LEGO Prototypes Discussion

It’s possible also that the arms were too visually different from each other and Lego didn’t want too great of a visual distinction

Which if true is a shame, as a Tohunga arm with two connection points would have been a beautiful thing

6 Likes

Everyone talking about the closed Tohunga arm but can I get confirmation that the Kanoka disk is pretty darn stylin’? I could use a couple dozen of those in my life…

5 Likes

It doesn’t look bad for Mahi

It can be noticed that one of the matoran presented in the video posses a dark red Miru.

Which has also been used for a 2004 nuhrii prototype.
See this kanohi with such color in an official set would have been cool.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

7 Likes

I mean it’s just the normal Kanoka disk with red lewa on it

3 Likes

Didn’t someone recently do an essay on prototype colors that suggested the Mata originally had their Kanohi swapped around? Is the red Miru congruent with that in any way?

I wonder too if this is a prototype Jaller

5 Likes

Everyone’s talking about all the prototype molds but I don’t think enough people are bringing up the remote controlled murder-death-mobile

We were robbed

7 Likes

That’s a red star zombie contestant

8 Likes

time to fire up some CAD for the millionth time this month and start designing a tohunga arm…

…which also means I need to order some TPU and borrow a friends printer again

8 Likes

The onceler on his way to cut down the last vuata maca tree

6 Likes

looks like your work’s already been done

5 Likes

oh hey I missed that bit, sweet
@Scmd1999, is that file public somewhere?

5 Likes

another actor ruined by drugs and alcohol

9 Likes

Yes. You can found it on thingiverse. Here is the link:

There are also these versions.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6182370

10 Likes

How do we get it in Stud.io? I tried that with another Bionicle STL file and all I got was a recreation of the STL made of Lego Bricks?

3 Likes

I put my version in my stud.io pack: Scmdex Pack - Google Drive

When you said you have recreation of the piece made of lego brick, is there a “?” on these bricks ?

3 Likes

You’ll have to download PartDesigner. It’s a separate program available from the same place as stud.io that allows you to create custom stud.io parts, and one of the features is importing 3d models (though you’ll have to convert it to an .obj file).

I vaguely remember stud.io having a feature that auto-generates a Lego brick sculpture (or at least a 2d mosaic) from a 3d model. I’m assuming that this is the feature they’re talking about.

5 Likes

Here’s some prototypes of the 2006 summer sets at the Toy Fair 2006. I think the Toa Inika’s appearances in the comics were based on these prototypes.

5 Likes

Yes it is

3 Likes

There’s some Summer 2007 prototype sets at the Toy Fair.

6 Likes

Interesting how both the Garai and Tryna have an almost soft appearance to them. I wonder what they were made out of?

3 Likes