BIONICLE G2 Story Theories/Analysis Topic

But what I’m doing is speculating.

No offense, but remember the Golden Mask from the teaser?

I said it was a Golden Skull Mask, and you just kept disagreeing with me, saying it was black, and it was golden from the light of the forge (see Post 652 and Down).
Finally, I went along with what you said, so we could be pals.

Then they released the Golden Skull Grinder Mask, and everybody was all excited because they didn’t expect it, while I was thinking, “Yep. Called it.”

I’ve been hypothesizing on what can happen based on WHAT WE KNOW, and then I leave it open ended for discussion.

That’s what I’ve been doing, and yet everyone disagrees. They don’t provide evidence of their own that it can’t happen, and they also don’t always discuss it with me.

Heck, even the names in the Mask of Ultimate Power.
We had two names, Kulta and Makuta. Everyone says it was coincidence.
I agreed.
But later, we learned the name Umarak.
On further examination, I found that in there too.
Until another villain name is revealed, it is still a coincidence.

The whole MoUP-creating-a-body thing, I’ve discarded in this topic… until later anyway.
And as of late, I’ve been doing my ‘guessing’ in the BIONICLE 2015/2016 discussions.

I don’t want to end this with you thinking we are against each other (again).

So again, no offense @Chronicler . Just stating the facts.

Okay?
:disappointed_relieved:

@xX_TChalla_Xx

I’ve been trying to do that as of late.
Sometimes, I get this topic mistaken for something else, and don’t always mark it as a hypothesis.

:grin:

1 Like

And I’m correct on that still, because of how black shiny things like to reflect light. Besides, you’re still wrong by your logic, because by your logic, the mask should be white AND gold from the moonlight also shining on it.

2 Likes

but he was right.


[quote=“BBC1Wholock1, post:1080, topic:2715”]
Until another villain name is revealed, it is still a coincidence.
[/quote]until lego specifically states that this is where they’re getting the villain names, and considering Makuta is from G1 it’s not worth defending.

4 Likes

@Chronicler

I never said it was Gold and White.
See’Post 652 and Down.’.

ANYWAYS, I’ve decided I’ll be a bit lighter with some of this stuff. I do admit I’ve been a bit strict on this topic, so I’ll be a lot more lighter this time around.

As for the upcoming book, Revenge of the Skull Spiders, we have somewhat of a premise. The Skull Spiders are gonna get revenge. Yay. What’s gonna go on with it? Let’s bring some analysis into this.

So our possibility is what follows:

  • The Toa have received new masks and now we know that the Toa have sworn to protect the island of Okoto. Fair enough. (Island of the Lost Masks)
  • Lord of the Skull Spiders and Skull Slicer are still out there, as we never actually saw them die, just fall into chasms. The Toa seemed to have survived the fall into the chasm in Episode 13 as well, so it’s a possibility. Not exactly certain, though.
  • Ekimu is also awakened. What could happen with him?
  • We don’t actually know when Revenge of the Skull Spiders will be, but judging from the word “revenge” in the title, the Skull Spiders are probably back after the Toa whooped their behinds in Island of the Lost Masks, which makes me think this is a sequel. This is just speculation, though.
  • The Protectors could possibly come back, but we don’t exactly know this for a fact. (Although the Protector of Jungle is featured on the cover.)

Overall, this is what information i’ve been able to scrap so far. Have you guys found anything else?

3 Likes

it would be cool if the toa came back and in their absence all the villagers were possessed

2 Likes

I think we can speculate Lord of Skull Spider’s comic/box now;
well on the webisode (I think it was episode 5) when Narmoto said to Tahu that he couldn’t follow him I guess he will go hunt for the Golden Mask of Skull spiders but he is probaply going to fail as we see in LoSS’s comic that he/LoSS spits web around Narmoto,other than that if we take a second look at LoSS’s box we can see that in his box art that the bridge on his back is somewhat destroyed we know that it is destroyed on episode 11 by Onua after they fought with LoSS.All in all my theory is that LoSS is still around searching for the mask while The Protectors or just Narmoto(PoF) is on the hunt too,when LoSS takes out the Protectors the revenge will be his.

1 Like

I like that theory.

So, I’ll be spoilering this due to it having IoLM stuff:


It seems like the Toa were supposed to come to Okoto, but something delayed them and stole their memories. The Protector’s usage of the Mask of time expedited the Toa’s arrival. I think something happened to them before they got to Okoto.

1 Like

@Rac Where did you find this inflo in the book?

It’s not info from the book. It’s speculation based on stuff in the book.

Kivoda says the Mask of Time expedites the Toa’s arrival, and Nillkuu is surprised when Pohato–I mean Pohatu-- lacks memories.

2 Likes

Do you think that the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders could have been stolen from the LoSS before the Toa arrived in Episode 07?

I don’t think the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders was stolen at all. In fact, I don’t think anyone is gonna steal it at all. After all, Lord of the Skull Spiders isn’t dead. He just fell down a cliff. He could always crawl back up and get it.

That’s an opinion, though.

2 Likes

OK. So what was on the pedestal on the bridge?

The Mask of Creation?

I highly doubt it. Why would you leave a Legendary mask out in the open? I think it’s the GMoSS, it hasn’t appeared in other media besides the LOSS set, it’s the most mysterious thing can wise so far.

1 Like

Perhaps. We don’t actually know. That’s up to speculation.

But don’t jump in on it and claim “OH, so then we know it HAS to be the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders, because of something!”

We have nothing to tell us what was actually there, but I have a feeling the Mask of Creation was there. That’s my thought, though.

Perhaps Lord of the Skull Spiders was guarding the Mask of Creation. Just a thought.

What about the comics on the box? And I wouldn’t say mysterious. It’s obscure because Lego doesn’t seem to want to use the mask in anything. It’s like the other promotional masks. They have nothing to do with the story. It’s just a bit of a prize that comes with the set.

1 Like

Well, if the Lord of Skull Spiders isn’t using it to ambush the Toa while they are on the bridge, then who has it?

Skull Grinder?
I’m pretty sure he has been defeated for good.

Makuta?
Possible, but we don’t really know if he’s awake.
Unless he forged the GMoSS (remember Pohatu said that the Skull Spiders were under evil Makuta’s control), but if that’s the case, Skull Grinder would have given him the Mask of Creation instead of trying to destroy it. Unless Skull Grinder is working against Makuta…

Skull Slicer?
… hey, that’s an idea.
Skull Slicer could have the GMoSS and could use it against the Toa in Revenge of the Skull Spiders. That could explain why he has a Skull Spider Mask instead of a Skull Mask.
BUT THAT IS ONLY SPECULATION. I HAVE NO EVIDENCE.
(Someone try putting the GMoSS on Skull Slicer’s face. Just curious.)

Umarak the Hunter?
It COULD be possible, as he hunts for the masks, like the Skull Spiders did in Episodes 01-05.
BUT THAT IS ONLY SPECULATION. I HAVE NO EVIDENCE.

The ‘something’ I used was an official released set. I’m not just jumping to conclusions just because. Also, like @Legocreatorfan118 pointed out,

He’s right. It’s not the Mask of Creation (The Legend showed us that much, as it was hidden in a jungle-like area) and it couldn’t be the Mask of Ultimate Power ( again, out in the open? ).

Because of the events in Episode 13: Fallen Heroes, we could assume it is the Mask of Control, because Makuta is wearing it.

But, again, WE ARE JUST SPECULATING.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or maybe Lord of the Skull Spiders still has the mask. That is ALSO a possibility.

And maybe the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders is still with him. That said,

Thanks for completely ignoring what I said above. Lord of the Skull Spiders could have been guarding the Mask of Creation, not the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders. (We haven’t even seen the mask anywhere in the BIONICLE media besides the comics on the back of the box, and even then those are not canon.)

So why would Lego go to all this trouble implying the GMoSS was stolen when it hasn’t appeared anywhere in the animations and the next appearance it MIGHT make is the next book, which isn’t connected to the animations, so kids will have no idea what the heck it will be (they’d rather watch videos than read books, you know. The books are hard to find, too). Kids won’t wonder “gee, I wonder where that lame Golden Skull Spider mask went,” because Lego’s done a tremendous job making it the most obscure object in the new BIONICLE canon.

No, it’s obvious kids won’t be wondering where the GMoSS is, because it doesn’t appear in the animations. Only the three masks you mentioned (Creation, Control, Ultimate Power) would be what kids would guess.

Its logic that comes to play. Lego won’t waste their time on a lame, obscure mask. The Mask of Creation was there on the pedestal outside of the Ancient City, and the whole “jungle” thing was simply a visual to imply how hard it will be to find the mask. The books don’t even state that the Mask of Creation was in the jungle. So end of story here.

2 Likes

I think he has a skull spider mask because he is in LoSS’s control.

Any speculation on '16, or too far?