DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (Signup and Discussion Topic)

So am I waiting for @Ghid or @TheMightyObsidianDude to give Geosh a prompt? Or do I just wander into an event going on?

I mean

you don’t need to wait for the gm to do anything in order for your character to exist
just, y’know, exist

but that’s hard… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m watching this topic, you don’t need to ping me every single time :stuck_out_tongue:

But, uh, idk man. Southside is kind of a hellhole right now and nobody’s doing anything about it, maybe involve him there?

Sorry bout the ping.

Alright then

1 Like

ok how the heck does Obsid consistently find superpowers that I can use for PTSD

1 Like

Lots of practise :stuck_out_tongue:

and reading too much Worm

3 Likes

yeah, that’s the real answer :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Name: Roswell Ellison
Alias(es): Teeth
Species: Male
Alignment: Neutral
Bio: Roswell wasn’t a child prodigy or an experimental super soldier, a kid involved with magical abilities or a dealer with the devil. No, Roswell is a retired auto mechanic with fifteen cars in his front yard, a good amount of money saved up, and who shot his health through involvement with the military, work strain, and a nicotine addiction. Never marrying and living to see most of his family die, Roswell moved to Metropolis fifteen years ago and lived in retirement, spending most of his time chewing tobacco, expending plenty of elbow grease, and unknowingly developing an insanely bizarre mutation. Forced to recover from his nicotine addiction through therapy, Roswell accidentally discovered his powers when he was caught in a drive-by shooting, and the bullets deflected off his body, killing a bystander and one of the attackers. He was arrested on suspicion of murder and sits in Stryker’s Island, fueling his bad attitude and worrying over whether or not he dodged the mouth cancer bullet.
Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Roswell is physically unimposing, which to a degree does work to his advantage since he actually possessed a decent amount of strength hidden in his ancient frame. But his real power is his superpower: teeth generation. More specifically, Roswell can create dense bone-like structures on any part of his skin with ease and rapidity, which not only serve as a bulletproof armour but can be shed when not required. Due to their tooth-like shape and slight red pigment near the base, they very much resemble teeth when disconnected from his body.
Roswell isn’t evil but he also isn’t a saint. He’s snappy, irritable, and prefers to ignore problems rather than solve them. In spite of this, he has a very refined mechanical knowledge, and can figure out most any piece of equipment he can get his hands on.
Roswell is 71, lanky, frail, balding significantly, and the snow white hair he has left he wears long. He has a straight white santa-esqe beard which extends to the base of his ribcage, and every hair is combed to align perfectly. Thanks to his time in prison, he has thought up several ways to cover his beard if in a situation where it might be injured, and attempts to force him to shave have ended badly.

Wait no Ghid you already have three characters GHID STOP NO DON’T

3 Likes

Oh, three is hardly enough. :stuck_out_tongue: continues to plan additional characters behind the scenes

1 Like

no

that’s too much power you can’t

1 Like

not with that attitude :stuck_out_tongue: continues to plan when/if to add in some of my other characters

1 Like

It must be Christmas, cos I’ve got a gift: a character I might actually use

Name: Dennis Capps

Alias: Eagle Eye

Species: Genetically Engineered Human

Alignment: Villain

Bio: Born and bred in the small town of McCalla, Idaho, Dennis joined the US Air Force at a young age and after a couple of years was subsequently approached by the CIA with an offer to join a top secret government program. Naturally, he agreed, and underwent a series of treatments that enhanced each of his senses to several times that of any normal human. He was then trained to operate a custom made wingsuit and began his service. This was back in the days of the Cold War, so his work mostly involved espionage - which as he was essentially a human spyplane was fairly easy for him - along with assassinating targets perceived as a threat by the CIA. It was here that he first got the nickname ‘Eagle Eye.’ Once the Cold War came to a close, however, his services were no longer required. They were concerned that keeping him employed could become a liability as the US and Russia attempted to mend ties in the 90s, so they let him go. He returned home, becoming disillusioned with the morality of government after years of serving under it, Capps retired himself from the airforce. Being overskilled in a line of work that you can’t really find on a flyer in a grocery store, he moved to Hub City to take up work as a mercenary for hire. Eagle Eye began to work nationwide, living transiently in hotels in various different big cities. The mercenary soon became infamous, both in the criminal underworld and the government. After relentless efforts, in 2017 he would be captured and jailed on Stryker’s Island.

Powers/Equipment: As mentioned, Eagle Eye has each of his senses enhanced to a greater degree. This allows him to be hyper alert, making him very useful both as a spy and in the field. With his enhanced vision, his eyes do the work of a scope. Instead of a sniper rifle, he tends to use a Steyr AUG as his weapon of choice. He has a wingsuit which is designed as a small set of wings under his arms, allowing him to glide.

Appearance: Tall, well-built but slim, clean-shaven with a fairly aged face and messy gray hair. Due to the hypersensitivity of his eyesight, he usually wears sunglasses or some kind of goggles. His costume is designed like a combat flight suit, with a black-and-white colour scheme and an eye emblem.

(Costume without wingsuit)
bandicam 2020-12-23 23-21-04-132

4 Likes

that was the most impressive bio leading up to the most disappointing appearance I’ve ever seen

I really appreciate the usage of “flyer in a grocery store” as an example

1 Like

Considering you guys both put your characters in Stryker’s, I’m guessing you want to join in on the Squad’s shenanigans? :stuck_out_tongue:

Because in that case, I wholeheartedly approve

2 Likes

I mean if we get booted from the squad we still get to escape prison so

win win

1 Like

Truedat

Name: Catalina (Callie) Garcia-Ramirez
Alias: Nightingale
Species: Human. (mostly)
Alignment: Technically has obligations outside the normal hero/villain dynamic, but overall heroic.

Bio: Catalina Garcia-Ramirez, more commonly known as Callie, had a normal upbringing… right up until she interrupted a witch’s ritual involving several unruly spirits. In her attempts to stop the witch from doing bad, she actually prevented her from sealing the spirits, allowing them to run free. In the aftermath, she became infused with magic. After several days of severe sickness, are managed to make the magic a part of her, giving her the ability to levitate and allowing her to manipulate her own shadow as an extension of her being. In an effort to apologize for interrupting the witch’s ritual, she agreed to hunt down the spirits that she had allowed to go free, acting as a ghost hunter with the witch to guide her. She’s eager to fix her mistakes… and any other problems she finds along the way, really.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: The magic that infused Callie’s body mostly settled within her shadow. Now she can control it as an extension of her being, changing its shape and moving it at will. Its properties depend on the levels of light and shadow around her. In high-light environments it is reduced, but more precise, trading size for a more defined and solid form. In low-light environments it’s the opposite, having a lot of mass to work with but having a softer form more akin to water or wind. Levels of light similar to a nighttime city street are best for her; enough shadow to give her something to work with, but enough light to give it form. In daylight the shadow is about the size of her body, and at night it can get from five to ten times larger. Her shadow must always have some connection to her; any part of it that is severed from the whole seems to dissipate, and she has to concentrate on regaining mass for her shadow.

In addition to this, she also has the ability to levitate. She can’t get more than a few feet off the ground without really concentrating, and can’t move faster than a run in most cases. However, by using her shadow as wings she can combine her two abilities to fly about, giving her much greater mobility and speed for the trade-off of having very limited versatility with her wings. As you might expect, this works best at night, with daylight or complete shadow either making her shadow too small or too fluid to really work as such.

Additionally, she carries an array of equipment made to help her deal with spirits and other magical entities. She has a compass-like amulet that helps her to find them (only at close ranges, unfortunately), dreamcatchers for containing the unruly spirits, and a powdered elixir that acts as a barrier to them when spread on the ground.

Appearance: Tall and lanky, with tanned skin and black hair. She has a round, cheerful face with brown eyes, and keeps her hair cut above the shoulders, mostly swept to one side. Out of costume she wears fairly generic, casual clothing: hoodies, jeans, the like.

Her costume primarily consists of a flowing, black cloak that hangs over her shoulders and down below her knees, with tall black boots going up to the bottom of her cloak. The cloak doesn’t include a hood, with her face instead being covered by a round grey mask, with a silver pattern like a crescent moon painted on it. When using her power, excess shadow tends to flow from her hair, seeming to extend it into flowing, ethereal locks that drift in the non-existent wind.

1 Like

The signups start coming and they don’t stop coming… :stuck_out_tongue:

Approved

3 Likes

Is the blackest night/brightest day event canon to the dc universe still? Or at least this version of it?