Chiara, solitary Toa of Lightning

Here’s my version of Toa Chiara (which I’ll submit in the future Duckbrick’s contest).
As always, when I design a canon character, all the pieces (minus the mask) exist in the colors I’ve used.

I wanted to give her a lean, somehow feminine, silhouette, but also convey a sense of strength and agility. Taking inspiration from her bio, I imagined her like an huntress who’s armor is made of her trophies: you can spot pieces of Bohrok, Visorak and Rahkshi on her.

She has a gear on her back just for aesthetic.

This is the first time I make a Toa build that features a torso joint. The metru foot can be kept in place with a white rubber band that links the 1/2 bush with the joint.

A bonus shot f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶d̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ of Chiara using her mask’s power.
Here are some size comparisons:

with Gelu, for story reasons.

with @doni’s Orde and my Zaria

15 Likes

Neat! I like how this Chiara isn’t a Metru build, but has similar torso proportions. The added joints are nice as well!

3 Likes

Neat. Coincidentally has a good few similarities to my own MOC I plan on sharing closer to time for the competition- weirdly much similar even. Maybe a little tall, but not entirely unbelievable.

4 Likes

I really like this build. Not just the design decisions, but also the style; to me, it strikes the perfect balance of prefab Bionicle parts and more intricate custom Technic builds, while also not going overboard with either complexity or simplicity.

As for the aforementioned design decisions, I like the colour distribution and shaping, particularly the shaping of her legs. The Kohrak shield/gear combo on her back also looks really cool.

3 Likes