Zelus Maestro

Hey guys! Got another MOC today. This is Zelus Maestro, an autonomous combat drone built for speed, agility, and slashing with its phase-tech blades.
Imgur

Imgur

With this build I really wanted go in a more stylized direction than I normally do. Major focuses were the spindly proportions, color scheme, and articulation. Zelus Maestro has pretty good mobility, and can pull of some neat poses.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

I thought this one looked vaguely insect like, so I named it after a genus of assassin bug. This a pretty fun experiment using techniques I don’t normally try.

As always, full album can be found here. If you have any thoughts, questions, or improvement ideas, I would love to here them. Thanks folks!

37 Likes

Nice color blocking you got there!

Nice system use!

I like those use of those translucent white blades from Exo-Force!

I can’t Find anything wrong with this moc, it looks cool, has personality and HOW DOES IT STAND UP!!???

It’s pretty lightweight. I added some of the rubber technic lift arms on the feet, and those really help with the balance. The main issue is that the black ball joint sockets don’t have a lot of friction anymore, so he can’t stand on one foot or anything.

1 Like

Well that sucks, maybe use a figma stand? Anyway great job!

If they already had those marbled swords from exo-force… why didn’t they use them for makuta krika?

1 Like

This is fantastic. Reminds me alot of plague mechs.