Found In Webs: RPG (CLOSED)

"Ko Metru? That’s great! Perhaps there are some books in the knowledge towers that could tell us how to restore Metru Nui back to it’s former glory! Maybe my master and pet are still alive and well!

“Wait… Where’s everyone going!? We need to stick together!”

Voyo stops, hearing Pakiki 'You’re right, if someone runs off, too bad for them. I’m going to be staying with the largest group possible. And, Ko-Metru sounds nice, maybe I can find some more kanoka"

@Atobe_Brick

The ta-matoran hesitates for a bit, but ultimately sides with the Vahki

Well we can’t just leave her to die either. She might be in trouble. I say we all go to the building as a group and investigate. Then, once we find her, we can travel to Ko-Metru."

“There will be plenty of kanoka at the hive, and we shall collect those who ventured off begore making our way there. However, this unit must be informed how many citizens are still contained in sphere’s here. Please, time is of utmost importance.”

1 Like

OOC: I thought I replied to this one. Whoops! Sorry for the delay!

IC: The entrances and exits were all intentional, though one of the walls going further away from Metru Nui was weaker than the others. It could potentially be busted down to form another entrance. Though there were many openings as it was used to having hundreds of Matoran coming and going though it.

3 Likes

Halmos couldn’t see the lightning, or the spinner, or even the red sun from where he was standing inside the lighthouse. But he heard every noise.

He stood, frozen for a moment - this new Halmos was weak, he was unsure, trembling, afraid. And in his time of uncertainty, a little of the vile old Halmos returned, who was not afraid to act in a time of emergency.

“Let them.”

His voice was a pinch deeper and much less human. The quivering, nervous continual movements were swept away by the cold, analytical mind. He wasn’t truly sure why he hadn’t been so calm before; something had made it possible, definitely. But this was undoubtedly him. More me than I ever was.

“And you listen to me.” He turned towards the Vahki. “You will travel with us. You will guard us, you will fend off the monsters of the wild for us, if necessary you will die for us. But We go where we want. And you will not attempt to force us anywhere.”

“Gather the weapons.” He walked towards the door and, if uninterrupted, in the direction Vergil bolted, his hands folded stoically behind his back. “We are leaving.”

2 Likes

“Please” the Vahki asked, as it stepped away from the doorway to let him pass, it was begging now, “Please, heed my warnings, if you do not go to the hive, at least for a short period to arm yourselves, you will die.”

Halmos put a kindly hand on the machine’s shoulder.

“I will stab you in the eye, rip your internal mechanisms out through your socket, and repurpose your head into a kanoka launcher,” He said calmly. “If you lift a finger against us or our wishes. We will only go there if WE choose to; you will have no part in that decision.”

So saying, he slowly marched towards the feeding center.

3 Likes

Lync’s dissatisfaction turns to dismay as the island puts on its supernatural display, demonstrating that things would turn south much faster than she had hoped.

On the one hand, this building had everything she, and perhaps the others, would need. The recharging stations could keep them on their feet for quite a while, and the supply of Kanoka could help them deal with Rahi or any other problems that would inevitably crop up.

So of course the building was impossible to defend. With a bit of work maybe some of the entrances could be blocked off, but now that the hour had turned to ‘spooky’ there was hardly the time to do anything of the sort, at least not effectively.

“Two options, then.” She pulls a disc from her back, flipping it idly in her hands. Option A was running. She liked Option A. It meant staying one step ahead of the other creepy crawlies out there, and it meant she always had somewhere else to go when they got too close. Option B was hiding. She hated Option B… and she hated even more that sinking feeling that Option B was the smart choice.

Here she had resources, and potentially allies if they ever stopped arguing and wandered this way. Out there she had… well, who knew what. Maybe she would get lucky, but she wasn’t keen on throwing her fate to luck so quickly.

With a grimace she turned away from the door, scrambling up and away from the many doorways. She would hide, she would watch, and she would plan. Besides, she could always choose Option A and head for greener pastures later. Right?

5 Likes

“Then this unit will go its way, and you will go yours. This unit knows a lost cause. Do not say this unit didn’t attempt to help you.” It steps back to let the matoran past watch the group move past.

“I do too.”

Not bothering to look back, Halmos exited the lighthouse property and made a beeline for the feeding center.

Now THAT was a bit of a kneejerk reaction. Why exactly did I say that?

“I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m going with the Vahki.”

The Vahki said nothing more, and immediately begins walking in the direction of ko-metru, it head held a bit low. After it put a 30 or so yards between them, it shifted to four legs.

Pakiki sighs in frustration.

“Splitting up is the last thing we need. If we’re going to survive this apocalypse, we’ve got to stick together. We’ve lost three valuable members of the team, and while we can’t trust some of them, they’ve proven themselves to capable warriors.”

Pakiki nervously paces around the room, wondering what to do next.

With his mind scrambled after Halmos and the Vahki’s exchange, the Ta-Matoran freezes, trying to think straight.

“That guy’s right, we should stick together. If only there was something… just something… to keep us all together! Then again, we can’t really trust that thing… right? But if we lose that, we lose a valuable line of defense. But if we follow the robot, we’d abandon everyone else at the feeding center, and who knows what’ll happen to them. Maybe they’ll be fine, or… or maybe they’ll be ripped to shreds!” He starts smacking his head repeatedly, each strike faster than the last.

“AAAHHHH!!! WHY DIDN’T I STAY ASLEEP UNTIL THIS WHOLE MESS WAS OVER!!!” He rushes out of the lighthouse and chases after the Vahki.

1 Like

“I will come with you” says derk he glances and kibal “will you come?” he asks kibal nodes in reply, derk runs up to the group with kibal close behind slightly limping, derk catch’s up with the Vahki “er isn’t ko Metru a little ever far? We will have to go through the main areas of the island, unless we go along the shoreline, which will take ever to long to get there”

2 Likes

Vergil doesn’t notice any creatures, but in a more panicked state, the dull light and shadows can make anyone do double takes. Though as she goes, some of the webs within eyeshot start vibrating from movement. Shaking that became more obvious to Halmos as he caught up to her. But the two are able to make it to the center without encountering monsters yet.

@Kirathel @Ghid

Unlike those going to the feeding center however, the path the Vahki was taking was more treacherous. The streets were pitted and upheaved uneven and the webs hardly present around the lighthouse were starting to grow thick. Their shoots where spun up seemingly everywhere and would soon significantly slow their travel if they wished to not get caught.

Many of the webs start lightly moving, though ones a couple streets ahead of them where much more active.

@ProfSrlojohn @1000Purse30 @Eilrach

The Vahki noticed the movement in the webs, a warning triggered by years of experience in avoiding the Visorak. It turns, moving towards the strands with the least vibration.

Vergil balks several times, at one point scurrying away from a web that’s still three yards away to resume running at the center from a slightly different angle. But still, she does press on.

At one point she finally notices Halmos following. She doesn’t say anything, only jerk her head to indicate the center in front of them.
The Ga-Matoran continues on, making it into the center and immediately heading for the central building. She stops only to turn back to Halmos and wave him toward the building, before ducking inside herself.

Once she heads inside Vergil takes stock of the building, speaking toward the ceiling in a pinched whisper. “Lync? Le-Matoran? Are you somewhere around here?”

@Ghid
@rainsong

1 Like