BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled

So is the main podcast going to be about system themes?

Definitely a major disappointment to see this happen. Brings me back to that day back in 2009 when Gen 1 was announced to be canceled. Really sad day today.

I’m hoping that if there is no final Makuta set this fall, Lego will at the very least put the MoUP in a polybag of some kind (the mold exists as seen in the Makuta Contest video, so I kind of hope we do get the piece at some point); but even that may be a pipe dream at this point.

Well, I guess it was nice while it lasted.

4 Likes

Welp…looks like Makuta wasn’t the only one banished to the shadow realm…

9 Likes

I mean, It’s entirely possible that this is a hiatus like last time… Right? It’s very unlikely, but it’s possible…

1 Like

Lego, once again, has done a fantastic job of telling us as little information as possible as to why it’s being cancelled.

11 Likes

But it’s pretty obvious why: it didn’t sell well enough.

1 Like

Then what makes Gen2 Bionicle different from Hero Factory in that one was able to exist for much longer than the other?

1 Like

That isn’t our fault, or the fault of other consumers’, it’s Lego’s fault. They went too safe, and look where that got them. It was a failure in terms of marketing.

6 Likes

Do you think they are aware that it was their fault?

Lego’s a multi-million dollar corporation.
I doubt it.

9 Likes

Or maybe after twelve years the line just got old. It’s no one’s fault really (but I do agree, the marketing wasn’t the best, however I don’t think it would have made that much of a difference.

5 Likes

You’ve got to keep in mind that Gen1 and Gen2 are very separate lines. They may share a name, but they are still very different.

You might as well say that constraction has gotten old if you’re gonna say that the 12 year old Bionicle has as well.

4 Likes

Oh we will. Now there might be some Bionicle content on their channel with the cancellation and all but give it a few months and they will have completely switched to systems themes.

2 Likes

This song perfectly portrays how we feel right now.

11 Likes

Well… I will never forget Bionicle G1 and i will always have the hope in my hearth that one day we will see a continuaiion to bionicle G1. As long as G.F. is alive and Lego still exists, there will always be hope!

It has been a honor be here with you guys, we will never let Bionicle go. :wink:

8 Likes

I think this quote perfectly summarizes the end of G2

21 Likes

Sigh.

-Mesonak

33 Likes

So, I wasn’t really into Bionicle when it was canceled in 2010. Gen 2 was what really brought me into the fan base and I ended up colecting the sets. Now that it’s canceled, can someone who went through the cancelling of gen 1 give me some tips on how to cope?

4 Likes

Let’s all agree to stick together, guys.
I for one will never tire of MoCing, or discussing dumb stuff on here. Bionicle may be gone, but the community is still great.

9 Likes

as long as ttv is around, and we keep our hopes up, we will keep being here, but if we split up into old bionicle, g2 bionicle and the new line, its gonna get rough, so let’s eccept that we had a nice and a good and bit of a nostalgic time instead of a ccbs hiatus(-the lego starwars ccbs figures)
let’s be positive about what’s to come and eccept the next line and UNITE as a big comunity with new members, old members, and inbetween
i hope that ttv will go on for years to come, and keep the comunity alive
to a new eara of constraction

-L-Legomaster

5 Likes