Kryuin (OA RP)

You don’t die easily, do you?

No, guess I don’t.

So, I have been wanting to make this moc for a while. And by “for a while” I mean almost 2 years now. The problem was just that I didn’t own the protector of ice. Now that Christmas has rolled around, I found myself with just that set, and quickly got to work. or those of you who don’t know, (which is most of you) Kryuin is from the long running Okotan Adventures RP here on the boards. So thanks to Runa, BlueJay, and all the other fine folks in that RP for making it such a blast to be a part of! Kryuin was my first character in that RP, my third ever character in any RP, and one of the few RP characters I have ever gotten to finish the story of. He’s basically just a mercenary with a heart of gold who set out to clear his family’s name and protect his younger sister. Overall, I’m extremely happy with how he turned out. There is little to nothing I would change about him if I could, and I can happily say he turned out almost exactly as I have pictured him for the past 2 years. He is by no means a purist design, seeing as I used a lot of fabric and twist ties, but I’m okay with that. He’s definitely not getting taken apart any time soon. Either way, on to the pics, and there is a lot of them, so sorry about that, and sorry about rambling for so long. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welp, I may have gone a little overboard on the pics, but I had fun taking them, so shrug thanks for viewing this monstrosity of a post, and as always constructive criticism is appreciated! :slight_smile:

40 Likes

This is awesome! He’s well built and looks sturdy.

1 Like

Nicely done.

1 Like

Thanks! He is pretty sturdy, though his shield arm can be a pain to pose due to weird amounts of friction in the arm and wrist.

Thanks, glad you like him!

1 Like

Looks very tight. Everything seems to fit rather nicely. I always like to see cloth pieces on mocs so that’s a huge plus from me. That said I wonder what his back looks like without the covering. His sword is also very nice. Kopaka mata’s sword is one of my favorite weapon pieces.

1 Like

The cloths look pretty well arranged. Nice job!

1 Like

Job well done!
No gaps, good colouring, nice cloth pieces, great photo’s. 9/10

1 Like

To be honest I can’t see a lot of the moc because of the fabric but that highlights the main great part, the cloak and cape and scarf is done very well. I prefer it as it looks a lot more interesting than other mocs of this size.

1 Like

Thanks! His back is just a plain old white HF 2.0 under armor chest piece. It actually works pretty well.

Thank you!

Thanks! Fun fact, the coat is just made from a cut up sock. It actually worked out really well because it gave the cloth a ribbed feeling.

1 Like

This man is a genius

1 Like

This is a lot of custom cloth. I’d go so far as to say too much. Aside from the legs, every other part of the body has custom cloth stuck somewhere. The scarf ends up looking very not-scarf-like and kind of distracting from the overall model.

On the back the main cloth portion looks excellent, flowing naturally over the frame, but in the front it turns into a bit of a mess, bunching up incredibly and making it look like an entirely different torso. I’d like to assume the torso is smartly built, but I can’t see any of it. The limbs are incredibly simple, but colour-blocked very well.

Overall, decent figure, wish I could see more of it. Glad to see more Okotan Adventures receiving the MOC treatment.

3 Likes

Now this… Might just be the best g2 moc ive ever seen!

1 Like

I personally like the amount of cloth on him, but that’s more of just a personal thing. Though I do definitely agree about the scarf.

It isn’t really smartly built. In fact, the whole build is extremely simple. The cloth is the only thing making him unique, but since I really only care about how he looks, I’m okay with that.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I do love a good bionicle coat. this is amazing

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like