DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (RP Topic)

Answer wouldn’t notice her as he was pretty focusing with the two escaping individuals.

Answer unloads two rounds at one of the escaping individuals. He aims at his torso, hoping it would cause the individual to fall down. He only needed one of the escaping persons to get answers.

Hayden heard some sort of commotion and saw a suspicious person running.
“Normally means some sorta trouble is happening.” Hayden thought as he flew towards the alleyway the person had went down. As Hayden flew into the alleyway, he erupted his body into blue flames.
“You better come out!” Hayden yelled

Not very observant, Adelaide never quite noticed Gideon on her walk. She aimlessly walked through the city, exploring the area.

Adelaide panicked at the sight, watching a grungy costumed man aim and shoot a gun in an alleyway was fairly new to her. Well… At least she wasn’t the one getting shot at. It wasn’t her job to stop the mad man anyway. What if he turned to shoot her? Adelaide never got shot before so what even would happen with her body.

Questions filled her mind as she cowered away, not involving herself with the situation. She continued eating her paper as if it were a bag of chips.

1 Like

Ugh…

The police would be alerted to the gunfire soon enough, but he would have to ensure nobody was hurt. Any day except the Luthor rally… Why do I always have to do something stupid like this?

Gideon walked up to the alley, placing himself in Adelaide’s line of sight. Tossing the cigarette away, he smiled at her as he turned to gold.

“Try not to get hurt.”

Entering the alley, the clicks of his shoes made his presence obvious.

2 Likes

She simply put, swooned a bit. Oh, he’s so cool! He can turn into gold? Gold is super sparkly and cool. While I’m just paper… Looking down at herself, she glumly sighed as she inspected herself. I wish I could alchemize or something.

Stepping back to allow the man to pass, she stepped on the ashes of the barely lit cigarette, lighting a foot on fire. She panicked, shaking her foot all around. Grabbing her bag, she used it to attempt put it out. I take it back, he’s an a-hole.

Giving a kick, she discarded her lower leg, watching it burn. Breaking open two packs, she drove one towards her stomach and using the other to morph a cast where her foot used to be.

Wait, she was loosing sight of the situation. Was she supposed to help the gold guy out? Letting some guy shoot up people wasn’t the best for society but… Who cares anyway. She could watch.

2 Likes

Answer misses, as both of the men have pretty much already turned the corner into the main street on the other side of the alley in opposite directions.

The man freaks out, throwing his hands up in surrender and screaming, “I’M CLEAN MAN, I’M CLEAN, I DIDN’T BUY NOTHING YET, PLEASE DON’T HURT ME!”

That same member of staff, shocked at the sight, quickly calls the police, specifically the SCU. Since it’s all weird and metahuman-y, the story is quickly picked up by the media and starts sharing airtime on breaking news bulletins on the TV and radio with the Luthor rally, for anyone that cares to see it.

2 Likes

“Alright, that’s enough.”

Gideon speaks loud enough to assuredly get the Answer’s attention. “Look, let’s talk this out.”

No. No. No no no no no nononononono NO.

Iosif tore down the street, ducking into an alley and crouching behind a dumpster as he started shaking violently. This can’t be happening. It isn’t. I’m asleep somewhere.

1 Like

“What was going on?” Hayden asks, then flys out of the alley, sees some others going after another guy, and zips back to where the first guy was.

Vance would hear the action and possibly some of the Dusha Bomba story. “These meta-humans. It’s wild,” he’d say to his new friend after being started

@TheCobaltCorsair

Answer curses to the ground, putting his firearm away, under his overcoat in its holster. He’s clearly frustrated that one of them got away, but at this distance he couldn’t catch up. He hears the scream of the man saying he’s clean and that he didn’t buy nothing yet. His original suspicion was correct, well about something illegal happening. He turns his head hearing the clang of metal footsteps, some gold man was walking his direction. saying something about that’s enough and they should talk this out.

Answer tilts his head inquisitively, “I assume you mean you’re interrupting my drug bust. Otherwise I don’t know what you mean, so do explain.”

1 Like

“You’re not an officer of the law,” He responded with a cool tone. “You’re also unloading a firearm into an alley at individuals running away from you, and you have nobody to defend your case besides yourself.”

He smirked. “You make for an awfully poor superhero, relying on bullets and the like.”

2 Likes

Answer sighs and turns around, “Figures I’d deal with a paradigm such of yourself. My use of firearms is based on necessity, as I don’t have the funds not the abilities of heroes such as yourself. You assume much, but to humor you, let’s get that proof. I heard one of my suspects scream at the end of that alleyway, they must’ve been caught by another hero. We’ll question them and get the proof you need. As for heroes using firearms, there are such heroes, take Vigilante for example.”

The masked individual walks off towards the other end of the alley, “I don’t care if you believe or not. The only thing I care about is getting results.”

“You’ll get results.” Gideon said, not bothering to look at Answer’s cocky display. He was too busy writing a description of Answer’s appearance. “You’ll get them soon, junior.”

Still not bothering to look back up, he turned and walked the way he had come. “Tell the chief I said hello.”

1 Like

“I’m waiting for an answer.” Hayden says

Answer walks away uncaring of the hero’s assumptive remark. The police were going to come whether that man intervened or not. Answer goes to the edge of the alleyway, seeing the frightened man and the burning hero. All he needed was the answer of what the suspect was buying, and with this hero as his witness, he’d gratefully greet the police. Answer tips his hat at the burning man, as a gesture of goodwill.

“R-right! Yeah! I was, just, uh…” The guy stammers, a bit disoriented with Hayden’s random disappearance and reappearance.

The man shifts uncomfortably. Now there were two of them. He takes a step back, his hands still raised in surrender, “Hey man, I just wanted to try it, other guy’s who you want. If you quick, you can still catch him…” He offers, taking another tentative step back, “I don’t want no trouble, man…”

2 Likes

“Tell us what you were buying. I’m not asking.”
Answer says moving to cut off any escape routes,
“Cooperate and nothing will happen to you. Don’t… And I’ll let the other guy decide.”

“Okay, okay! I got it, man, I got it. It was that new Venom, Snakebite. Guy said it was better than, than… his stuff…” He mimes breaking someone’s back over his knee, just in case he hadn’t gotten the point across already.

3 Likes

“You mean Bane’s?” Hayden asked

The man does restrained dance of fear as he suppresses the urge to scream, before nodding aggressively.

1 Like