Gali GWP MOC Contest Entry: Toa Iruini & Toa Norik

Hello :slight_smile:

Here’s my take on one of my favorite G1 sets in the new system style!

That’s right! The Hagah contest isn’t over!

He’s entirely purist (save the mask decals), and makes use of LEGO’s drum-lacquered gold. While I haven’t built him physically, I’d like to eventually!

Edit:

Norik’s here too!

Thanks for checking them out. Cheers!

53 Likes

Ah now this is a pretty good brick-built Toa! I really like how accurate and recognizable he looks and the build flows together quite well. Very nicely done Iruini moc!

5 Likes

Super clever build there, smart build for the mask and metru torso

5 Likes

What do you think about using a bigger round plate for the disc ?
The small 2x2 feels a bit small for me

3 Likes

I really like that you designed a print for the mask. I also love that you used this gold on him.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to have the rounded edge of the tusks facing outwards? It just feels a bit off to me.

2 Likes

That’s due to the limitations of dark green. The only other option is a removing a print from a 3x3 dish, and it looked weird. Ideally it would be a 3x3 round tile. Though I feel part of the charm of the GWP style is making sacrifices based on the part limitations.

I could try it, but I doubt it would look better. The anti-studs would be much more visible on the face.

7 Likes

As a new member of this community, What service do ya’ll use to create these digital moc’s?

4 Likes

Bricklink Stud.io. It’s a decent program, but if you’re looking to make Bionicle MOCs you’ll have to download some extra stuff. Most constraction elements are missing from base studio.

Biopack, KingSidorak’s parts pack, and OhluCG’s offical parts all have official parts. Then Galva, Rothanak and a few others have some amazing mostly custom stuff.

3 Likes

That’s cool.

3 Likes

Yeah, screw it. Here’s GWP Norik too.

11 Likes

Ooh this moc looks good as well! Really nice job on color blocking and shaping, cool build.

4 Likes

ooo i love him!

4 Likes

the masks and characters are instantly recognizable, great work

5 Likes

I think I like Norik more than the green guy, the mask and chest plate turned out better.

5 Likes

Any chance instructions & face prints will be released? I’ve been building my own GWP style toa hagah myself, even started on Bomonga and Gaaki, and I want to be as close as this version… but I’ve got no idea how the torso build works.

2 Likes

Hey, great design, can you share the file with the masks of both toa? I’m building a Norik myself and unfortunately I don’t have anywhere to get stickers for the masks :confused:

3 Likes