LEGO Prototypes Discussion

The roll cage has been rolled between both vehicles in a roller coaster and a rental service. Why it happened is unknown, except that the two are apparently very similar.

Maybe the High Emperor will kindly explain it to us mere mortals why this is or is not, for it is by his will that such enigmas exist. All hail High Emperor @Ghid !

4 Likes

Thornajetrax???

1 Like

Oh man it’s a Thornax

2 Likes

If that’s a Thornax, where’s the Thornax Launcher???

1 Like

In the Framework of Tammy Calamity project, the Digital Constraction collection, I recreated some bionicle prototype in stud.io to complete the dedicated folder.

Here are two of them:

The Kikanalo prototype…

For comparison with the original
Capture d’écran (1759)

And the orange bonehead from Turaga Files

For comparison with the original
Stud.io files: Prototype - Google Drive
Custom head by Rothanak
Bonehead #1 by Rothanak - Thingiverse

15 Likes

Wait a minute… is that a Capri Sun straw?
889f19eb00c663966bc4388383e8d07e5d3799e4

10 Likes

This must be one of those cases where the movie version was based on the prototype; I’m seeing a lot of aspects of the movie version in this prototype that aren’t in the final set version.

3 Likes

Those prototypes look pretty accurate and neat. Nice job!

1 Like

Fond the source, it was a Greg quote:

5 Likes

To be fair, there’s a difference between “not briefed to make the sets look like the Nuva” and “briefed to not make the sets look like the Nuva”.

Regardless, though, I’d be interested to see what those character-accurate models looked like. Do any pictures exist?

3 Likes

I’m aware of that

none that I know of.

1 Like

Does anyone has saved a promo art/prototype art of Bulk and Vapour set? I’m looking for the one with Vapour standing frontally on a rooftop and Bulk flying from behind. I’ve found all other 2010 HF promo and prototype art, except for this one…

5 Likes

This one?

3 Likes

Hey! Blue pins look good on Vapor! I’ve never noticed that before.

3 Likes

Okay, so I’ve probably projected a bit and confused this image of Showdown comic with an official prototype box version. Thanks for the help tho!

2 Likes

Judging by how consistent their comic appearances are I think it’s reasonable to assume there was some kind of physical sketch model at some point, even if it was never intended to be an actual set.

There’s a prototype out there for Speeda Demon from Hero Factory that appears to use a modified prototype baterra helmet. The image in question is confidential marked, so I won’t post in here, it’s easy to find with a quick google search though. (there’s also a pic of the helmet in this thread if you scroll up enough)

4 Likes

this is a pretty silly because as someone who was younger than 9-10 at the time I knew exactly who the toa nuva was and what they looked like. maybe tiny me was just built different in how much garage sale bonkle media I aquired and consumed

3 Likes

The nynrah ghost blasters look like little bottles.

5 Likes
11 Likes

I’m totally gonna mod my Pridak to have that prototype torso design

6 Likes