Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Louisa mirrors his shrug. “I hope so for your sakes.” She stands, stretching slightly. “Anyways, I should be goeeng. Better to leave sooner than later. Good luck weeth your rebellion; eef you ween, maybe I’ll be back.” With a final wave she leaves, heading out into the streets.

Blud stops in front of a house, that presumably Moenir had run into. His face was pale, as if it was made of snow.

Hans nods. Sean enters the room. “I just sent a message out.” He said to Hans, ignoring Louisa. “They should meet us a-”

He’s cut off by an unexpected gunshot roaring through the streets of Kenasa. His face grows worried. “Oh no.”

Sarah walks up to blood. “What’s th’problem?” She asks.

2 Likes

Blud gulps,
“I think I have a kid…I think I’ve recently just met that kid…”

Louisa whips her head around. That couldn’t be good. Still, maybe it would afford the distraction she needed to escape… She would have to hurry. She darts through the streets, attempting to head to the city wall. Well, given her knowledge of the city, the plan is more of “pick a direction and you’ll find a wall eventually.” It wasn’t perfect, but hey, what could you do?

Ryko listens, as he walks up behind Sarah.
“Oh, boy. More drama.” He quips good-naturedly.

Lillan stands a distance away from them.
Kasie looks for any potential people to steal from.
@Runa

She stifles a laugh. “Well okay then.”

Hans and Sean rush out into the streets, looking for the source of the shot. A few more followed. “They were supposed to wait for a signal!” Sean muttered angrily. “We need to go see what’s going on, now!”

Blud says aloud in a nervous tone,
“I think you should go first…I don’t want to upset the Mrs…”

Moenir walked through his childhood home, he sat down on a chair in the kitchen, and heard footsteps coming around the corner.
[speaking in Gathenian]
“I swear if it is those land-sharks again…I’ll-”

Aina dropped the basket she was working on and ran, hugging her son, [speaking in Gathenian]
“SON! You’re home!”

Moenir smiled and replied, [speaking in Gathenian]
“Yeah, I’m home… I also am kinda working on a mission, with some companions.”

Sarah sighs, then knocks on the door.

Louisa continues to dart through the streets, keeping the brim of her hat pulled low with one hand while the other keeps a solid hold on the strap of her musket as it bounces on her back. Her eyes peer out from under her floppy hat, attentive for the first sign of Nikidian soldiers.

She would hear more gunfire follow, and three Nikidian soldiers run right in front of her, too focused to notice her.

As Sean and Hans reached the scene, they’d see a full-on fight breaking out between soldiers and a rebel force, most(though not all) of which Sean recognized from Sarah’s speech.

1 Like

Was that Pierre…? No, no time to think of that. She stops, pressing herself to the side of the street with her hat over her face until the soldiers pass. Then she’s off again, running in the opposite direction of her former comrades.

OOC: Sure!

“Wot you growling about weirdo?” Asks Valentine with slight brash hostility in his voice

Moenir runs over to the door,
Yes-” [speaking in Gathenian]
“Yes?”

Blud waves and smiles, showing one gold tooth.

OOC: Or, since he’s already responded to Jacques, maybe Kenasa? There is a battle going on right there.

IC:
As Louisa runs, she might run into another soldier, trailing behind the rest. He’d look up at her. “Que se-” He says, before cutting himself off. “Louisa?”

While Sean stands there, trying to think of what to do, Hans jumps down to the bottom layer of the city, brandishing a pistol and firing at one of the soldiers.

“Um…hi.” Sarah says. “…We dunno where we’re going.”

“The fight, the battle, the endless bloodlust!” He whispers

“Big words coming from someone dressing up as a devil, izat a fake tash you’re wearing?” he asks pointing at Riku’s mempo

1 Like

Moenir thinks about it,
“Ah! I never told you guys where to go, the biggest building here is where the person you would want is.”

Aina walks over and puts her hand on Moenir’s shoulder, asking in gathenian
"Who is it?"
Moenir answers in gathenian,
My friends, she wants to free her country from the oppressive current one. Needs to convince the three to do so. So, I was going to send her to their building…
Aina,
"Then go walk her down there!"
She looks at Sarah,
“Sorry for his rudeness, now get going.”
She glances at Blud Beard,
“Nice to see you after all this time”
Her voice was cold, and Blud had cold sweat dropping down his face…

Sarah nods. “Thank ye, ma’am. Let’s get goin’.” She says, starting to walk away from the obviously tense situation.