Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

In all seriousness though, which of the figure types would he be?

Logically, and in continuity, Boba would be one of the cheaper sets like Cody and Jango, since, you know, they’re technically one in the same. But they’ll probably make him one of the more expensive sets, like Kylo Ren and the Death Trooper.

3 Likes

I would be surprised if he wasn’t pricey, seeing as they would have to do an immense amount of custom printing on nearly every piece of armor on him.

Probably. Possible get some new molds, and maybe some recolors. Looking at a picture of Boba Fett, I’m getting a few ideas on what they may do.

1 Like

I hope, hope this is true. For almost two years I’ve been hoping for a Boba Fett set, but we haven’t had one…yet. If this is true, I’m stoked.

1 Like

Because they strive for accuracy; they don’t have any excuses if anything looks off. That means better coverage, detailing, and accurate colour schemes, which are already pre-established by existing artists.

WIth Bonkle, designers start from the ground up, which arguably means they have to put in more thought and effort into each individual one. Some get lazy along the way, and if something is off or incomplete, they have the right to say “that’s just the way it is”. Creativity is valued over accuracy/solidity

15 Likes

Hmm… I dunno, I personally find all these Star Wars constraction figures ugly as heck. Ok, I admit I don’t have a single one (because they’re totally overprized, too), so I can’t say much about the build and I haven’t really checked them for accuracy either, but honestly I’d always prefer a 2016 Bionicle set over these.

Although when I saw Grievous for the first time I thought “Why don’t they put that much effort into Bionicle?” But that was before 2016 and Umarak the Hunter.

8 Likes

Because I think at this point Lego knows there is more audience appeal. Bionicle has failed twice now. Considering the fact that the decision to cancel G2 would have been made around the middle of 2015, the Star Wars line was beginning and more funds could go into it, not to mention Star Wars itself is more of a recognizable thing than Bionicle.

1 Like

The Star Wars Constraction sets really aren’t that pricey when you look at the competition. They’re about the same price as similar-sized Black Series figures:

2 Likes

Can’t say that I ever heard or saw something of Black Series figures, but comparing the Star Wars constraction figures with the Bionicle figures always makes me feel like choosing Star Wars is a bad deal considering what you get for your money.

As I said, I don’t know much about their build, but comparing for example Jango Fett with any of the bigger Toa sets (both 20 bucks) just makes me feel like you get so much more stuff with the Bionicle set.

4 Likes

Very true. However, keep in mind that the SW figures tend to have more printed parts and those extremely specialized (and no doubt extremely expensive to produce) dual-moulded heads with precise paint applications. Those moulds can really only be used once, so the high cost of producing the mould has to be absorbed with the retail cost of the sets.

2 Likes

Now that I’ve more or less recovered from G2’s untimely demise, I think I’ll quench my CCBS thirst with these… :stuck_out_tongue:

I see sets from the first two waves are still in stock on LEGO Shop.

How much longer do we suppose until they’re discontinued? I’m really broke, and I kinda want Cody…

1 Like

I’ve seen Jango for 30% off at Walmart. Same thing for Finn and the FO Stormtrooper. I imagine it’ll only be a matter of time before S@H starts clearing them out. Maybe during a fall/winter sale.

2 Likes

Yeah, I should probably wait 'till then in that case.

Indigo has them stocked, and I wouldn’t be opposed to buying from them again after my Tahu/UTH situation. :stuck_out_tongue:

I still think I’ll hold off for now.

2 Likes

Oh the sets are on clearance that means it’s going to end early. You think that there is going to be sets in 2017 but your wrong and that proves it. /s

Indigo?

Canadian book store. I ordered some bonkles from their site a few months back.

Ah, dangit, you got my hopes up for getting Tahu…I never got him or Ikir…

Come on over to Canada! We don’t bite! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding.

We bite. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I don’t think I could spend THAT much on that set…

That’s what the larger Toa cost over here.

2 Likes