Lego Ideas 90th Anniversary Bionicle Contest

I submitted mine on saturday afternoon and mine got approved at wednesday noon… Give it some time. I am sure it’s fine.

3 Likes

No I was

um

I was being sarcastic … ly sarcastic … idk. I don’t think LEGO hates BIONICLE or doesn’t value it or gives it unfair treatment anything dumb like that.

3 Likes

Wow, I completely misread that. I had even considered that possibility, but dismissed it.

Sorry about that.

(I still stand by what I say in general, though, about the idea that anyone who sees these contests as “unfair” is cherry-picking)

1 Like

No… no they do hate Bionicle what else could possibly be the explanation/s

Anyhow I love the contest and that LEGO acknowledged the theme in any more meaningful way than they’ve done for the last two years. I didn’t imply that Bionicle was being hated upon in my original reply, I was simply stateing that it felt like the other themes was more thought out in their wording.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s my bad again; my reply was mostly aimed towards Winger’s “Lego hates Bionicle” response, which turned out to be sarcastic.

The wording is probably made to not sound like a weird, semi-fantasy intro. If they started it something like “Unity, Duty, Destiny, and…”, it might be off-putting to LEGO fans who aren’t familiar with Bionicle.

Not sure if I’ll enter I am a little moced out still from bio cup. But maybe if an idea comes to me. What are some things people entered so far? so I could maybe get the juices flowing a bit.

1 Like

Mostly set revamps, ocs, some location dioramas out of system and micro builds. Mixel jointed system figures are really popular too

1 Like

All good. It’s there now.

2 Likes

Yeah I took a look at them so far quite a few good ones in there. It’s not biocup or anything but I think it just matters for people to show up for this one. I am tempted now to try to build a revamp of vezon and kardas dragon sense I got a half built moc that could be converted to that. I will see what I can do this weekend.

5 Likes

We are at 134 entries, hope we be able to reach over 200 on monday at least

3 Likes

Alrighty, I have no knowledge of photo aspect ratio. The requirements say they have to be 1:1, and I think that means a square photo, but I’m pretty ignorant. Is anyone willing to give me a run down on what that means and how to achieve it?

It means not stretching or compressing to make things look bigger or smaller.

This is 1:1

This is not

5 Likes

Haha great example. Thanks @Racie02

1 Like

you got the example images in the wrong order

2 Likes

@Wekua looking at the wording of the rules, it looks like they want both ratio and format 1:1, so that means square pictures as well.

2 Likes

Yeah just hit that roadblock ten minutes ago lol. Gonna have to retake some photos when I get home

1 Like

Sorry about that, was going off of what you said to answer your question.

1 Like

Nothing to apologize for, I gotta learn how to navigate the tech

Now we are just 6 entries shy of 200

Edit: its official we are over 200 entries :partying_face: :tada:

4 Likes