Helryx | BIONICLE Canon Contest #1 : The First

Oh i didn’t know we were showing our beefcake brutakas

That’s probably my favourite entry at this point. The proportions, the shaping are great! Oh, that colour scheme is indescribable! :smile:

I have just one nitpick with the figure. Is that one clip that connects her arm to the body nearly strong enough to hold the weight of her weapons?

2 Likes

Mh this might be the best one so far. Excellent job with that metallic blue

1 Like

Dang, that mace design is just mesmerizing. Awesome job.

1 Like

Wow. So polished and sleek! TBH tho it could easily be Tuyet seeing how menacing it is plus the shape similar to a Metru build.

3 Likes

Thank you all very much!

More like gigachad Brutakas, Imma right?

In all honesty, it can be a problem when you’re posing it outside to take your pics, with all the gales and bugs attacks :stuck_out_tongue:
But if you just want to display it in your room and you take your time to balance it properly, the MOC can hold its weapons in various positions. You have to make sure those pieces are fully connected together to ensure maximum friction tho’.

You know what: I had the same thought when the MOC started to come together. But considering Helryx’s quick temper and seriousness, a sense of menace to her design suits her well imo.
In addition, I think the point of Tuyet as a character is precisely being evil while donning the mantle of Toa heroes, and looking like a good gal.
Helryx isn’t really any of that (and quite the opposite actually, as an anti-Tuyet): she doesn’t follow the Toa Code, she rules a secret organization which has done a lot of grim things, and always does whatever is necessary for the greater good.

3 Likes

Very clever shaping!

2 Likes

My favourite MOC in this contest, i hope it wins. I dont like mace design tho. Its too massive.

Nobody seems to have mentioned it, but I love the subtle nod to Spherus Magna with the way you’ve coloured the accents on the shield. (a symbolism that Helryx herself probably wasn’t aware of, even - speaks to the fact that she may well have met the Great Beings herself!)

3 Likes

Since everybody is making fan-art of their favorite submissions, I drew your version. Really wonderful job!

16 Likes

I’m waiting until the art contest to make my fan-art. :wink:

Although I would happily see the winner be this MoC - it’s really good.

If I have time, I’m going to making fan-art of all my favorite submissions in addition to the contest. They all deserve some love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Looks a bit stiff but overall really great.

Have some fanart. I hope you beat out Noodle Helryx :slight_smile:

14 Likes

As I said on the other topic, if possible, I think this should be re-entered later as Tuyet. It’s literally almost exactly how I imagined her looking, right down to the mask.

3 Likes

I think your torso is one of the best canister sized torsos ever made. Somehow you were able to build an organic way to connect the upper legs. Most mocers I have seen when building it — it looks too stiff or square. Yours makes a triangle. The upper torso is really good. The color is excellent. What I don’t like is the assymetrical armor on the shoulders, but it is a minor quaim. We can agree on the shield though. I never connected the dots that Mata-Nui shield was one of the nebulas surrounding the three virtues. While the weapon, it looks protodermis-ish. Great job and better luck next time. Amazing work dare I say.

2 Likes

I am impressed that the mask actually looks as if it predates the toa mata’s great kanohi. I’m really digging the shoulders, but am blown away by the shield! Really nice. That shield is absolutely beautiful and extremely Bionicle imo:)

1 Like

Love the shield! I also love the use of metallic blue - that is not something you see often in MOCs. Great work!

2 Likes

impressive amount of work put into this!

1 Like

Thank you all for your comments and compliments!

@Everox @HIMEROSY Many thanks to both of you! I really like both of your take on my Helryx. It’s really strange yet satisfying to see my MOC inspires others to create something more, and also to rediscover it through someone else’s creativity.

I can totally see that: both weapons are quite big compared to the MOC. My point behing this was to depart from human standards for weaponery. I wanted a “spiked mace” really Bionicle-ish (in terms of design as well as proportions), not another human morning star.

As I replied here, I really don’t think I will.

When I built the shield, I thought Helryx might A)know the true meaning behind the UDD symbol and incorporated it in her shield B)have received this shield as a gift from the Great Beings themselves.
Besides, I find it very funny that Helryx would carry, on Destiny War’s battlefields, a shield which essentially be a hint to future events in the story. A hint even her enemies could not get at the time, while she bashed them in the face with her mace and shield.

Well, I guess you can still make it now :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m certainly interested by what you could come up with.

4 Likes