Crab-like rahi

Hello! Ive been looking for a place to post my creations, so here i am! This is my first post on any forum, so I hope the layout and stuff turns out well.

I felt inspired by the Barraki, which made me want to try and make my own underwater creature. I wanted to include some translucent pieces to imitate bioluminescence. The rahi turned out to be somewhat crab-like. I dont really have a name for the species, I think making up names for my mocs is actually pretty difficult. I liked how the jaws looked, the flames on the claws looked like whiskers of some kind to me, so i tried to add some more flame pieces on the arms to make it look like tattered fins. Here are some views from each side.

Running pose, huzzah!

40 Likes

First, Welcome to the boards! Second, Great moc! I love the claws.

1 Like

There’s a lot going on with the colors, but somehow it works quite well. Welcome to the boards!

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome, and im glad you like it!

4 Likes

Don’t double post (post twice in a row in the same topic). Instead, use pings like this (@Kirikori) to reply to multiple people.

For example @Cordax is a vacuum salesman.

3 Likes

Thank you! Honestly, I was surprised myself the colors didnt turn out to be too messy and crowded to myself. I dont know how but it worked out!

3 Likes

Yes, pressing the reply button is fine. But double posting, which is when you post twice in the same topic without anyone posting in between, is supposed to be the cardinal sin on this board.

2 Likes

Here’s a topic on how to do things here.

1 Like

Ohh, right, I think I understand what you mean now, basically i should have bundled both replies in the same post in this case to avoid cluttering the comment section?

5 Likes

And here are the rules

1 Like

Exactly. Again, welcome to the boards, happens to everyone.

1 Like

It would be cool if you could add some gears etc in the mouth like the visorak in the movies-might notch up that menacing vibe.

3 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

@Axelford Hmm, interesting idea! Sadly i can’t try it on this one anymore, because it has been taken apart already for some time, but i think i will try gear-jaws in a future creation sometime, could be fun. Thanks!

3 Likes

I really love the deep sea motif, and I especially love myself a good Arthropod build! Nice work man!

2 Likes

Ooh, I really like this build, gives off major Deep-sea vibes

2 Likes

Are you really a vacume salesman?

3 Likes

There’s a running joke that I’m a vacuum salesperson because my self moc looks like a door-to-door salesman. My self moc is my featured topic, so just go there.

4 Likes

Very coral like

1 Like

This is a great crab! I love how you used both G1 and G2 elements in your design. They work perfectly!

1 Like