Ibk king of karzahni

Continuing the discussion from The BNK Moc Topic:

1 Like

You gotta check your posts for errors…

The build is fine and all, but the colour scheme is… Not good. The greens, orange, and red, and yellow, and grey, and black is simply too much. Try to narrow it down to a Base-Colour, an Accent-Colour, and a Detail-Colour.

2 Likes

Not to be rude or anything, but why are posting your MoCs out of your designated MOC Topic? What is the point of having two topics for the same MOC?

2 Likes

It spreads across the boards, taking the ability to words from all who post…

2 Likes

Sorry; I’ve been on the mobile site for a bit of the day. :expressionless:

1 Like

First off, because so many people don’t understand this, the story doesn’t justify the cons

• So give it a color scheme. Any color scheme.

• Give some thickness to areas besides the chest. What you’ve got here is basically a potato with noodles for arms and legs.

• get rid of those feet. Yes, I know they stabilize the MOC, but that is not the way to fix it at all

•the Mata Nui shield shoulders don’t work. They look awkward.

• the weapons look weird

• there’s nothing shark like about him, and your story says that he’s a mutated shark

I gotta give this a 3/10. Sorry man.

2 Likes

Finally! Somebody who agrees with me on the whole “The Story Fixes the Model” idea. Story shouldn’t make the MOC, your “MOCsmanship*” should.

* Man, that sounds dumb

3 Likes

Dont forget about the absorbsion of toa part

The first thing I said was that the story doesn’t justify the cons. I put that in there specifically because of the absorbing of Toa thing. That does not excuse the color scheme at all

1 Like

So what about the bohrok kal, bohrok, nihdhiki, and gadunka
I make my case

All sets with an active color scheme.
The Moc is…interesting. There are far too many colors, the weapons look clumsy and don’t flow with the character. Like what has been stated before, the story doesn’t justify the colors. If he can absorb enemies to enhance himself, why can’t he have a color scheme?

I don’t think you understand,
Cal is saying that the story for a MOC should not be a reason for it looking bad, and you are using story reasons for defence.

If you really wanted to make an all powerful being that absorbs Toa make a MOC with a red arm that spouts fire or a green arm with wind turbines on it, don’t use it as an excuse for a messy colour scheme, use it as inspiration for a way to make a messy colour sheme work.

4 Likes

Exactly!

5 Likes

The legs have got to go and it needs a constant color scheme.

So you are all saying mutations are supposed to look like normal regular beings

Does anyone here know what a mutation looks like my gosh

It’s fine that you want your MOC to seem Mutated, but it was not done well. Stamping “Story” over it doesn’t fix the model’s problems. :wink:

2 Likes

FYI A MUTATION IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK BAD OMG READ THE DICTIONARY FOR PEETS SAKE my gosh

It’s Wikipedia, not a dictionary, but still… Mutation - Wikipedia
Look, your moc is not completely irredeemable. Just switch out a few things and it could be a pretty sweet creation.

2 Likes

Similar to @xX_TChalla_Xx, Your MOC isn’t completely irredeemable.

Also, here is what a mutation is:

• the action or process of mutating.
  • the changing of the structure of a gene, resulting in a variant form that may be transmitted to subsequent generations, caused by the alteration of single base units in DNA, or the deletion, insertion, or rearrangement of larger sections of genes or chromosomes.

And, as said before, Your MOC should not look bad because of the Story. You have said that it is mutated in story, but if you look at the model by itself, it needs improvement.

2 Likes

I’m getting sick of your abrasive attitude towards people trying to give you legitimate advice.

‘it’s a feature’ isn’t an excuse for bad design.

3 Likes