HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Haha I just remembered lol sorry

1 Like

I’ve had some Balljoints broken clean off from the limb they were attached to. Mostly Vahki legs, but also others.

That’s not the balljoint breaking, though.

If you want to argue semantics, I made clear that I was talking about the point of attachment between the Ball and the rest of the piece. The point of attachment is very much a part of the joint since it dictates the freedom of movement for the joint.

The ball doesn’t have to break in half in order to call the joint broken, just as a knife that has the grip fall apart ist still a broken knife even if the blade is still sharp.

Look, I don’t know what you’re trying to say by making this distinction that isn’t factual nor useful to the conversation.

tl;dr
Yes it literally is what are you talking about

Yes, but you made that point to counter my point about the ball, not the attachment.

idk what to tell you if you’re going to get that defensive. I was referring to the actual ball. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of one of those standalone balljoints breaking, for example.

also what is with this board and the word “semantics”?

1 Like

I would like to introduce you to my teeth
and also to clarify I have never cracked a balljoint open with my shiny yellow molars I may be a monster but I’m not a monster

6 Likes

Please, I’ll do anything! Just- just don’t kill me!

1 Like

Any design ideas / tips for a larger head design? Ive been working on a MOC for a while now, but im stuck on the head design. What I have doesnt feel quite right for the build.

(currently designing in stud.io, and im still rendering the pictures of the main body, so I only have this one image, and none of my current head yet.)

Edit: just to stay ahead of the funny guys, that ball joint connection on top is his neck, not his head.

10 Likes

DANG YOU AQUILINE WHIPPERSNAPPER

I’d suggest looking around some MOCs with custom head on Flickr for inspiration. Not sure about a specific head design, from what I can tell custom heads are usually pretty specialized to their MOC.

4 Likes

Not exactly a tutorial but I’m working on the weapon for a mecha I’m building and wanted to get opinions

And the final shape I think

Though because the frame in just the titan mech mostly you can use the hilt design as a simple melee weapon base for hand held weapons.

3 Likes

Ninjago City Gardens uses this interesting upside down baby harness technique to emulate an exo-force robot head. Here’s a side-by-side comparison.

15 Likes

Can’t remember if I’ve asked this before, but does anyone have advice for custom heads for Hordika masks? specifically the Rau.

1 Like

Where does the gardens do that?

4 Likes

It was used for this minifigure if I’m not mistaken

Only custom head that I could find was this
(22:33)

8 Likes

Heads isn’t my thing, but a few of the different Kanohi might work.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! But you are a little late.

Thanks for the reply anyway and I would love some feedback!

1 Like

Does anyone have a custom upper leg design that can fit a CCBS size 5 shell and is compatible with G1 lower legs, such as the Rahkshi and the Vahki leg?

1 Like

I got the 2021 x-wing playset at best buy. This set contains four extremely versatile new cylinder bricks that are three ldu in diameter. This new cylinder seems to be replacing the 1999 x-wing cylinder brick.

LEGO made a similar element in Space Shuttle Discovery in 2003 that’s four ldu in diameter.

This element is compatible with several other three ldu diameter wheel and cylindrical elements. Here are a few combinations.

This cylinder is excellent and much like the 1x1 brick with axle hole and the 1x3 half length inverted arch brick, and the “Brick, Modified 2 x 2 x 1 1/3 with Curved Top” it makes we wonder why it took so long for the company to finally make these since they would have had so many applications in previous sets. Trafalgar Square, for instance, would have benefited from the 3x3x2 cylinder. But anyway, it’s nice to have these, but it may be decades before these new parts come in more colors.

6 Likes

there can never be enough cylinder pieces

I mean those sci-fi barrels and crates aren’t going to build themselves!

4 Likes

Anyone??