HORRIOR (self moc)

For the past month and a half I have been working on a self-MOC, that could transform between a demon and a dragon, be horrifying, and still be of immense size and stature. Personally I feel like I royally succeeded! I feel very proud how well all the engineering worked out in the end.

Statistics

This MOC is… absolutely huge. In the Demon Form, it is 110 centimeters tall, even without counting the horns. In Dragon Form it is almost 180 centimeters long, from head to tail, and the size of a large dog. (Actually it managed to scare my neighbor’s husky, but no picture of that)

The MOC has over 10 000 pieces (maybe even 15 000) and weighs over 10 kilograms. It is so heavy, I was forced to buy lego technic corkscrew pistons to make it hold the form.
In the Demon Form, it can stand still effortlessly, but the Dragon Form, requires a stand underneath it.

Transformation
(is a painstaking process, that takes from 30 minutes to an hour)

HORRIOR is mostly a parts former. The body, head, and arms can be transformed without separating them from one another, but doing so does make transformation a lot easier.

The right arm/dragon head, requires no separate transformation (except for the small wings to be lifted up at the end)

The left arm/beginning of the tail, is a quick and easy transformation

The legs, are a different story. The process is simple, but they are NOT easy to transform.
First the front legs

Then the hind legs

Then you combine them back to back

This process is the most time consuming one, since it is really difficult to get all 4 connection points to align correctly.

Finally, the body. After the wings, legs, and arms have been removed, this is what you are left with.

By opening the yellow plates at the front and the underside of the body, one can twist the upper portion of the body around, and bend it forward, creating a smooth torso for the Demon Form.

Note: any resemblance to the Majora’s mask is fully unintentional.

After that, attach the limbs together and the wings to the back, and it is done.

Posability

The Dragon Forms legs can be moved to the sides and spread in and out, but this does not fix the problem that they cannot support its own weight. So it does not count, but the head is on a Self made ball joint, utilizing the G2 uniter body. This allows the Dragon Form to look from side to side, and rotate its head around vertically.

(the camera man just told him he had too many colors)

The Demon Form does not have much posability either. The legs cannot bend in any direction, but both elbows can bend and move the arms in both front and back.

(no picture for the dragon head arm available)

The head can also look up and down, and its mouth can open.

Also in both forms, the wings can be spread out and folded in.

Features

What the MOC lacks in posability, it makes up in feutures.

The chest of the Demon Form can open up, and reveal an insane arsenal.

HORRIOR has 12 technic launchers, 10 six-shot stud shooters, and 4 Midax Sky blasters. 11 if the launchers are in the chest, one in the dragon head. 7 of the stud shooters are in chest, two in the shoulders of the dragon, and one in the left arm. The Sky Blasters are in the wing tips.

Apologies for the distorted images.
This one was too well hidden, and remembered only after the disassembling. The mouth has a custom made technic launcher missile.

The Dragon Head also lights up when the launcher in its mouth is lowered down.

The left elbow of the MOC also contains a lego technic XL motor, that can connect to a battery pack in the lower back.

This can be used to power…

Accessories

If you thought HORRIOR had enough firepower, think again!

As a fan of Ratchet and Clank games, I couldn’t help but to give my MOC a RYNO style weapon.

(Pay no attention to the chain above the gun. That is just a Go-Go-Gadget Sky hook ;D)

The Mechanism inside the gun uses a 40/8 gear ratio, causing the gun to spin 5 times faster than the motor does. Combined with the solid plastic wheel in the middle and the spikes around it, it creates rapid clacking sound. Sounding just like a toy machine gun.

Other accessories include the tail, which can be used as a whip, but does not have a function with the motor. There is no picture of this, so here is one with umbrella and a back brush.

Appearance

Over all the MOC has been made to look intimidating and heavily armored. Its main color schemes are black, silver, blue, green and red, with small hints of yellow. The moc contains plenty of the glow in the dark pieces, and looks intimidating in the dark (especially the head). Shame that the smart phone could not take pictures of it.

According to my friends, I managed to capture my personal body shape well in my MOC (though unintentionally). Broad shoulders, large feet, protruding lower canines, thick legs, and large stomach.

The color scheme can be considered inconsistent, and the over all textures are not uniform. But honestly, I don’t care. It is almost impossible to have a MOC this size, and for it to be 100% consistent in color. I am not made out of money, and I do not have an infinite supply of certain pieces in certain color. So do not bother commenting about that.

Size comparison

And to quickly end this off, here are few size comparisons to the previos MOC I posted here, Corona the Golden Toa of Sunlight.

Be sure to leave a like and a comment, and let others know about my creation :smiley:¨

Lore

HORRIOR is an insurmountable creature of pure devastation and maginitude. A gargantuan monster, that lives in the void between galaxies. Much like most bionicles, HORRIOR is a half mechanical, half biological creature. It devours anything organic or inorganic matter, that comes in its way, and makes it part of its body. To give a sense of perspective on its full size, each of the lime green energy diamonds on HORRIOR’s body, is a hyper advanced version of a dyson sphere. These “diamonds” contain stars the size of 0.5 - 2 solar masses.

It travels and exists mostly in its demonic form, transforming into its dragon form only when needing to get somewhere fast, and when feeding. The pure plasma it spews from its mouth can cover a spiral arm of a galaxy, and can burn it all in atomic fire. But this it does very rarely, for it mostly just devours, not wanting to waste energy. Using one of its star sized missiles or torpedoes, is usually more than enough to defend itself.

It is impossible to tell how old HORRIOR is, for it has traveled between galaxies, long enough for all of the stars in its body to have died already, which have been replaced by new ones.

91 Likes

HOLY G A D u N K A

32 Likes

really impressed by the fact it can transform! Great job :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You sir, have too much time on your hands.

8 Likes

The size and transformation is great, but I’d rather you downsize this, and make something with consistency. The colors, textures, and shaping are all over the place, and I can’t really tell what’s going on.

12 Likes

Nothing to say other than you have a lot of time and pieces.

5 Likes

Very impressive! I believe it would look even more imposing in person!
That said, it does look a bit cluttered, but when you are dealing with such a large build, I guess even the large pieces begin to look like small add-ons!
Great job!

5 Likes

Did your bionicle collection just come to life or something?

15 Likes

110 cm? That’s like almost 3 feet!

4 Likes

It’s well over 3 feet, its a bit over 3.6 feet. Or 3’7’’

Nah, only about 60% of my Bionicle collection came to life. After that it went and ate my Lego Technic Bucket Wheel Excavator 42055

Edited for double-post. --John Smith

6 Likes

Ah, I hate it when that happens.

4 Likes

Never thought something so cluttered could still look so amazing. I’m thinking it’s because the cluttering is super consistent. I absolutely love the demon face.

Amazing that the cannon can hold up without drooping downward.

5 Likes

This is the biggest moc I have ever seen on these boards. This is amazing. I also love the transformation aspect.

2 Likes

The fact that you managed to assemble Lego pieces into something of that size… “impressive” isn’t a strong enough word. It’s cluttered, but I’m too awed by the size to really care.

4 Likes

I feel like anyone who can build a moc the size of a small child purely out of technic and bionicle pieces deserves an award of some kind.

10 Likes

My life is complete. I can now die happy, for I have seen greatness. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s like a giant wall of death is coming to kill me, I love it.

1 Like

:open_mouth: Holy Gadunka indeed…

1 Like

The closer shots make it look like a city, with all the studs being windows of skyscrapers or something.

3 Likes

So, basically Mata Nui?