HowTo: MOC Tutorials

It all depends on how big the upper peg you need is. If you need one the same size as the metru thighs just use one of those ccbs bones with two socket ends and fill the back with a rubber bamd and another piece or something like that. If you need a longer one then i don’t have ideas at the moment

Basically a double socket limb? If it must be custom, the most straightforward way is to have two sockets with top axle holes and a technic ball between them. It’ll be the equivalent to a 7L double socket like what 2006 onward uses. You could also play around with purely bar connections through those little bar holes in the ccbs shells.

5 Likes

Here’s a very commonly used design too:

It does stress the parts a bit

5 Likes

for a less stressing connection you can also slide the pinholes out of the middle piece a bit to make room for the ball connector. Still technically illegal but its stresses the pieces significantly less and has minimal effect on the length of the limb.

Does anyone know how to build a torso with both waist articulation and shoulder articulation? I’m looking for something that is the size of a toa inika body.

3 Likes

vahki waists and the really short hf bones are where it’s at

Something along these lines perhaps? This is the torso design I’ve used the most over the years, give or take some variation in the waist, shoulders and the length of the bones.

The exact mounting point for the neck isn’t set in stone either, but you do need to make sure you have something with a recessed axle hole beneath the bend (#5 bend btw). That green part wouldn’t fit if it was flipped the other way up.

14 Likes

The picture isn’t working for me

It’s working just fine for me. Hmm…

3 Likes

Alright, thanks! I’m going to try to build it now.

Also, is it okay if I use this design (or a modified version) for a canon contest entry? I’ll be sure to credit you.

1 Like

I don’t see why not :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Toa_Good_Guy asked me how exactly I connected the torso to the Bignicle frame on my Frost Beast MOC, so here is a short tutorial showcasing that:

7 Likes

Poor Jaller back there, waiting for his torso upgrade. Thank you for this!

4 Likes

what’s different about this nuparu mask, (besides it looking mad intimidating) you may ask?

i am literally a genius

works on hewkii too
thank me later

13 Likes

HOT DAWG

2 Likes

wait please tell me someone has a krakua lying around

3 Likes

I’d love to say yes really I would

1 Like

YES YOU FREAKING ARE

2 Likes

uh guys

this design has existed for many years

2 Likes

i just realized that all the tfols are in awe while the one afol knew that this was a pre-established design (i didn’t as i fall into the former category)
i’m still a genius though

6 Likes