DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (Signup and Discussion Topic)

That’s one of the ones I’ve been grappling with a little for a bit, but I’m erring on the side of no right now.

Dang, welp there goes my backstory idea; gotta figure out a different one.

gideon

1 Like

They’re already inside the building, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

And four different people now are convening on the same group of thugs, poor guys. :stuck_out_tongue:

eghhhh… four Banes I think you mean.

Gideon got really lucky tbh; without being impervious to all harm it’s gonna be rough

EDIT: ttv I have had it up to here with your editing my quotes out you little

2 Likes

it’s never happened to me; maybe the site has favorites :upside_down:

And I don’t think it’ll be too bad; Project: Runa is mostly metal, Geosh has a metal suit, and Nightingale and Celcius are easily able to fight at a distance, so they can avoid or tank the worst of the attacks.

1 Like

Is there a canon way a human could have seen multiple members of different lantern corps? Specifically some black lanterns, but also some others.

After Geoff Johns run on GL, I didn’t really keep up with any of the comics

Not to my knowledge. And honestly, if Blackest Night hasn’t happened I wouldn’t see any reason for anyone to have seen any Black Lanterns :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s kind what I thought. sigh I was gonna make someone who had been inspired by seeing black lanterns, back to the drawing board…

Since I have the opportunity to

Ghid’s Comprehensive RP Character Creation Sheet™️

What’s the core of the character - which aspects are the crutch for the personality, the response to a given situation, the worldview, etc. Your character should be treated like a person in a fiction novel; you’re writing them, after all.

What powers/capabilities compliment that - in the case of Iosif, a kid who continuously runs from the metaphorical problems and threats being personified by experimental bioweaponry and law enforcement would have powers tailored towards running being the most convenient or facing the threat while throwing away any chance of escape.

History, backstory, and appearance - Once the core of the character is developed you can work on backstory elements, how they comb their hair, if they even have hair, etc. Appearance should definitely never come first if you’re investing in the character. Unless your name is Gideon Gold

Name - This process is only for developing on-site RP characters in this format, not DnD or film or television or anything else. You’re collaborating on the writing of a massive disjointed novel, told from the perspective of a hundred different people. It’s a wonderful writing exercise and it’s turned me from the cheapest, laziest writer on the planet to the cheapest, laziest writer on the planet who knows a couple really long words now.

And there you have it, if you do it different than this you’re wrong and you should apologize to John Roleplay, inventor of on-site roleplaying

4 Likes

Btw, is Hayden in the briefing thing at strykers?

Nope. Though I would imagine he can still escape when the prison break happens.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, but I didn’t want obsidian to be waiting for me to say something.

1 Like

you see iosif

when a player who likes the direction of naivety and a gm who is getting very tired of his cr*ap love each other very much

Name: Eric
Alias(es): N/A
Species: Human
Alignment: hero-ish
Bio: Eric was raised in a rather crime ridden neighborhood, and while he lived a relatively decent childhood the everpresent fear of crime left quite a mark on him. As a result he got involved with the E. Nygma National Detective Agency, intending on helping areas like the ones he grew up in. In the agency he did relatively well in the tests and training, and with hard work and perseverance he was eventually accepted. He started on the job eagerly, ready to help people and ensure justice was served. However he soon became disenfranchised with his work, finding that the agency stood more to solve the big headliner cases rather than the smaller cases and crimes he witnessed growing up. This disconnect between what he did and what he wished to do eventually led to his resignation. He left his job behind and started his own private work, aimed more at the community at which he resides than helping some grander governmental goal.
Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Eric has no powers to speak of, rather using his wit and his skill with guns and other such equipment. His normal armament consists of a simple glock, although through pulling some strings with some friends he can get more deadly and specialized equipment.
Appearance:

2 Likes

woah has it seriously been 8 months? time flies.

2 Likes

I haven’t even been on the boards for 8 months.

1 Like

gotta start from somewhere buddy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure, why not :stuck_out_tongue:

Approved

1 Like