Brickonicle: City of the Mask Makers

71325 City of the Mask Makers
Piece count: 885
Price: $89.99

Encounter the Skull Grinder at the City of the Mask Makers!

• Push the lever to launch Tahu off the steps!
  • Shoot off the spring missiles to protect the temple
  • Fire the enemy turret at the Toa!
  • Pull the vine to open the trap door
  • Pop off the lid of the grave to release the Skull Warrior
  • Crawl around on Skull Grinder’s Skull Spider!
  • Shoot the Protector of Fire’s shoulder blaster
  • Spin the mask to reveal Ekimu’s resting place
  • Use the old tools to craft new weapons in the forge
  • Includes Tahu, Onua, Protector of Fire, Ekimu, Skull Grinder, and Skull Warrior figures (Ekimu shown in the back image)

Thanks for looking at my entry, hope you enjoyed it.

Also, I know I can’t really restrict it, but I’d reeeeeally appreciate if you did not try to use the designs I made for things like the Protector of Fire, Ikir, Onua, etc.

165 Likes

It looks veeeeeery good, but I don’t understand why you put Ikir into a set who represents something from 2015.

5 Likes

Dang, this thing is just awesome! It looks just like something Lego would churn out.

Also RIP my chances of winning (and probably everyone else).

7 Likes

I should probably just mention I don’t know much about BIONICLE story-wise other than these past two years (even though I owned a few sets from the earlier years)

So… let’s just pretend… he’s part of the 2015 story :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@CM4Sci Your ingenuity knows no bounds.

6 Likes

This. Is. Amazing. Also RIP me since I can’t use my skull villains now. (b/c my design was the exact same.)

2 Likes

wow this is fantastic

2 Likes

This is legitimately my favorite System Bionicle set, it just looks soooooooo good!!! It uses a nice variety of recent pieces, and looks a whole lot like an actual set by lego.

#I love it.

the price sucks though, that’s for sure.

EDIT: oh, forgot to add, your Narmoto (protector of fire) build is beyond great (you even managed to incorporate the stud shooter!). I think I’m going to try and replicate it IRL when the contest is over, if you let me.

4 Likes

well I think we have a winner here, this looks so good.

if only system wasnt so overpriced…

5 Likes

Same(with having the same skull villain designs); though mine had different helmets and legs.

1 Like

OK. I can handle this.

2 Likes

Ok, I haven’t been paying the entries much attention, but dang this looks really nice. Well done!

2 Likes

@CM4Sci I understand that you would prefer it if we didn’t use your designs, but for the more basic ones like the Skull Villains and Tahu, would it be alright considering many of us had already developed (on our own) very similar if not completely the same designs?

1 Like

Yeah it’s mainly things like the Protecter and Onua I’m weary about. The Tahu and Skull guys are pretty much… how everyone’s gonna make them so go ahead lol. Like I said I can’t restrict or force anything but I’d prefer if you didn’t use some of the ‘unique’ builds.

1 Like

Very well done, comparing Onua and Skull Grinder size bugs me-
Beside the plot from someone who hardly follow the story, this is still a solid set.

1 Like

Looks pretty legit. Nice job.

2 Likes

The City of the Mask Makers is really cool. The Minifigures are really well done.

2 Likes

For 89.99, this is well worth it.
I love the design, it fits well with Bionicle and it just looks great, the fuctions are nice,
and the minifigs are great representations.

10/10

3 Likes

Definitely one of the best brickonicle mocs, most people aren’t designing them like actual lego sets and I think you did it really well.

3 Likes

This has joined the ranks as one of my favorites. The way you present the set is very eye catching, having quality near akin to that of what I’d see on actual Lego box art. The design itself is just as terrific, having a nice attention to shaping and really fitting the world of Okoto. The scaling of Onua and Kulta looks a little odd, but fantastic job otherwise.

4 Likes