DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (RP Topic)

“If it’s truly better than Bane’s venom then this might be really bad,” Hayden thought “this is like real Justice League type stuff.” As Hayden had these thoughts, he stayed expressionless. A few seconds later, Hayden finally seemed to remember the, now two, others; and resumed his questions.
“Do you know anything else about this ‘snakebite’ stuff, or the other guy?” Inquired Hayden

“Indeed,” Thelryn replied.

OOC: Sorry about not posting any RPs; I’ve been working on a few other projects.

Answer stares at him, before saying, “Tell us your seller, or how you even got in contact with such people.”

The masked man crosses his arms, but even with his mask, one could tell he is concerned about the prospect of such a drug. Stronger heroes, and more experienced heroes have had a difficult time with Bane… something or rather someone stronger… that’s going to be much more difficult.

As the exchange seemed to simmer down, Vance looked around to see if Lex was coming off the stage in hopes of a conversation with the candidate

Wait I thought that was a gun, not a bu- Oh, it shoots things out of it. Huh, that’s what those are called. Adelaide vaguely listened to the conversation but didn’t really understand the logic behind it. Guns seem neato, why not use them… I guess it’s not quite so super since anyone can get a gun though.

Adelaide took her turn and followed Gideon unsubtly, slightly ticked. Was there not going to be a fight? What was the point of showing up then? Why even activate his power? She didn’t really care for the other guy, didn’t seem powered anyway so who cared about him. Following Gideon would be the best millage anyway and who cared about alleyway deals.

Attempting to get Gideon’s attention, she waved to him like a starstruck fan.

2 Likes

Gideon folded the paper and returned it to his pocket. Sometime later, he would have to make a trip to police headquarters and give them the vigilante’s description. For the time being, however, probably best not to be around when they trace the gunfire, and it was somewhat surprising the Luthor campaign hadn’t rushed security in to protect…

He was being followed, at close range, poorly. Suppressing his gold power, he turned around to some surprise (and a bit of relief) at the sight of Adelaide.

“Well, there you are.” He smiled. “How are you?”

1 Like

Adelaide frowned, contemplating what to ask him first. She furiously gesticulated her hands around trying to get the words out her mouth. What question should she ask first? Her facade started to drop as her face started to fall off before she hurriedly pushed it back on.

Oh wait he asked her a question, huh. Adelaide flushed at her display as she glanced away. “Oh, I’m rather fine. Uhm. About that alleyway…” She trailed off as she started forming her question.

1 Like

Gideon had to bite on his tongue a little to keep from giving a visual indication that her face sliding down was creepy and unnerving.

“Oh, them?” He glanced towards the alleyway with another flashy smile. “Just some hotshot who thinks unloading a handgun at small-time crooks is being a superhero. As long as he doesn’t kill anybody he’s safe from me, but the police will have some questions for him.”

“Reason I went down there was to see if he had managed to hit any of them. But no, he’s about as terrible of a marksman as he is a planner.” He sighed softly, his eyes instinctively trailing to the concealed firearm in his three-piece suit. “If he had managed to hurt someone, he would have bigger worries than the police.”

“By the way, my name’s Gideon.” He extended his hand. “Gideon Gold.”

3 Likes

The girl spat out her question rather ticked. “What’s the point of confronting him if you aren’t going to use your powers to do something cool?” Subtlety wasn’t a strong suit and she ignored the hypocrisy. Adelaide mimed a punch as she continued talking. “I mean why show up all suave and just waste it by leaving it to the police.”

She coughed and waved her hand as if trying to brush off what she just said. “Anyway, don’t sweat it. I’m new around here.” Adelaide attempted to fist bump Gideons hand before realizing he wanted a handshake. Awkwardly opening her hand, she lightly accepted it. “My names Adelaide.”

2 Likes

“With power comes responsibility.” Gideon said after finishing the handshake. She seemed fragile to the touch, at least to him. “We who posses superpowers are called to accept responsibility for the aftermath of their usage. Plus, I can only become invulnerable; it’s not like I can fly or anything. Helps when you’re approaching armed shooters, though.”

“What brings you to Metropolis?” …Was it the office supply store?

4 Likes

Kate nods, wishing she had enough hands to hold her notepad, write on it, and hold her dictophone up. “Noted, thank you.” She pulls her hand back down, scribbling down notes as other questions get asked.

3 Likes

The buyer freaks out a little again as he’s overwhelmed by the two of them. “I don’t know his name man! I just got a number from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, who, uh, knows my brother. I-I can give you it, if you want? It’s on my phone.” He offers.

As Luthor continues to answer further questions, a hooded figure near the back of the throng starts melting towards the front. As the security posted around the stage start eyeballing the stranger, the person picks up their pace, jumping to the head of the crowd and throwing down their hood. The figure is wearing a black domino mask, and has very long chestnut hair, which they toss back to reveal.

Suddenly, it’s slicing through the air seemingly on its own towards the candidate, glinting wickedly in small sharp bunches as though it were a storm of knives. The crowd erupts into panicked screams, beginning to deteriorate into a hapless mass of people trying to put as much distance between them and the newcomer as possible. At this point security is making a beeline for the attacker, one of them moving to get Luthor out of harm’s way, who throws up an arm to protect his face.

1 Like

You can’t fly… Do you get detected by metal detectors and they don’t let you on?. Wait yeah powers. She contemplated a solution for his problems but the only one she could think of was a hang glider though Gideon probably wouldn’t be too receptive to the idea…

Adelaide shrugged at the question. “Lots of great places to get food and I kind of want a city life. Powered folk are a plus though, it’s weird not knowing any and being the only one in your family.”

2 Likes

Vance passed into and back out of the Labyrinth to suit up. He leaped towards Luthor to try to knock him to the ground so that the attack would miss or cause less damage

@TheMightyObsidianDude

“Can’t say I’m particularly happy with Luthor’s campaign.” Gideon frowned slightly, crossing his arms. “Soon it’ll be illegal to exist with powers. I don’t pay much attention to politics, but I think I’ll be voting for his opponent.”

“Speaking of powered folk…” He motioned to her. “What’s your ‘superpower’?”

2 Likes

Answer gets his notepad out, “Tell us what it is.”

After the suspect presumably tells them, he would write it down and leave for his vehicle, leaving the scene all together. There is much research he will need to do.

1 Like

Hayden lets the masked man take over the questioning, and after hearing the number Hayden flies off, looking for a phone booth that he could call the number from

“Wait if it’s illegal for us to exist, will we loose our powers?” Used to the hard sanctity of magical rules, she panicked, assuming they’d somehow loose their powers. She muttered off quietly to herself. “Guess I’ll vote if I can then…”

Adelaide turned pink as Gideon asked her power and jokingly have him a light pat on the shoulder. “Wait aren’t we supposed to keep that stuff secret? You can’t ask a young maiden private info like that!” She pulled her head back in a stifled laughter.

2 Likes

As the radio details the attack on Luthor, ROB shoots up, dropping his diesel pipe.
“Heading over there?” Seth asked.
“I would say so.” The tin-can replied, readying his rockets for take-off.

2 Likes

Gideon grinned. Not exactly a very bright person, but someone interesting to talk to - he had a bit of a conversation drought prior to coming to Metropolis.

“Well, you keep your secrets, and I’ll keep mine.” He chuckled. “Met any other powered folk recently? I imagine Metropolis has more than just you and me.”

Iosif slowly stood and cautiously moved to the end of the alley. The media must have arrived by now, and if they were sufficiently distracted, maybe now was his time to escape…

2 Likes