LEGO World Builder

So apparently, LEGO has just launched a new website called LEGO World Builder, where people can submit their ideas for potential new original LEGO Themes. The press release was kinda vague so we don’t yet how exactly this is gonna work, but I’d say it’s definitely work looking more into.
For all those people out there looking to pitch a Bionicle G3 Idea to LEGO, this might be the place to do so.
Here is a link to this newly launched website: LEGO® World Builder

3 Likes

So it’s like Ideas, but for themes instead of sets.

'Bout time.

Bionicle would probably fail here too.

5 Likes

can’t wait for this site to only produce licensed products as well

edit:

nice

7 Likes

I still want a new mecha theme. No random mecha sets in an unrelated story but just go full gundam like exo force.

Also is it just the fact I’m mobile or is the site not loading right?

TTV just made a video on it, check it out if you haven’t already.

1 Like

https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/world/473e2279-6466-450e-aee8-cef431ca5cba

I’ve already made mine :smiley: @Khalsa721 you might be in luck.

Still have some renders to do before I can upload the rest of the mechs.

1 Like

Who’s to say we can’t just revive Exo-Force itself?

2 Likes

Already gotten to work on a Bionicle project. I may send out a call-to-arms once I have enough done myself that I think I’m ready to start accepting help.

4 Likes

Could we maybe get @Sokoda to make another Bionicle-related project, but this time submit it to this new site? I think that would have a lot of potential, given how much support his LEGO Ideas project got, despite being not approved.

If he’s willing and able to design legitimate playsets rather than dioramas or detailed display pieces, I say he can go for it. But this platform seems to be for designing themes, things Lego can actually try and make franchises of. It’d be best if whatever MOCs are created for these projects are designed with play value in mind rather than just looking good, as seems to be the case with Sokoda’s work. Then again, I don’t know the full extent of his MOCing prowess.

3 Likes

please no bionicle

3 Likes

but why

/10butwhy

1 Like

we’ve had like 13 years of bionicle

let’s try to get some new themes made and explore new ideas :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We can do both. Bionicle has a lot of potential to be rethought and redone, except better.

4 Likes

Exo-force 2: anti-alien boogaloo let’s gooOOOO

4 Likes

I plan to wait and see if Faber is going to submit his BIONICLE revival project to World Builder before supporting anyone else’s similar concepts.

I think ideally Faber would be the “Architect” for a single project that the whole community could focus on being “Contributors” to.

3 Likes

we’ve seen it redone and it bombed hard.

Furthermore, I wouldn’t want to risk bionicle and a new IP competing with each other.

1 Like

Sould have said no Bionicle before I started a Bionicle project. Also @Risebell I think you are forgetting why Bionicle G2 failed. It failed because of poor marketing, higher prices, and a simplistic story that no one was invested in. But mostly marketing was to blame. Had they made it better known and lowered the prices of the sets G2 might have succeeded.

6 Likes

I highly doubt any of that would change with a g3. It’s not a problem unique to g2.

3 Likes

Um better marketing and a more fleshed out story would greatly benefit G3 as well as cheaper sets.

3 Likes