Discussion: What should we call BIONICLE fans?

Generation One fans can be called Turaga!

3 Likes

Heheh, yeah. Ummā€¦Iā€™ve got nothing for fans as a whole. And the Nuvians can maybe be called Nuvites?

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve been thinking, a good name for bionicle fans needs to be:

1. Be Short
  2. Include a word from the official name and add ā€œistā€ or whatever to the end of it
  3. Have a variation for new fans
    So ah, letā€™s break down the Bionicle name- Biological chronicle. Canā€™t really add -ist to bio at the end, Bio-fanā€™s too vague, and calling ourselves chroniclers doessnt make since.
    Then I thought Bronies. Its so simple and easy to infer theyā€™re pony fans whoā€™re male. Brohunga?
    A name like Brohunga might not be an ideal choice to identify new-age fans, however it is catchy and may encourage new fans to learn the origins of the name.
    http://i.imgur.com/r6J53BL.png
8 Likes

BROHUNGA. I love the sound of that. It seems like it would fit BIONICLE fans so much.

6 Likes

Nice, original, if a bit obscure. New-age version: Brotectors!

2 Likes

Both could really work. Brohunga and Brotectors. But those, again, seem to fit old and new.

What about BroToa for all fans?

3 Likes

We need something to encompass all of the BIONICLE fandom.

EDIT: @Chronicler Bro Toa may be a bit too much. The name needs to roll off the tongue :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

How about something that has to do with Masks of Power/Kanohi?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tried to make something up, to no avail.

Brotoran would also work.

2 Likes

There are so many possibilities with the old and new, not enough with all together.

What defines a Bionucle fan? Someone who comes for the sets and stays for the story? A largely friendly and trustworthy community? A single word canā€™t define the entire story, except biological-chronicle. Bionicle. Bio-Fan. Itā€™s something both generations of fans can identify as, thus I propose Brohunga be used for the oldest fans andā€¦ Whatever else for new-age guys.

1 Like

I feel Brohunga may spread to the new fans, who like the term. Perhaps say it to some people at school who also like BIONICLE, and we can start something.

1 Like

The Masks of Power define BIONICLE, IMO. If someone could make up a mask-related name without using ā€œKanohiā€, thatā€™d be great.

The Mask-Pack would be a great group name, but I donā€™t know what else.

4 Likes

They only mask I know that appears in both generations is the Mask of Creation.

All this Bro_____ makes me want to contribute my own.

THE BROHROK

19 Likes

Perfection. Just perfection :joy::joy:

2 Likes

@Chronicler would it be alright if I made another topic for Brohunga?

As for a mask-related name that doesnā€™t include Kanohi- Voodoo heads anyone? I canā€™t think of anything better.

Nah. I feel it would be unnecessary.