Lariska, the wise, wonderful, and agile Dark Hunter.

Thank you! but I think i still need improvement in many parts.
her shoulder decoration… and someone pointed out that the upper body looks a little empty…
so i will improve her step by step.

There’s a lot of time

hey,you found the answer.
all Hagah team have gear box, so all hagah team have won. so voting is not starting

yeah, thank you, I wanted to remind her that she was born to appear in the 2005 book, Time Trap. Rhotuka was the most reasonable way.

Yeah… at first, Greg replied " Lariska is the size of a Toa, she’s not a Matoran" , but that was an answer to avoid her becoming an ugly Matoran. lol

Still, I prefer her not to be that big, no matter how big she is, she should be smaller than vortixx and prefer to be hydraxon size
Other than that, I’m not sure if other people will prefer Lariska with slightly longer legs.

4 Likes

It looks good to me. I personally don’t like over crammed MOCs and yours is currently in that sweet spot for me. :man_shrugging:t3:

I could see a heartlight fitting in one of those empty spots above the metru chest cover though, a barraki eyepiece could fit easily enough. Maybe even a round plate on that turqiouse piece in her center chest

5 Likes

Looks nice. The mechanical arm doesn’t look like it belongs to the body, which works.

That’s weird. I think it is just perfect. If it had more stuff it would get too much, but like Takutanuva said a heartlight could look good.

2 Likes

has anyone seen the latest apex legends trailer. I think we could take some inspiration from Ash’s character design.

also I kind of like the mild asymmetry in the slightly longer legs.
makes her look like she has been doing her job for a long time and has gotten more than just one scratch over the years.

2 Likes

Actually, it’s because i don’t have enough same parts.
Shh! This is our secret.

4 Likes

On this point, I think the torso is largely fine. The one thing I think it could so with is something small to fill in these spaces:

so that the torso blends into the waist slightly more smoothly.

2 Likes

I think it can be solved by filling in simple parts, but I’m a little considering.
because I thought it’d be better if it was empty.

3 Likes

Yeaah I think it’s fine the way it is, but if its a make or break point for some people then I wouldnt be upset about you changing it :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

So I’ve been seeing you posting this in the canon contest discussions topic and felt like I wanted to express my thoughts on this build. Since it piqued my interest.

So everything I’m gonna lay out here is going to be my subjective thoughts and opinions on your moc in a constructive and hopefully helpful or thought provoking way to some degree or not…

To make this easier I’ll split my critiscm and praise into three categories and don’t worry I won’t bring up the rhotuka launcher in this post since we’ve discussed that to adnauseum in the other topic.

Without further ado, I want to start of by saying that this will likely get at least one of my votes as a first or second preference at this point in time. I don’t know what the competitions like yet so things may change.

So the first category is design, in this criteria I’ll look into the models combosition:

At first glance your Lariska looks really good, it has an interesting colorscheme of black and teal but the teal is just dominant enough that the black doesn’t overpower it which I like. However I do find the triangular body a bit wanky and too grebbly its also a bit hard to find any patterns in the design. Which take away from the entirety of the model. For example the design patterns on the mata feet are not repeated or featured in any other part of the design making it feel a bit disjointed.

The second category is the build, here I’ll take a look at the LEGO side of things:

The build is very creative in my opinion, I like that you managed to make her thin and agile looking. Another favorite aspect of the build to me is the usage of the banana pieces for her torso and just the general use of standard technic. I also think that the mechanical arm is creatively built using the Hordika upper arm piece it helps sell the robot arm though on the flip side I can sometimes feel that its to large and takes away from the rest of the build. Similarly I’m a bit hesitant on the mocs stability and durability mainly due to those tiny bohrok feet and the system connected right arm joint. To the same point having a quadruple jointed arms feels a bit wierd(This is wildly personal however.). Personally I’d suggest bulking up the right arm would help this moc go along way and hopefully not make it a helryx class nightmare to pose. However take this with a grain of salt since I haven’t actually held the model itself so if you haven’t had any issues with it yet I’d trust you on that. Lastly I really l like the head, not as much the hair (Makes it looks too much like a vortixx impo), I for sure think it is cool how you probably unintentionally homaged the build of the shadowed ones crown in the head design.

For the third category its believeability, how believeable is this model to Bionicle canon:

And for this category I hace to say you did a good job, I think it works arguably well as a Bionicle characters and you’ve captured most of the essential aspects of what we know of her apperances. As for some things I think detracts from the believeability, I must say the interplay between parts doesn’t always work for the design and the hair makes her look a bit vortixxy and is just in general a detail that very few Bionicle species have which I guess plays a factor into this as well.

The very last nitpick I have is how the technic panels are used on the arms and potentially the use of the small black tubes for her hair that is becoming ingresingly rare due to helryx.

As for my final abritrary score I’ll give this Lariska a 8/10, so you should be proud not because I said so but because I think you made a great moc. If you have any questions or want me to elaborate please reach out.

If I in anyway sounded disrespectful or rude in this post I apologize before hand, that was not my intention at all. Also I hope that my feedback is appreciated and that it was useful to you in some way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you.
Perhaps there won’t be a big change in the build, but I want to continue to develop into a better MOC
so your opinion is a good criticism.

The body looks empty, like the last improvement, i’ve added a few more parts, but isn’t it enough yet?

As for bohrok feet, I’m also considering replacing it with another foot, but I wanted her feet to not be too big.

System arm.
I think this has been solved at the moment.

Using a 2L bar greatly eased the instability.
I tested my lariska many times, dropped to the ground ,it solid enough.

7 Likes

Awesome build! The first thing I thought when I saw her head was “Movie Teridax?” But honestly as the other comments said, it’s refreshing to see a Lariska with a custom head. This is definitely getting my vote
My only concern though is how she scales next to a Metru Toa, since her and Nidhiki share a few scenes together

1 Like

If she stands up straight, she’ll look very taller than nidhiki because she’s 1-2 studs taller than Nuparu Mahri

I wanted to reduce it more, but this is my limit. =w=;;

1 Like

No worries, after all it’s never said how tall she was, plus if people want to make them the same size they can always use photography tricks or upscale Nidhiki

2 Likes

I think Greg said she’s roughly toa sized.

3 Likes

Yes, I don’t really like Titan size Lariska, but I wanted her to look slim, so her legs got longer lol

Here, there is a comparison of height.

7 Likes

Hey that’s close enough for me. Also nice Nidhiki! The custom chest looks great, although I’m not a personal fan of Sand Green limbs.

2 Likes

That scales really well, also I love the use of the Hordika limb for her mechanical arm.

2 Likes

Much MUCH better than the damaging connection

I’m thinking if switching the black Bohrok feet for Gavla’s black feet would be a good idea…

6 Likes

I’m making some improvements.
i will test 3-way connector to make the rib connection structure a little stronger

I heard that bohrok feet are too small, so I’m thinking about changing them.
I think Gavla’s feet are too big for Lariska

I think I need to improve hips but I can’t think of any good parts.

I’m thinking of improving it one by one.

I’m not sure if rhotuka launcher on leftarm will be allowed, so I think I need to design a new left arm in advance.

12 Likes

Just a heads-up, the proposed foot design is physically impossible with real pieces, as the clip elements are too big for the areas either side of the bar.

1 Like