As for the Vira thing, Iā€™ll have to figure out where the quote is from first before I continue anything with that.

I personally think itā€™s Nuva-Like but have no intention to try and mandate it.

Well isnā€™t in story that the Inika are supposed to be ā€˜Nuva-likeā€™ due to their forms being inspired by the Nuva?

Not necessarily.

While newly-transformed Toa would typically resemble the Toa that they are familiar with, this did not happen with the Inika because of their unique transformation:

Side Tangent

(Also, as an unrelated side note, Question 1 of that second link is pretty interesting. It kind of recontextualizes the 2004/05 arc, but it ultimately makes sense. The Turaga were clearly expecting the Toa to arrive at some point, and, given the reveal of the Toa Mataā€™s backstory in 2008, it only makes sense that the Toa Metru would expect them to arrive immediately.

This also fits with my previously-mentioned idea that Teridax wanted the Vahi because he knew the Toa Mata were coming, and wanted to use it to accelerate Mata Nuiā€™s death so that he wouldnā€™t have to delay them for 1000 years.

Also, a Toa Metru/Toa Mata teamup could have been cool)

2 Likes

Hm I had always assumed it was sort of like a half-deal where yes obviously everyone knows they had a unique transformation, but their mental ā€˜perspective of Toaā€™ still played a role

1 Like

ye, thatā€™d be interesting

1 Like
  1. Axonn wears a Nuva chestplate and it is never mentioned that any of the Toa acknowledge this, or that he wears armor in any was resemblant to a Toaā€™s.
3 Likes

Noone acknowledged that Hydraxon has a foot on his chest eitherā€¦ sometimes armor is just armor. They worked with their limited part selection.

5 Likes

If Iā€™ve learned anything from these contests and discussions, itā€™s that the lack of explicit mention of something doesnā€™t mean it wasnā€™t there. Iā€™m not quite sure how Axonn is supposed to prove that Tuyet doesnā€™t have Nuva-like armour (or maybe that she does? Iā€™m not quite sure what your point is), but I donā€™t think it does.

Thereā€™s also what @Takutanuva said. The use of the same part on multiple models doesnā€™t mean that those parts of the characters look the same in-universe. After all, I highly doubt that Helryxā€™s shoulders look like actual heads, or that Krakuaā€™s chest looks like a Nui-Jaga stinger.

EDIT: I see now that this is what you were saying as well

I have a very simple solution to @Bukkeyā€™s sword design:

Generates no stress.

15 Likes

Saying that ā€œMatoro recognized the armor as a Toaā€™sā€ (even though the text says no such thing) does not automatically imply Nuva armor ā€“ a character who had Nuva armor did not have any connection to a Toaā€™s appearance.

8 Likes

Gotcha. Yeah, that makes sense.

1 Like

I may donā€™t use this method when I entry, but I think this can helps and solves many people!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

(The reason is, this mod ā€œfixā€ the launcherā€™s angle, and ā€œeraseā€ the swordā€™s ā€œbackward barbā€. It may makes lose the modelā€™s compatibility on Art contest. But again,this is Great! Really Thank you!!:blush::heart_eyes::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:)

BB

ADD:I think this method is fine because of the softness and toughness of this piece, but I made a test video for those who donā€™t actually have the pieces! :wink: :revolving_hearts:
As you can see, deforming is a little! (and this piece is soft enough to bend easily with your fingers, for its launcher function!)

7 Likes

What constitutes Nuva armor in this circumstance? If itā€™s just the specific Lego parts used to represent them in the Toa Nuva sets, that argument falls flat since several characters use them; namely Norik uses Nuva shoulder pads, Kualus uses a Nuva chest plate, and Axonn uses both. If itā€™s the parts used in conjunction with a Mata body, thatā€™s a bit more believable since the original Nuva sets were modified Mata builds; but otherwise Iā€™m having trouble imagining what would distinguish a Toa Nuva from a regular Toa from a MOC-making perspective. The Phantoka and Mistika, most of which could look right at home with the Mahri, donā€™t clear things up one bit either.

3 Likes

solution: people just build what looks good that reasonably looks like a toa

krakua proved that the design doesnā€™t need to follow canister set body plans, just general proportions

just, like, do that, bro

17 Likes

Iā€™m not overly concerned about how to build something that looks like a Toa, but since this person said

regarding what Tuyetā€™s armor could look like, Iā€™m curious to know what constitutes Nuva armor.

2 Likes