If you could retcon one thing in Bionicle

Oh, his destiny. By which can I assume you mean getting taken over by Teridax?

Restoring Spherus Magna

Oh yeah, that destiny. Meh, it didnā€™t really bother me.

Retconning the Stars by making 2010 about the Element Lords, and then 2011 about Dinobots.

5 Likes

All I can think about now is Mata Nui and Acar fighting Grimlock.

7 Likes

I now have to see if someone made fan art of that

2 Likes

Hopefully itā€™s the cool G1 Grimlock and not the crappy new Micheal Bay design.

4 Likes

that thing in the movie was not Grimlock, the dinobots didnā€™t even have names (nothing against people who like the movies, I know a few people who do)

2 Likes

Well until then enjoy this

8 Likes

hey itā€™s my favorite grimlock! :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah even though I havenā€™t play Fall Of Cybertron yet this is still my favourite design of him.

Thereā€™s lots of parts of BIONICLE that I didnā€™t really enjoy/thought were the greatest idea. Problem is, retconing them would screw up a bunch of other stuff in G1.

That being said, I think that several of the '09/'10 side-stories could be dropped fairly easily.

3 Likes

Iā€™d retcon the Toa Nuva. Just have them be Mata all the time.
I donā€™t like their masks, except for the Miru. And I just hate the silver and the fact, that all of them have normal hands instead of the ā€œsword-armsā€ and ā€œgun-arms(?)ā€ like their Mata forms.
Gosh I hate the Nuva masks so much.

2 Likes

Well good, thought I was the only one that believed in the connection between those two generations.

2 Likes

Well it wasnā€™t exactly fleshed out, if they did it just happened with no story whatsoever.

[quote=ā€œlegomaster1378, post:54, topic:5431, full:trueā€]
Thereā€™s lots of parts of BIONICLE that I didnā€™t really enjoy/thought were the greatest idea. Problem is, retconing them would screw up a bunch of other stuff in G1. [/quote]

Thatā€™s where the real difficulty lies; in order to retcon things properly you need to have five other supporting retcons in order to preserve the overall narrative coherency.

4 Likes

Given how Greg never has an ending plan with his story writing and just goes with it, I dont think we will get any story conclusion for the post-2010 adventures. They just sorta stop.

5 Likes

What happens if I retcon Lhikan? I donā€™t want to, Iā€™m just wondering.

1 Like

Short answer: The MU explodes :stuck_out_tongue:

/s

8 Likes

All of reality is undone, without such a figure of fatherly awesomeness to hold it all together with his mere presence. If you thought destroying the Vahi was badā€¦

3 Likes