HowTo: MOC Tutorials

I have it.

This part, right?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s it. I tried looking for it but for some reason it wasn’t in the technic section

1 Like

Here is a build i did way back when, it utilizes a lot of technic based techniques to envoke a boneheads inspired look

6 Likes

I still need to actually build that…
(not that cannon Helryx isnt good, its just that I sometimes headcannon that one)

3 Likes

you can search for it generally as “socket” in the parts directory or it will come up right away as “insert”, I understand your situation as sometimes studio even puts certain parts in a different category for example the asymmetrical wedge variants of the 1x2 curved slope are now under the wedge instead of curved slope category and I had trouble finding them for a while.

1 Like

Since I’m gonna post my current Lariska MOC, might as well post the promised head tutorial. Should the cotests get that far, I will also allow this design being used there with reference. Details about how exactly it may be used will probably have to be defined once the time comes, but since this is basically the same as using a 3D print, I’m assuming and declaring for the time being that you may use this head only exactly as it is built with no variations except for colours.

From my side I will probably allow slight variations in build, but that will have to be ascertained once the contest starts.

Parts: The hose is a 6L one.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3: (LDD unfortunately has some limits)

If you have any questions, feel free to @ me.

11 Likes
3 Likes

A metru pauldron design I thought was fun.

6 Likes

Here’s a frame that allows you to arrange two inika shoulder guards back to back using two 1x1 technic brick w/ axle hole.

9 Likes

ooh, i could use this

1 Like

Looks really cool, how fragile is this?

It’s moderately strong, you could reliably use this as a lower leg on an inika sized character and it won’t fall apart. I replaced the 1x2 plate with a 1x2 plate w/ ratchet fingers to give it some reinforcement.

Edit: Forget the brick design, there is a better technic design below that you’re going to want to use.

1 Like

I fixed the strength with some Technic reinforcement, but it makes it a touch wider in some parts:

2 Likes

I revised that design, it’s stronger now without needing the liftarms on the sides. Also I revised the design again with even better stability and articulation by just making it pure technic. This is the strongest and best design all around.

8 Likes

Wow nice design, would it be used for a leg?

1 Like

It can be used.

3 Likes

Been a while since I’ve been on this site or even doing much with constraction but stumbling on this thread is giving me a lot of inspiration.

7 Likes

Here’s one way to integrate the xalax rubber band holder into a limb.

The central wall going through the center of the holder is the same thickness as a bracket, therefore you can use either of the small 1x1 brackets in tandem with a stack of bricks and a row of plates to trap it. The holder will still flop left and right a bit because the center gap of the holder is wider than a brick but it won’t fall out.

14 Likes

Legal solutions for placing Knight’s Kingdom pauldrons on a metru build, used for Hagah contest winners.

11 Likes

For Kualus, you could also use this:
20210828_140418
I’ve tested it myself, and the shoulder piece goes fully onto the pin and doesn’t wobble.

8 Likes