DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (RP Topic)

Runa slams the last drawer shut, likely splintering it around the handle. He growls and goes towards the back exit. He’d have to track them down and ask them himself.

“Oh, back already?” the stranger calls. “…there isn’t anything in there, is there?”

Runa glances at her. “Which way did they go.” He demands.

She points her thumb over her shoulder. “Back through that alley is where I saw them before I ran into you. They’re not anywhere close, though; otherwise I’d already be after them. By the way, I don’t think I caught your name.”

Iosif barely had time to take in the setting before he was asked to make a decision; a major one that would decide… How the next hour was wasted. His mouth open, he looked from case to case completely overwhelmed by the stunning variety of flashy designs that didn’t appear to make any sense, oblivious to what any of them actually were.

“I’m not the best judge,” He murmured almost sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head and hoping something would blow up to take the pressure off.

1 Like

Geosh was now confused, “If this isn’t an ally of the thugs then why was the android seemingly hostile?” he thought.
“Excuse me, but are you going to try and kill me?” Geosh asked the figure, as he turned to follow this person.

“Project: Runa.” He said, extending his wings and preparing to take off in that direction.

The cloaked figure turns to look at him, her crescent-patterned mask tilting to the side as she considers him.

“Well that’s an odd way to say hello. Hi, I’m Nightingale, full-time ghost hunter and part-time hero. No, I don’t make a habit of killing random strangers. Nice to make your acquaintance.” She performs a slight curtsey.

“And nice to meet you too. Let me know when you see them, I’ll follow from the rooftops.” Her shadow stretches, tendrils reaching into the air behind her.

Without a reply, Runa flies up just above the rooftops, looking down into alleys as he passes to look for them.

“It’s fine.” Ryan shrugged easily, “I’ll pick something then.”

He scanned the shelf, soon settling on a racing game of some sort: Drift 7. He walked up to Zack with it, who was now on the menu screen.

“Found something?”

“Yep.” Ryan grinned, holding up the case, which Zack took and soon inserted the disk into the machine. As he selected it on the menu, the roaring of a car engine revving up marked the game’s title screen.

1 Like

“Sounds good, partner,” she quips, dashing towards the rooftop. She leaps, hovering for a moment before her shadow catches the lip of the roof and pulls her up. She waves to Geosh before vanishing over the rooftop, following Runa and glancing down into alleys for her quarry.

“Well it’s just minorly important to me, I’m Geosh, but if I’m noticed by the news then they call me shadow knight.”

Geosh starts trying to follow Nightingale and Runa from the ground.

Nightingale would eventually spot the troupe again, heading east towards the open street, where a van seemed to be waiting.

The muscles in Iosif’s neck tightened, hardly prepared for the sudden noise. The title, Drift 7, didn’t make any sense. Drift must be a car thing, but… Didn’t you need a wheel to drive a car? The weirdly trapezoid thing Zach was holding didn’t look remotely like a wheel.

Iosif quietly sunk into the nearest available spot on the couch, his hands back in his pockets, half-waiting and half-dreading for events to unfold.

1 Like

Nightingale hovers across the rooftops, shadowy tendrils pulling her ahead. She rushes toward the waiting van, hoping to beat the gangsters to it.

Runa would follow Nightingale, but land behind them, so as to trap them between the two.

1 Like

Katelyn arrives back in the rally, finding a bored Lauren waiting for her.

There you are. I was starting to think you went home without me,” Lauren quips. Katelyn rolls her eyes.

“I’m sorry, I was just talking to someone important. You wouldn’t get it.” Kate scoffs, folding her arms and sticking her nose up at Lauren.

“Who, the guy in the suit?” Kate nods, and now it’s Lauren’s turn to roll her eyes. “Geez, talk about gaudy. I mean, really who wears a white suit? Who does that guy think he is?” She shakes her head, beginning to lead Kate back to the subway.

“He’s a therapist, Lauren. And a very smart one too. You should have came and talked with us; he had a lot of good things to say. Actually,” she says, cutting off Lauren’s attempted rebuttal, “he gave me a business card! Really, you should talk to him, I think you would learn a lot.” Kate presses the card into Lauren’s hand, and she begrudgingly takes it.

“I don’t know, Kate, some of the stuff he was saying… I just have a bad feeling about him. And no, I’m not just talking about the suit.” Kate throws her head back in a dramatic sigh.

“Ugh, I knew you’d say that. See, this is why you should talk to him; he can explain this better than I can, he can make you get it.” Lauren stares at the card.

“You know what? Sure. I’ll talk to him.”

“Really? Omigosh, I can’t believe I’m hearing this! You’re finally coming around!” Kate grins, giving Lauren a friendly bump in the shoulder. Lauren can’t help but return a faint smile, still staring at the card. Flynn Meyers. Now I have a place to start. Of course, she wasn’t going to mention to Kate that she was going to get to the bottom of who this stranger was and why he made her so nervous. That would be her little secret… one of many.

Lauren tucks the card in her purse, and the two continue onto the subway, their conversation drifting off to other things.

3 Likes

Geosh temporarily lost track of nightingale, he found her easier to follow than runa, but after a few minutes Geosh found her coming up on a van.

1 Like

Zack, Ryan, and Charlie respectively, sat around him on the couch, Zack beginning to pass out controllers, including to Iosif.

The strangely dressed man heading the pack looks back and forth between his pursuers as they drop down on both sides of the gang. “You sure you wanna do this?” He grins, entirely unphased. The snake beside him, however, looks agitated, already poised to strike at Nightingale. His other men flanking him also gear up to fight, grouping up their hand-bound captives so that they would stay in sight while they dealt with this.

1 Like

“Oh, I can negotiate. Let go of the hostages, do whatever tinhead over there wants, and we’ll let you walk away.” A tendril of shadow snakes along the ground, pooling by the van’s front tires. Nightingale hovers there, her arms spread in a half-shrug.