Favorite Boss in a Video Game

Gotta go with master hand, such a unique and iconic boss. And master hand is both dauntingly overpowered and not really hard. Plus, I love master hand from a story perspective, especially in subspace emissary and WoL.

Plus, controlling master hand in WoL is so fun

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a bit of a list I compiled;

The Stain Glass Demon from Medievil - My first ever boss fight, looks great on the remake

The Vezon fights from Bionicle Heroes - Beat first try without any masks lost, plus was the first game I ever 100% completed!

Necromancer from Castle Crashers - Listen to the theme for this boss. It is great.

Lil Slugger from Super Meat Boy - Same as Necromancer. Listen to the song.

Callie and Dj Octavio from Splatoon 2 - Quite a good boss fight for a Nintendo game despite it being another hand boss.

Dracula vs Richter from Castlevania Symphony of the Night - "WHAT IS A MAN!? I MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS!" (I can recite the entire opening dialogue btw lol)

1 Like

All of the bosses in Mega Man 2, 3, and X have a special place in my heart. Also the bosses in the fan game Physcho Waluigi were all really good.

Some other bosses that I liked were:

Vah ruta from LoZ: Breath of the wild (it was the first main boss I did in that game, and it was really exhilarating.)

Taboo from Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Ridley and Kraid from Nintendo land: good times with my bros

1 Like

The final boss of my favorite game chrono trigger. Easily my favorite final boss.

The moment I walked inside lavoses innards, and I gazed upon what I presumed to be his true form, to only see Cell from Dragoon Ball Z. What an amazing moment for me.

1 Like

Nightmare King Grimm from Hollow Knight is a lot of fun and pretty challenging. Itā€™s got a fairly fast pace which is a plus for me.

Also from Hollow Knight is the Broken Vessel/Lost Kin fights. I donā€™t really have an explanation, aside from me generally liking the smaller bosses from that game.

The Galeem/Dharkon fight in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I think itā€™s one of the more interesting fights in WoL.

Last one for now is the Master bosses in Smash 4. They make the grind for 9.9 a lot better.

2 Likes

oh yeah, I remember playing 9.9 with my brother a lot. He would be a golden Captain Falcon and I was a golden Little Mac. We called ourselves the dream team, but Iā€™m not sure if we ever made it to master fortressā€¦

1 Like

Hands down two Scarabs fight on The Covenant in Halo 3

Great music, Action is lit, I love it. Everytime I return to Halo 3, even for a while, this part aged like fine wine or a good cheese

1 Like

Probably Psycho Mantis in the original Metal Gear and the aliens in Fallout New Vegas. To kill the aliens I used 14 sticks of dynamite, a frag grenade, over 100 9mm rounds, a dozen varmit rifle rounds, and finally a lead pipe for melee.

1 Like

Back at it again

So since making this post Iā€™ve played a ton more video games and here are some of my favorite boss fights from those.

Metroid prime from you guessed it Metroid Prime, Queen Metroid from Am2r, Mother brain from zero mission, nightmare and serris Metroid fusion, Raven beak and experiment Z-57 Metroid dread, and vah ruta botw

Warninā€™! Spoilers for deltarune! Proceed at yerā€™ own risk!

The most delicis boss fight is Spamton NEO, i enjoyed that much more than Jevil.

But a really fun boss fight as well was dr. Zomboss in Plants Vs. Zombies, twasā€™ very creative.

2 Likes

Spamton NEO was much more enjoyable with a full party than not. Personally, I donā€™t consider him one of my favorite bosses though.

I donā€™t actually know what Iā€™d choose as my favorite video game boss. I know of some darn good boss music, but I canā€™t pick a favorite.

1 Like