Diceros Bolide

Hey builders! Here’s another one of these automatons that I love making so much. This one is Diceros Bolide, an angry bot that just has to smash some things.

Imgur
Imgur

Bolide uses four seismic resonators to cause small earthquakes for staggering opponents, and its morning star fists can slam targets at their resonant frequencies, rending even the toughest armor.

Imgur
Imgur

Bolide’s frame isn’t the most agile, so it uses a jump jet to… well… jump…

Imgur

As far as the build goes, the torso is a slightly taller variation of Phantasm’s. The upper legs and arms aren’t anything special, basically being the same I used on the other automatons. So the main unique feature here is the resonators on his extremities.

It may not look like it, but this guy was originally going to be a ninja, then a sniper, then a sniper ninja. Yeah, that got lost along the way, though the sniper concept is one I was able to flesh out in another build.

So that’s Bolide! Like the others, his name comes from an animal genus (a rhino). More pictures are over on the Flickr album. Have a good one!

39 Likes

I like the use of wheel pieces in the ‘resonators’ and legs, they remind me of shock absorbers, makes sense with the idea of jumping around with that jet and smashing stuff.

1 Like

I love the lower arms, very creative.

Ooh I really like the design, the purple and orange/red is an interesting combination but I like how it turned out.