Calypte Salvo

Time for another of these automaton things. I probably should come up with a name for the series. This is Calypte Salvo, a Sentient Automaton built for aerial combat.
Imgur
Imgur
Salvo uses its seeker rockets and wing blades for air-to-air skirmishes and air-to-ground strikes. It may be lacking in defense, but its mobility and weapons arsenal make up for its weaknesses.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
This one was really fun to build, and incorporates several things I have been wanting to try into one MOC. I don’t normally make figures that aren’t meant to stand on their own (though Salvo can), so this was an enjoyable experiment.

While Salvo is designed to use a stand for hovering poses, it can stand if you retract the wings on its back. Poses are a bit more limited on the ground, obviously.
Imgur

With this series, I am trying to make each Automaton have its own unique theme or feature while still obviously being part of the same series. I’m approaching the designs from the perspective of designing a boss in a video game. How would it attack? What mechanics would the fight be based around?

As with the other two Automatons (Lucanis Sentinel and Zelus Maestro), Calypte Salvo is named after an animal genus. In this case, it is a hummingbird.

That is it for today! I hope you enjoyed this MOC as much as I did. Full album is here should you be interested in seeing the rest of the photos! Thanks!

34 Likes

Nice color scheme! The Pink and Black is a really nice contrast.

Looks goof, though some small soles would do good to it IMO.

Very sleek design, I like it a lot!

I’m liking this series of Mocs a lot so far, reminds me a bit of the bosses from Virtual On cyber troopers.

Kinda reminds me of both Echo and Pharah from Overwatch. Looks super cool!

this is seriously giving me some Gundam the end vibes.