Honor Guard: Toa Hagah Contest Entry

Hello, this here is my entry for the Honor Guard Canon Contest. I wanted them to give them that feeling that they came from the actual Toa Hagah sets that only had Toa Iruni and Toa Norik in 2005. I posted my studio renders I made on twitter, I did receive some feedback on it as well getting help for understanding this site because I found myself confused over it when I first signed on. This entry contains Studio 2.0 renders of Kualus, Gaaki, Bomonga and Pouks. I have a feeling that I won’t do well in the contest but hey I’m only doing it just for the fun of it. I really hope you guys like my version of the Toa Hagah.

Links to front, side, back and profile images are here:
Kualus:

Gaaki:

Bomonga:

Pouks:

Links to the Studio 2.0 files are here: Dropbox - toa hagah studio files.zip - Simplify your life

My favorite out of them all, is gotta be Pouks’s design I especially love the mask model I used for it, it resonates with the eye colors in my opinion.

For the art portion: I am okay with the spear tips and the masks being changed while the metallic color should be kept.

links to custom 3D parts:
The Wanderer’s Staff by Galva

Kanohi Arthron by KhingK

Great Mask of Adaptation (BionicleChicken33’s Variant) by KhingK

Great Mask of Psychmetry by KhingK

Mask of Approximate Knowledge by Galva

19 Likes

i like these entries very unique mask choices. is gaaki mata blue because i think rules wise you might have to change it if so even if it looks good. also a heads up eljay is gonna want you to post the studio files for your entries lol. that and rules will want you to state in your entry if you are ok with art portion modifying any or all or none of these 3 things: metalic armor color, mask, spear tip. good luck in the contest!

Kualus looks a little monochrome, but besides that, they’re really nice. Good luck!

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, why don’t you enter Bomonga as well (I see that you have him built)?

1. changed the topic to lego creations
  2. asked where bomanga was
  3. told you that you’re gonna need to look at some other entries because you’re missing quite a bit of stuff. eljay’ll probably tell you later.

anyway, they look good. i think you may at least get past the first round (hopefully).

3 Likes

he says its there in the text of topic, maybe he just forgot to add the image lol

1 Like

I want to add Bomonga in there but the site won’t let me since I’m a new guy. It tells me I can only add 3 images. I might have to make a render of all them together to make it work. For now, this is what you’ll be seeing

UPDATE: Got my trust level and I managed to add images of Bomonga :smiley:

3 Likes

maybe you can add the image in the replies or edit the origional post after you spend some time on the site to gain more permissions lol. i like the arthron bomonga from the twitter link lol. maybe go here to gain more goodwill with the site algorithm (Introduce Yourself!)

1 Like

I see :+1:

btw, in order to gain the ability to post more pictures, this is what you’ll have t do

1 Like
  1. Will do that, thanks for the tip
  2. wanted to put him in there but image and link limitations. Will figure out an alternative solution.
  3. I’ll take a look at other entries and draught down some notes.

Other than that, thanks really appreciate it

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 10.20.38 PM

what is this witchcraft?

Neat MOCs, the chrome gold looks quite good on Pouks.

Just a heads up, you need to include links for the third party masks to be downloaded. I believe since these are digital MOCs, you don’t need to include breakdown photos, just the stud.io file, which you’ve done. I may be missing something but Eljay should take care of it if I am.

3 Likes

Even though Bomonga’s chest armor can’t be replicated with real life Lego, it still fits him and works well in an artistic view. Nicely done, good luck.

Thank you for entering, and welcome to the Boards!

Before we can fully accept this entry, we will need you to add links to the free download sources for any custom/3D printed items you used. Please add them within the next three (3) days.

Thank you!

1 Like

Ah hello! You must be Elijay. Here are the 3rd party parts I used in my studio files, I checked to make sure that’s all of them. Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life will this work for you? I wasn’t sure what I should give to you so I sent you the dat, conn and col files that are used for the mocs. If you’re not sure where to put them I included a readme text file in there.

1 Like

you need a link to the piece on a website for 3d printed pieces like thingiverse (in this case)

Those above are the ones you used

Edit: and here the staff tip

2 Likes

Nice work, Good luck

2 Likes

you know, i just realized i don’t like that technique you used on bomanga’s torso

I don’t think that such a technique should be allowed, since to replicate irl, someone would have to break their pieces.

@Eljay?

1 Like

Oooooooh! I see now, thank you for helping me out.

1 Like

No problem

1 Like

I just tested it and yes you’re right, it’s not possible for someone to replicate it in real life. I think it’s because I turned off collision, a shame because I liked what I did. No worries, I can fix it unless if I can’t do that

3 Likes