Lariska Ideas discussion (canon contest)

I’ve seen a few that use the Turbo head. The idea’s grown on me.

Perhaps stickers can be put on the visor to give the impression of her eyes behind the visor? (Though they’d have to be official, uncut, Lego stickers.)

5 Likes

To be honest, my favorite Lariska MOC so far has been a Nidhiki and Krekka combo model. While the dark blue and green aren’t exactly the “dark blue-green” specified, they feel faithful enough for my tastes. I also just appreciate the idea of her being a combo model, which feels like how she would have gotten a “set” if Lego ever did decide to make one. I’m aware that this is contrary to many of the opinions here, but thought I’d throw my two cents in. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I too like the combo model very much, and it makes a lot of sense to me that Lariska could’ve been a combination of those two models. I love seeing combo models in general, because I think it’s quite creative when builders are able to create a unique model using a limited part selection.

However, I do prefer @Gilahu’s lariska, because in my opinion, it looks more cohesive, while still fitting in with the 2005 titan aesthetic.

5 Likes

If we’re thinking of the same combiner model MOC, I think you have good reason to like it. I really liked the feet on that one and the general combo aesthetic.

2 Likes

I’m most likely not going to be entering the contest but I got to thinking of what I saw many people wanting.
-Different than a vortixx, but similar
-Slizer/throwbot head
-Can wear a kanohi
This is the concept head I made. If anyone wants to modify it or wants the instructions if you can’t just see it, let me know.

Note that the color scheme is very off, I just used random pieces

3 Likes

We probably are, I saw it on the boards, though I can’t remember who made it.

I do like his model (and his work in general), though I feel like the proportions that he goes for takes a bit away from the athletic/nimble look.

Hmm, interesting… The head feels a bit too tall, to be honest. It either has a really long neck or the lower half of the head just doesn’t integrate well with the slizer head.

4 Likes

Oh I agree, it doesn’t hit just right. I’m gonna play around with it some, but if someone needed some concept help to get going it may help

Here it is even shorter neck tho. Also worth noting I wouldnt expect it to look right on a metru body.

1 Like

Huh. It’s interesting. The Slizer head looks better than I expected, but… overall it seems thin. It’s a good concept, though. I really had no idea how to make a Kanohi-compatible head without using a premade one until now.

1 Like

That looks a bit better; you wouldn’t happen to have a black hand socket, would you? Having that one piece in a different color makes it stick out too much, imo.

1 Like

I like how strong Gilahu’s looked while also looking feminine, though I don’t know that Lariska necessarily has to look feminine. Less bulk might work, though.

2 Likes

Certainly, I was just using that color because it seems to be one of the desired colors. I wasn’t originally trying to make it look good color wise.
Color corrected. Is this a little easier on the eyes?

I also just lack eye visors, so you’d have to imagine one. Although they didn’t come with the best color options. The only translucent throwbot visor is trans-black.

1 Like

That looks a lot more cohesive, ye.

2 Likes

I’d love to see someone make a great functional head involving a throwbot that can wear kanohi. This is just what I could make in 15 minutes. I’m sure the people in this contest can craft us up some real interesting stuff

1 Like

Thanks Elijay, I’m sorry I didn’t report their conversation-when I said I was glad I was being sarcastic. I’ll try to monitor my topics better.

2 Likes

And now Lariska is a Gungan with access to Kanohi.

10 Likes

Yeah… somehow I don’t think Hammerhead Lariska is going to catch on anytime soon. =P

1 Like

Meesa thinks we founda hater

7 Likes

Wait, what? Did something happen while I was gone, or does this involve me?

The thread got deleted. It didn’t involve you. Some people started saying some naughty jokes :confused:

4 Likes

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. :wink:

3 Likes