Dreamspace - RP Topic

“I need to get out of here, I need to get out of here, I need to get out of here.” Alexis mumbled as she pulled a screw from her pocket and began scraping the mold off the walls. “There’s concrete underneath this goop here, but I can’t interface with concrete. How am I supposed to get out of here?* She thought as she flung the mold covered screw into a far-flung corner of the room, plunged her hands back into her pockets and began pacing back and forth, all the while still mumbling the same phrase, “I need to get out. It’s getting closer.”

4 Likes

“Same, kid, same. Haven’t been for a long time. Anything I can do to help?”

Jung turned his attention away slightly from the small being in the blanket. He thought to himself: “Surely I must still be in a dream, right? People don’t wake up to find themselves trapped in a building with health hazards surrounded by strange abberations and a fish right?

“Right??”

Perhaps this wasn’t some dream. What if MENDAX had…

Jung’s internal monologue was interrupted by the panicking woman. He observed her pacing for a moment, then asked her, “Um what’s getting closer? The dawn? Passing out due to this rank we’re subjected to? Eventual death via fungi?”

3 Likes

Miles ignored the other strange people in the room, believing them to be nothing more than part of whatever drug trip he was on. He was more focused on finding a way out of the room.
“If this really is still a dream…”
Concentrating on his right hand, Miles tries and, to his relief, succeeds in phasing through his other hand.
“I don’t know if I’ll want to see any of you again, because in all likelihood I won’t.”
Miles then presses his hands against one of the damp walls and tries to phase his entire torso through to the other side of it.

2 Likes

The mold is extremely salty and, sickeningly, slightly sweet. Unlike your past breakfast, you have to pull - hard - to break down the sucking bite of the food.

Though the man ignores you, you swear … you swear something quivers in his leg when you touch it.

For ellswaffle only

Something pricks your leg. Multiple somethings, really. At least two dozen of them.

Oddly, instead of a dulled thunk of moldy screw hitting moldy wall, there’s a higher pitched, louder pung.

It takes a surprising amount of willpower and physical to push yourself through the wall. Through the wall, into-

Into utter blackness. Oddly, it seems your senses a dulled when you aren’t tangible, but the scent is far too overpowering - dirt and worms. You’re underground.

5 Likes

Jung turned just in time to see the man in the suit clip through the wall out of existence, as if he was absorbed by it. Was the wall alive somehow? Did the man have intangibility of some form?

“Did anyone else just see the businessman disappear through that wall or am I starting to see things more than ever?” Jung interjected, but before he could continue

Jung suddenly felt pins and needles on his leg, suddenly appearing in about two dozen spots. He turned to the woman with a floating eyeball for a head nudging him and said:

" Can I help-", Jung realized he could suddenly feel in his leg again, could it be…“Wait how are you doing that?? I have sensation in my leg again, are you able to heal??”

If it was healing, it was an awfully specific type, but then again, anything was a win in this situation. Perhaps the dream caused it to be that way. Though why only on one part of one leg? If a spinal injury was being healed then surely everywhere else was supposed to heal. He tried moving his arms, hands, and legs to see if anything moved.

Basil’s ears seemed to point even further upwards, his head immediately traveling to the noise in astonishment at just how well he was hearing it. He almost felt compelled to go investigate the source if, well… He wasn’t surrounded by a group of total strangers and did one of them just ghost through the wall?

Well, it would be something to do besides sitting in a ball and quivering… But sitting in a ball and quivering feels like the best option right now.

2 Likes

Wait, that’s weird… did his leg just move? Is he faking, or–

The funny thing about having a giant eye for a head: even with eyelids (eyelid?) you have more peripheral vision, yet your sight is still just as focused as if you had normal eyes. Maybe more focused, since you only have one eye; though the eye-headed girl couldn’t say for sure, having never seen through “normal eyes”.

All that to say, even though she was looking down at the man on the floor whom she was attempting to annoy, she did actually see the suited man phase through the wall. It didn’t register since she wasn’t paying attention to that direction. But as soon as ground man pointed it out, she realized that she had seen something like that out of the corner of her eyes – er, eye. And now suit man was gone.

Had she had normal eyes, they probably would’ve blinked in surprise, but this eye didn’t seem to blink as easily. Ground man said something, but she didn’t register it – she assumed it was probably something to the effect of “could you please stop kicking me?”

“Ooh! Trick wall?” she said, excited. Stepping over floor man’s legs, she approached the wall approximately where suit man had entered, reaching toward it – wait, did she really want to touch this moldy wall? Then again, if she could pass through it, it would be worth it, right? She pressed her hand against it…

5 Likes

Miles pulled himself back out of the wall and turned back to face the rest of the room.
“Trying what I just did won’t get you anywhere. Also, I’m a lawyer. Businessmen are what got me into this mess in the first place.”
He crossed his arms and looked more closely at the rest of the trapped misfits, having forgotten about his nightmares for the moment.
“Sorry about what I said earlier, I wasn’t expecting us to be deep undergound. If anyone has any good ideas on how to get out of here, now would be the time.”

2 Likes

Jung regarded the lawyer curiously, wondering how his story shaped up to the bizarre adventures of everyone else. If he was referring to businessmen, then what business could he be referring to? MENDAX could be a good generalized guess, but perhaps there were other underground practices that could have affected this fellow. Jung surmised it was better not to assume, especially since he didn’t feel he could get the man to open up. Jung briefly glanced at his leg again in case it had moved somehow, which it hadn’t, before responding to the man.

“All good. I can’t walk right now, otherwise I’d be looking for a door or hatch. You said we’re underground, right?”

Jung “froze”, glancing to the fish, then at the lawyer, then looking to the eyeball woman, attempting to gesture them to see this newfound biological event. He sat there, dumbfounded, all whilst trying and failing to pinch himself out of this strange hallucination.

“I’m sorry, but you can speak?? And what do you mean by breakfast?”

1 Like

Basil looked in perplexed awe at the Lawyer - he knew he was a Lawyer because he said he was a Lawyer - and how he had returned after completely disappearing. For a moment he didn’t know how to respond to being underground, as it made no sense that they were all inside a room under the ground with no way in.

Or out…

Basil grit his teeth to keep that bad thought from finding ground. Most of the people seemed to be oblivious to the noise the screw made against the wall, and perhaps that would be a clue as to how-

A good amount of Basil’s fear at the current situation melted away into absolute confusion as he squinted at the goldfish swimming through the air and speaking with an incredibly normal-sounding voice. This fish wasn’t going to help anyone.

Alright, time to talk. Time to say something. You’re the only one who payed attention, Basil, you HAVE to say something.

“Th-That wall.” Basil’s arm extended from under the blanket, pointing directly at the wall the screw had collided with, while he tried desperately to not make eye contact with anyone else in the room. Okay, maybe the fish. He was a little cute.

4 Likes

Eve lets one of her claw-nails scrape against the concrete, stopping when she hears the loud noise. She turns her head slowly to look there, a flat, lifeless frown moving across her face as she does.

A few of the other…people in here had started gathering at one point of the room. Eve takes another step closer to the wall, frown deepening as she peruses the other people now standing in front of it. There’s a person with a giant eye, a strange looking one covered in a blanket, another resembling a normal person and-

-and a fish. That’s talking. It also appears to be levitating.
Somehow the fish unsettles Eve more than the eyeball, and she takes a deep breath to make sure the air hasn’t suddenly turned into water.
Her left index finger twitches.

“Hollow,” she says, as much a snarl as a declaration. Eve’s feet click loudly over the concrete floor as she stops about a foot from the assembled figures and draws herself to her full height.
Her hair’s noticeably damp from the mold and clinging rather unattractively to the back of her head, although she doesn’t seem to notice. Her eyes are a vibrant and quite inhuman looking blue.

“Move,” she grates out in a tone similar to concrete scraping together.

3 Likes

Oh, so it’s not a dead body, well that’s a relief.

“I noticed.” the technopath responded as she searched for the screw she had lost sight of. Maybe using it to scrape mold off the wall wasn’t such a good idea.

Alexis paused her pacing momentarily, “That might buy me some time.” she mumbled as she retrieved the mold coated screw and returned it to her pocket. Each second I waste here, it’s getting closer.

“Gladly.” Alexis shoved her hands into her pockets once more as she moved behind Eve, “So what’s exactly the plan here? Are you going to attempt to punch it really hard?”
she asked now resuming her pacing, each step landing with quiet squelches accompanied by the muffled jangling echoing out from her pockets as she riffled through them.

4 Likes

Basil stared at Eve as she crossed the room and made for the peculiar wall. He hadn’t found the courage to move himself from his sitting position before, and now that the woman with very blue eyes was giving commands, he felt even less motivation.

But now that his duty had been done, it was time to consider far more important topics that outvalued whether or not a particular portion of the wall in front of him was susamoguspicious. Why was he and a handful of other individuals trapped deep underground in a concrete box? Was this still a dream, or was it reality? Were any of them real or were they the conjurings of a weary and woefully unaware conscious drifting across the plains of dreams? Was all of this still the byproduct of that pill?

Was there any way to wake up?

4 Likes

Miles seemed very confused at the apparent floating fish demanding his breakfast.
“Wait, do you think that you’re in a fish tank?”
He said as he uncrossed his arms and stepped closer to the center of the room.

3 Likes

“I…don’t know. I don’t even know who you are, much less how you can speak.”

Jung regarded the fish curiously. What could have happened to him? Was somebody’s consciousness swapped with the fish and conditioned to think they were always a fish? Surely not, that is too far fetched of a theory.

But then again…

Jung was interrupted by a tall, metallic woman who stood in the center of the room. She seemed to be asking him to move away from the wall he was currently on.

If only he could.

“Listen, I’d like to but I’m currently paralyzed from the neck down. I’m not sure what really to do to be completely honest.”

Jung turned his head to his leg, wondering what was going on. Was he being healed by the woman with an eyeball or was something else causing the odd sensations?

3 Likes

Your nerves are shot. Your leg does not move, and neither does your arm or your fingers or your foot or you-

Something moves on your leg. A horrifying, prickling, ever so slightly painful sensation.

Like there’s something alive in your pant.

In the dim light, you see it. Something long - two thirds the length of your entire leg - that quivers and slithers and moves and crawls, up the side of your leg, it’s on your hip, wrapping around to your back.

This section of wall is even more heavily coated in mold than any of the others, making it look just like any of the other walls. But after a moment, you start to recognize it for what it is - a larger lump of mold? A handle. The lip of fungi? A jamb.

A door.

7 Likes

Basil felt an uncontrollable shiver work up his spine. He couldn’t tell where it was coming from, but something was making a horrible clicking sound, like fingernails tapping together in rapid succession. It was an incredibly subtle sound, but it gave him chills all the same, and… Now that he had paid attention to it, he suspected it was coming from Jung…

But that didn’t make sense. he was completely immobile. How was he producing any kind of noise? Did he have a bug in his mouth or something?

2 Likes

Eve’s eyes widen a fraction. Her teeth bare although her voice remains at roughly the same volume. “How did you even get in the wall? You’re more detailed than the other dream-people I saw earlier.”

She reaches out, metal talons stretching half the length of her fingers inching painfully close to Jung’s face. “Much more detailed,” Eve murmurs. “You don’t look like anyone I would dream up. Which…”

No, there can’t be others here. Could there? This is supposed to be my dream, my world, my…
One of her talons twitches and her face turns dark. She steps over the prone man, thoughts already drifting from him as she focuses on the “wall” in front of her, the odd sound coming from his leg immediately forgotten.
There’s just enough detail for her to make out the handle in the faint electric light. Experimentally she reaches with one hand, face scrunching up as she tries to angle her talons down as she tries to grab the handle and turn it. If the door opens normally, that’d at least be less exertion than kicking it down. And would let her out faster.

And if not, there’s always the other option.

3 Likes

“Uh, no. They did not make me aware of that.” Jung replied hesitantly. Perhaps the fish new of someone who could help. “Who are they exactly?” Jung asked. It was odd, but maybe the creature could provide help. Before he could listen for a response…

“I wish I could tell you, last thing I saw was, well-” Jung paused. Was it really worth it telling these strangers about what he had just gone through? They surely wouldn’t care, so he decided not to burden them with his sob story and dropped the response.

Not that the metallic woman doing that helped things out.

"Oh goodness that sharp." Jung squealed shakily, “What do you mean by ‘more detailed’?”

Jung was starting to get overwhelmed by all this. He was stuck on the ground, unable to move or seek medical attention. A talking bat child, a seemingly hostile metallic cyborg, an aloof intangible attorney, and a woman with profound vision capabilities surrounded him, seemingly uncaring to his plight. The only other denizen of the small room was a seemingly normal person like himself, but based on the way things were going, she probably was just as bizarre as them.

To add to that, the horrid odor coming from his proximity to the molded walls was beginning to make Jung nauseas. To vomit was one thing, but to vomit in public? Mortifying. The cold, wet fingers of fear began to crawl in Jung’s throat, moving both directions as they settled, forming a nest of raw fear in his stomach and nasal cavity. He wanted to run, to flee this nightmare of a nasty, ever-shrinking space into freedom, back into reality. He tried to command his legs to stop their slumber and go and take him to safety.

But nothing happened. Then he saw it…

The fear in his body flash froze as Jung locked eyes with the newfound entity. Something terrifying was crawling up onto his back. His breath accelerated dramatically. Normally, most people would flee and hit the vile intruder. But both Jung’s physical and mental state prevented Jung from doing that.

This was too much. The strange creature’s arrival culminated in Jung losing the final shred of control he had over his emotions and caused him to shout, something he only ever did when in mortal danger:

“SOMEONE HELP ME!!! THERE’S SOMETHING ON MY BACK!!!”

3 Likes

The delicate examination performed by Eve was almost perfectly seem by Basil - in fact, it was when the lightbulb flashed that it was most difficult for him to see. He didn’t spend any time pondering why that was, however, since more pressing matters were at hand, like-

Like that.

The sentence began with the surprise and volume enough to make Basil jump in response. But as it continued, growing more pressing and causing adrenaline to pump through Basil’s arteries, something happened. Something, because Basil really wasn’t sure what occurred or why his fingers were hurting or why he was now on the ceiling.

For the rest of the group, there was a violent blur at Basil’s corner of the room, and the next moment the bundle of cloth was on the ceiling, the hidden fingers and toes of its inhabitant piercing through both the blanket and the mold to grip into the worn lines of the concrete. The glowing yellow eyes were still visible, if a little obscured.

2 Likes