Makuta Teridax Movie MOC

It was tricky to add these spots but my god thank god it turned out perfect, and now The Makuta is truly movie accurate

79 Likes

After all these yearsā€¦someoneā€™s finally done it. An actual, canon-accurate Terry. I can almost imagine this thing coming to life and monologuing in that weirdly seductive voice of his.

16 Likes

Itā€™s amazing to see how far this thing has come since March.

1 Like

Now, how did you apply the oxidization?

2 Likes

Mixed 2 layers of paint over them (nail polish) the lighter one then went over it with the darker colour and blended them near the edges

4 Likes

That a great looking paint job! It looks incredibly accurate!

1 Like

Finally, he is perfection. He was perfect even before painting, though. Are there are diods for eyes or this is just photo editor? I think it would be very cool if You take a photo of him in Mangaia. And with some movie-accurate Rahkshi. Also, donā€™t you afraid to sleep when he is nearby? Or is he the shadow that guarding his broā€¦ creatorā€™s slumber? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfection does notā€¦ Wait a minute it does exist!!!

I thought your previous version couldnā€™t become betterā€¦ I was wrong! That spectacular paint job looks exactly like in the movie.

Just one question: how well can those old rusty 2003 balljoints in the knees (especially the lower ones) hold him up?

2 Likes

Miramax

Canon-accurate

This is very impressive though, itā€™s like heā€™s stepped right out of the movie itself.

12 Likes

Hey, itā€™s canon to the movie, isnā€™t it?

1 Like

Canon to the movie =/= canon to everything else

I donā€™t want to live in the world where the movies are the ultimate canon

1 Like

Why not? It means Matau might get a dateā€¦

Anyway cool MOC, though oddly enough he looks to be less villainous than the set does.

4 Likes

One of the most screen accurate depictions of a bionicle character I have ever seenā€¦ very well done!

1 Like

The clips I squeezed them together to tighten the friction and the only heavy part is his mask which is metal haha

1 Like

Gosh, it really looks like you just have the actual movie model on your desk! Itā€™s that good!

This was extremely well done, the entire process. Iā€™m glad I got to see it all come to fruition!

Amazing job!

2 Likes

This is incredible. I wish I could make my own!

1 Like

Phenomenalā€¦simply phenomenal.

1 Like

Excellent work! I always remember being disappointed that the set looked nothing like the movie version. Youā€™ve done a great job of capturing the look of the films.

1 Like

IMG_20200808_102214_501

12 Likes