Makuta Tridax, the Shadow Shanghai

Makuta Tridax was among my very first Studio MOCs. As you can probably guess, he wasn’t very good. I think I’ve massively improved what I’m capable of in this program since then, so now, 14 months later, I’m finally giving him the makeover he deserves.

Tridax, the Shadow Shanghai

Species: Makuta
Kanohi: Ekara, Great Mask of Vulture (+1 Olmak, Mask of Dimensional Gates)
Pieces: 151 (+1 Olmak)

17 Likes

ooo really cool!

1 Like

What does a Mask of Vulture do?

Ah this looks cool. I like the metru red and dark purple color scheme, and the weapon looks neat. Overall a pretty good Tridax moc

1 Like

Mask of Vulture is another name for the Mask of Scavenging. I just think Vulture sounds cooler.

4 Likes

Very nice/10

1 Like

Where does the Olmak come from? It’s not in Studio currently.

I ripped it from the Brutaka model that’s in Tammy Calamity’s Digital Constraction Collection. Beyond that, I unfortunately have no idea where it came from.

4 Likes

Shadow … Shanghai??

1 Like

Shanghai is a verb meaning to kidnap people and force them to work on your crew. I don’t believe it’s used as a noun in this context but I’m doing it anyway bc I like the alliteration and it sounds cool.

1 Like

The proportions are pretty nice here, I also like the colour spread.

1 Like

I love this MOC! Also I know I mentioned this before but thank you again for using the mask I designed! It’s really appreciated by me that it’s serving it’s intended purpose. Also is Ekara the actual true name of the Mask Of Scavenging/Vulture? I have never heard it before.

1 Like

“Ekara” is the Maori word for “vulture.” The Mask of Vulture doesn’t have a canonical Matoran name but I don’t like it when Kanohi don’t have Matoran names, so I just decided to give it one myself.

2 Likes

Well honestly it fits perfectly! It should be the official Kanohi name for it. I as well dislike how there are not Matoran names for some of them, it just doesn’t sound right.

1 Like