Constraction Pieces in Modern Lego Sets

Then make a horrendous mess for everyone else to continue making the same level of quality.

Could these buildable figures herald the return of constraction???

3 Likes

they are the return of constraction
this is how it will be from now on, clown shoes and wacky proportions- just like the original constraction!

5 Likes

It’s nice to see that twenty years after Galidor, LEGO action figures still don’t have glutes.

Spider-Man’s got a muscular butt and I demand to see it.

4 Likes

But without our beloved pieces. And the figures they’re making aren’t even that interesting to look at. :disappointed:

1 Like

from what I can tell, the shoulders actually appear to be new pieces, they’re attached by clips to the torso.

This isn’t modern (if you don’t count 2016), but I hadn’t noticed it until now and thought it was a really cool find.

Kopaka’s and Tahu’s 2015’s sword piece colored in white is present at the head of the dinosaur skeleton, in front of the cave

9 Likes

Neat; while constraction pieces have always managed to make their way into System sets, you don’t often see such specialized pieces do so any more.

6 Likes

here’s the official render to confirm

5 Likes

this makes little sense but whatever

new part variant

Does it have any connectivity on the inside, or just the clips?

I don’t have the part on hand yet so I can’t say for sure

The interior’s completely smooth, no connection points unfortunately

(Screenshot taken from a Duckbricks review)

6 Likes

wait a minute why did they use black axles on spider-man and red axles on venom

8 Likes

it was me

5 Likes

Remember, the coloured axles are to make it easier for kids to build. A red axle will be easier to find in a pile of black parts, and vice versa.

3 Likes

but surely the same could be said for any red/black parts in the sets

6 Likes

True, but they’re usually more prominent external pieces. A red axle in the ankle isn’t going to stick out as much as, say, a red heel plate.

2 Likes

and if you buy both figures you can always just switch them out

2 Likes

I think Lego typically considers 2L axles (and other small Technic pieces) to be “structural parts” and always make them off-colour, regardless of whether or not they’re visible in the set.