DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (Signup and Discussion Topic)

Yeah, sure, whatever. Just please stop pinging me and let me go back to silently screaming into the void over here in peace :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@TheMightyObsidianDude No
Come back and GM your game before I do something stupid

1 Like

Give it until the weekend

Then we can talk :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m like McDonald’s, cause I’m loving it.

bup bada bup bup ba

But do come back obsidian

Edit: Should I have Geosh arrive at the hotel?And @TheMightyObsidianDude are you going to start GMing for Geosh, or is Ghid still doing that?

As far as I’m concerned, the ball is in his court. If I were to pick up from here I’d only be guessing at his intentions

Alright, let’s get on the same page. Simple answer: I wasn’t.

What I said was near, not into. Now, my fault, I said near and didn’t give any indication of what that was.
I apologize for any confusion, but I want to make it clear that this was not conveniently moving stuff based on who it’s affecting.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.

3 Likes

Same, honestly.

the first step to receiving help

EDIT: The big question, I’m sure: is it actually kryptonite?
Well I’m leaving that up to Obsidian. It’d be pretty great if Daybreak isn’t weakened by kryptonite, or if it’s actually a dud, but it’s no coincidence that Switchblade got his hands on it. For Geosh, the greater risk is that he got involved.

1 Like

Bring me pictures of Spider-Man Superman Daybreak!

I’m back bros I think. Apologies for the dry spell.

3 Likes

Heh, I’m hardly one to complain. :stuck_out_tongue:

this was definitely intentional to keep you on your toes

1 Like

Name: Selene Newton

Alias: Votary

Species: Human

Alignment: Villain

Bio: Selene Newton was originally a nobody, an archaeology major whose only accomplishment was managing to get a position helping with research at an ill-known archaeology museum in Metropolis. She did little, contributed little, and generally faded into the background whenever not being directly addressed. And that was perfectly fine with her.

Until one day a package with no return address was sent to the museum. Inside, the professors found a simple mask, something deceptively old yet pristine and preserved. They ran tests and tried to date it, arguing over what to actually do with this odd find.
As they debated, one of them charged Selene with storing the mask in a safe box in the back, to keep it safe while they deliberated.
As she carried the mask, she began to hear a faint voice coming from it.

But Selene ignored it, and put the mask away.
For several months after, the voice grew louder. She acted less and less like herself, becoming more animated and abrasive toward the other museum staff and workers. The professors decided at length the mask wasn’t worth displaying and began to debate getting rid of it, or at least sending it to another, more qualified institution to examine it.

The voice grew louder. Two days before the mask was due to be sent out she could bear it no more and broke into the back room where it was kept.

The nature of what happened next is unclear, only that a large part of the museum was devoured by a (as reported by witnesses) “dark explosion” which claimed the lives of three staff members and several thousand dollars worth of material and exhibits. Selene was later found wandering around with the mask donned, and was separated from it after a significant conflict with armed police.

She was later placed in Stryker’s Island awaiting trial, the mask stored by authorities for safekeeping.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: As a human, Newton possesses very few noteworthy characteristics, aside from being fit and physically healthy.

When in close proximity to the mask, or wearing it, she gains several umbrakinetic powers, mainly comprising;

• Shadow Object Creation: Votary can create a single construct not exceeding the size of a normal car that she is in close proximity to.
  • Shadow Energy Blasts: Votary can generate force blasts of umbral energy. These blasts do not ignite any explosive objects in the proximity. They can take the form of thrown energy trails, or larger 360 degree “explosions” (although this second version drains a significant amount of energy from the mask).
  • Umbral Physiology: Votary’s body is transfigured into a semi-real shadow variant of itself, capable of moving faster than normal enhanciles. Its durability is not raised, allowing others to in fact disrupt or dismember Votary. This is countered (in addition to the speed boost) by a regenerative capacity, one that is boosted by being in/near sources of similar darkness.
4 Likes

Approved

1 Like

please obsid, keep her around small motor vehicles
better yet, make her carry a hot wheels

Alright, I’ve finally decided to join this and accept Hawkhood is dead :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t expect this one to be accepted, but y’know, might as well try.

Name: Flynn Meyers
Alias(es): Silver Tongue
Species: Human
Alignment: He’s very self-centered. Everything he does, he only does if he thinks he can get something out of it. As such he tends towards more villainous alignment, but really, he’s just looking to get something out of everyone.
Bio: Flynn Meyers grew up a fairly privileged young man. Born to a decently rich family, he was very used to getting what he wanted, especially due to his…special talent. However, his family had not gained their riches through virtuous means. They had been high ups in an underground mafia within the city they resided in, a midsized city in Massachusetts named New Hawkhood. During his teenage years, they introduced him to the family business, which he soon decided, as most spoiled children do, that “he wanted it.” Using his seemingly magical silver tongue, he quickly ‘convinced’ his parents to give him an audience with the head of the group, who quickly named Flynn his successor. within about 15 years, the former leader taught Flynn all he’d need to know in this profession, then died under mysterious circumstances, leaving Flynn in charge. In this time, he also connived his way into a degree in mental health, letting him set up a false medical center dedicated to it, where he recruits new ‘willing’ recruits to his cause: getting whatever he wants, namely: power. However, after being found out by a local masked hero, he fled, barely making it out of the city, and went to set up somewhere new and set up again. That’s when he came to Metropolis, where he now is attempting to once again open a practice as a recruitment front, as well as possibly “convince” a few more powerful individuals into following him as well.
Powers/Abilities/Equipment: He has quite the way with words. Given enough time, he can use them to charm and coerce pretty much anyone into doing pretty much whatever he wants. The only catch here is that he has to first get their attention for it to work. If they don’t have any interest in what he’s saying, his words are just words. However, his eyes enhance the effects of his words, and if anyone looks into them, they’re susceptible to listening, even if they weren’t interested before. What he won’t tell you is his eyes also make him more susceptible to coercion from others, but he makes sure that doesn’t happen. Less impressive or super, he’s also trained in hand-to-hand, in case he does get into a scuffle, and fair warning: he plays dirty.
Appearance:

Now for one I feel more confident in. and is also more expected by those who know me

Name: Project: Runa
Alias(es): None.
Species: Human+
Alignment: Hero*
Bio: Project: Runa doesn’t like revealing much of his past, it being a sore spot for him. From what’s been gathered, though, he, then going by a very different name, grew up in central Pennsylvania with a very poor family life. His siblings were almost always awful to him, except those who had left. His mother would never stand up for him, and his father was borderline abusive. Not only this, but instead of fostering his love of technology and experimenting, his family was appalled and repulsed by it, threatening to throw him out on to the streets for what he’d been doing. However, he ran this risk, and was caught and, as his family had promised, thrown out of their house, and of their lives.
His life would continue on a somewhat sore path, though it did get better. He got odd jobs and lodging from sympathetic people he’d meet, and spend most of his money on buying things for his projects. Eventually he’d even start selling those, working on one project in particular: Project: Runa. His plan was to augment his body into that of something more than human, so as to take on the evil of the world. Once many of his different sympathizers learned of this, they cast him out as well. causing him to have to live on the streets and in abandoned buildings for a time. Eventually, he’d somehow complete his project, powering it with a material he found in a meteor crash, a material he dubbed ‘Veriperium’, and would disown whatever name he had been originally given, the last connection he had to his past other than his very appearance.
Runa would continue creating and selling other projects, usually not showing up in person and, if he did, being very careful not to show off his augmentations. Eventually he’d even start a small business, gain monetary help from friends, and buy himself a small(ish), semi-secluded house in northern Pennsylvania where he could work on his real passion and job: ‘taking care of’ those who deserved it most. Eventually, he handed the business fully to the friend to focus more on fighting villains, specifically investigating a disappearance in a city known as New Hawkhood, tracing it back to Silver Tongue. Upon finding him, he unfortunately let the man get away. However, he has since tracked him to Metropolis, and while hunting him down, is likely going to get wrapped up in whatever other trouble the city has to offer.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment:

Project: Runa

His main body, which includes basic weapons such as a mask connected to his personal database(data gathered from Project: Keeneyen and info off the internet/public databases) and a GUI to show them to the user, the ability to shoot lasers out of his fingertips with the ability to shoot wider lasers from his palms, retractable wings built into his back for flight(These wings don’t work like wings on a bird, but are more like shells for a bunch of bladeless fans, powerful enough to create lift for him), and thrusters build into his feet for increased quick mobility both on the ground and in the air(Note: for actual use in play, on the ground these only have 8 short “Boosts” that can be used in between needing to prime it, priming taking one post. They can shoot him up to about 1 yard away each.)

Project: Excellerator

His ship/mobile lab. It is a small, incredibly mobile ship with little to no actual offensive capability. To make up for this, it’s quite fast and easy to move. It has a small lab/workshop in the back on a gyroscope so everything doesn’t go flying everywhere during evasive maneuvers. Can hold 1-3 people comfortably, up to four in a pinch. Name comes from “Accelerate” and “Excel” as in ‘to be exceptionally good.’

Project: Keeneyen

A device that attaches to his upper forearm and is fashioned after a mechanical-style wolf head. It has the ability to scan objects and organisms to determine structure, potential weakpoints, and other useful information of this sorts. Name comes from “Canine,” “Keen” as in be highly developed, and “Eye”

Project: Gardna

A device that attaches to the upper forearm with the ability to create a forcefield shield. Name comes from a corruption of “Guard.”

Project: X-Caliber

A device that attaches to his upper forearm that has the ability to extend out a horizontal blade. Not much to it other than to enhance hand-to-hand capabilities. Name comes from ancient sword “Excalibur,” X(Usually a way of showing high rank) and caliber, and in level of excellence.

R-Mechanical Overdrive

Removes the limiting device placed on his power core(Made of Veriperium). Does damage to robotic systems after 25 posts that take place in the scenario he’s in, and damage to his person bits after 50, but multiplies his laser power, speed, strength, and other physical attributes by ~2.5x

R-Mechanical Core Discharge

Channels massive amounts of energy to his power core and shoots a gigantic laser blast out of it. Makes him unable to shoot lasers or use his wings/boosters until he manually repairs them.

Note: both “R-Mechanical” moves are used as a last resort.
Appearance:
ProjectRuna|nullxnull
I think this gets the idea across. He doesn’t have all these devices yet, and probably won’t have them all, but any additional ones not listed here that he does come up with will be first shown to the GM for approval and then retroactively added to this signup.
Also, note: His arm isn’t detachable. Yet. he still has both
I look forwards to your evaluation

Edit: Included his bio which I forgot first go around :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ayy, good to see you Cat :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve given it some thought, and I’m gonna let you have them both. This RP is sorely lacking in major player-player interaction anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:pensive: oh god the pensive emote on here is abominable

1 Like

…huh, surprising, but awesome! I’ll figure out where to drop in and start that right directly.

Edit: found the perfect spot for Silver Tongue to show up :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

oh boy I can’t wait for project runa to find switchblade in the sewers and fake fight him for an empty suitcase again

5 Likes