DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (RP Topic)

She gloomily sighed and reached to grab a pack of paper before realizing she had run out. Eh, she had more at home anyway. “No, not really. I don’t feel like trying to talk to any actual important people, feels like I’d waste their time.”

2 Likes

Thelryn, a little startled by his new friend’s disappearing act, caught sight of the masked attacker from the corner of his eye. “Oh, great. It’s going to be one of those days…” he said.

With that, he started to make his way towards the scene of the attack. Though he didn’t know Luthor, nor did he even care about Luthor’s campaign, Thelryn knew that he had to do something…

OOC: Yep, I just had to quote (or at least paraphrase) Lewa with the whole “one of those days” remark.

EDIT (also OOC): Yeah, I decided I had to revise the RP, since, as usual, I wrote it while I was tired. Now, it should make more sense, if such a thing is possible with me :stuck_out_tongue:

After stopping by his apartment to collect a new outfit, as his former clothes had been burned up by igniting in the alleyway, Hayden found a phone booth that he could call the snakebite contact that the potential buyer had given.
After waiting for someone to finish changing in the phone booth, Hayden entered the booth. It took him a minute to figure out how to use the booth, but finally Hayden dialed the number. The phone rang the times before someone picked up, and Hayden heard a voice.

1 Like

Before the security detail or either hero could reach the attacker, it was already too late. The blade-like hair had cut clean through his suit and tshirt and sliced several deep gashes into Luthor’s arm and chest. He falls back off his podium, yelling in pain and alarm as he clutches his wounds.

A moment later and security have got their hands on the perpetrator, who reveals themselves to be a man. “You’re not gonna lock us all away Luthor! You need us! This city would’ve been a crater if Superman and Daybreak hadn’t shown up!” He yells to the candidate, struggling in their grip, “GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!” He roars, his hair whipping back to slash at the faces, arms and chests of the security guards wrestling with him (which thankfully turned out to be androids), the force and severity of the sudden damage causing them to stumble back and let him go.

Unsurprisingly, Vance is far too late at this point to stop the attack, and the android tending to Luthor regards him as a threat as well, throwing a nasty-looking punch in his direction.

An SCU van has already parked in the vicinity, and the troops inside have mobilised around the perimeter, cutting off exits as fast as possible. If Iosif wants to stand any chance of escape, he has to act now.

“Who the hell is this!” Demands the voice on the other side.

2 Likes

“Well, it’s a pleasure for me.” Gideon replied. “Haven’t spoken to anyone with powers since I acquired them. Almost had to walk from Gotham over to here.”

With a forced gulp, Iosif looked back into the alley. He didn’t have enough electricity to begin glowing, and without that definite amount he had no idea how long his electrical charge would supercharge his speed. Any other access points would take too long to smash open and toy with.

Closing his eyes, a small burst of electricity released from him. Then, Iosif bolted out of the alley, tearing down the sidewalk at double his normal running speed, leaving behind extremely faint burn marks in the concrete, headed, of course, in the opposite direction of the cafe.

I hate cops.

2 Likes

The Warden would leap backwards into the Labyrinth to avoid the punch. “Try to be a Good Samaritan to someone I don’t even like and this happens…” he said to himself.

1 Like

“An interested potential costumer.” Hayden replied “I heard a rumor that you got some ‘items’, that sound intriguing.”

Adelaide held out her hands as if pretending to measure something. How far is Gotham again… Oh wait thats a fair distance if I recall.

“Oh huh. You didn’t take a train or anything? What about a car?”

1 Like

“Took the bus whenever I could, but the transport routes are all weird.” He scratched at his scalp. “Would’ve flown, but I couldn’t prove my identity to get anything out of my bank account. So I borrowed some money from family and moved a little closer to home - my parents live a couple hours from Metropolis.”

2 Likes

“Oh huh. Kind of assumed you didn’t fly since you were metal…” Adelaide shrugged. “I just made money by selling paper to get my place. I don’t really use most of the utilities though.”

1 Like

“Oh, no you don’t!” Thelryn yelled as he started his pursuit of the attaker. If only I had my trident, he thought. With it, I could definitely make short work of this guy…

The fleeing Iosif is quickly spotted, but aside from some wishful shots at his legs to try and halt his escape, they don’t engage. Others will be coming, others that are much more equipped with the intel they’ve been given. Iosif would likely hear many more sirens closing in around him as he runs.

As he disappears, the android promptly ignores the Warden, instead returning its attention to Luthor and providing in-built First Aid, already calling an ambulance and a dispatch of the SCU to the area.

The man whips around to Thelryn, his hair lashing out towards him as well, “Oh yeah? Just try and stop me!”

There’s an immediate bristle to the man’s voice, “I have no idea what you’re talking about. Your “rumors” were wrong - DON’T CALL THIS NUMBER AGAIN!” He shouts, immediately hanging up. The dealer sighs in frustration. He hadn’t gotten any information about a new customer, and bearly half an hour earlier he’d been caught in the act - clearly they were onto him. He was already dumping his burner phone and making plans to lay low until the heat died down. He just hoped that this little snag wouldn’t get people sent after him.

1 Like

Answer would make his way into his apartment, getting out of his costume and into some regular clothes after a shower to mitigate the barely lingering stench of gunpowder. Afterwards he turns on the TV and sits on the couch. Answer leans fully back and sighs, “Fine…it’s time I ask a question. Where in this city is that drug dealer?”

OOC: I really need to pay attention to people here

IC:

It was then Gideon noticed the empty package of paper which she had been snacking on before. “Is that what that is from?”

Do they usually shoot at anyone who runs?

Breathless, Iosif stopped by a lamppost for a brief moment. It sure was hot in that coat. Maybe… Maybe there was a building he could run to and hide in. Cars… He couldn’t outrun police cars.

Maybe if I was at full charge there’d be a chance, but no. Best thing I can do is run. He glanced around to-

…To hear the sound of more sirens. Oh no, no, nonono. Was there a grate? A manhole? Something he could duck into, to wait out the city’s desperate search? A building he could ascend and hide on the roof? Some place where he could stop panicking, maybe?

1 Like

“Well that didn’t work.” Thought Hayden before he pondered if that had been the best move. He wondered if he should have tried to get some help. “Like that would’ve happened.” Hayden replied to his thoughts as he exited the phone booth and seemed to walk down the street. Hayden had gotten pretty good at flying along while making it appear that he was walking, at least to most casual observers. Most people didn’t realize look to closely at other people’s feet.
As Hayden mulled over the situation and if he should have tried to get some help, he heard sirens and saw a boy in a large puffy coat by a lamppost looking around frantically. Figuring he could go see what the sirens were about in a minute, Hayden went up to the boy and after pausing awkwardly asked; “Hey, would you, or um… rather do you want… that is need some help?”

OOC: I’m trying to make Hayden be a lot more awkward trying to talk to people normally, then when he’s talking “non-personally” questioning bad guys for example ( even though he was doing that kinda weirdly too :stuck_out_tongue: )

(phone took an L recently. its fine.)

Adelaide laughed nervously. “Kinda? Its how I get the paper I sell. This is just breakfast.” God… A whole packet of paper eaten. He’s gonna think I’m a fatty.

1 Like

“Oh, so you… Eat paper.”

Gideon wasn’t sure whether to crinkle his brow in confusion or begin giggling. Somewhere in the middle.

1 Like

Adelaide shrugged. “I don’t really even need to eat it through my mouth, it’s just habit. I could just force it in and it’d probably be fine. It weirds people out if I don’t take it in with my mouth ya know?”

2 Likes

“Challenge accepted,” Thelryn said with a smile. He lunged forward, and tackled the man with all of his Atlantean strength.

OOC: I’m not sure if that counts as autohitting, since it’s against an NPC (I think…). I’m guessing it’s fine, but feel free to correct me.

“I imagine.” He replied, trying not to visualize her stuffing a stack of paper into her mouth. “It doesn’t taste weird?”

1 Like