HowTo: MOC Tutorials

looking to use BrickLink - Part 98578 : LEGO Hero Factory Weapon - Spiked Ball, Half [Hero Factory] - BrickLink Reference Catalog in a custom head, any tips?

@redstripepakari387 maybe use 2 of them on the sides?? and the brain/eye in the middle if you are going for a more monster like character?

So anyway
IN MGRR there is a character which has a sword sheath connected onto a small robot hand like this.(Which is pretty cool ngl)

should mixel joints be ok to holf a weapon in place?

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

3 Likes

I’d say so. Mixel joints are reallyfreakingstrong.

3 Likes

Mixel joints are powerful, so yeah, that’d work.

1 Like

Does anyone have a tentacle head build? I want to make a lovecraftian creature.

Dunno if it’s like what you mean, but I built a head with “tentacles” coming out of it a while ago. Sadly the pictures you’ll find here are the only ones I have and aren’t instructive on the build, but they might serve as inspiration.

I don’t know If this is small enough for your purposes. Depends on the size of the head, I suppose.

6 Likes

It’s absolutely perfect. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

I mean for a mouth.

Like, as feelers or mandibles or something?

Glad to hear!
You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I think they’re trying to go for this sort of look

@MakutaOisli, do correct me if I’m wrong

4 Likes

Also,does anyone have a big frame build i could use?

The title says it all, I’m trying to make a small Rahi with a function in stud.io.

any tips?

Well what kind of function are you trying to make? Also, how much of the moc is already already made?

1 Like

trying to make a biting function. also trying to use part molds from 01 to 03.
as for my start, I have 2 1x3 lift arms and an axle and pin connector with axle with a mata head on top for masks.

here.

Do not double post. -Eljay

well what exactly do you want the function to do?

It is a biting function

Maybe you could have the upper and lower section of the jaws connect to gears which is connected to another gear. Get what I’m saying?

not really. if I could have an image of the thing physically built, that would help.

true.
idk maybe you should look at other mocs that have gear functions and try to take inspiration from them?