Mario movie (2022)

Welcome to the Boards.

I think my tolerance of Chris Prat’s Mario has improved over time, but its still easily the weakest voice in the film. 'Course, we haven’t heard Donkey Kong yet, so that may change.

5 Likes

Speak of the devil, Donk’s voice was revealed just today

Nothing special but not terrible either

4 Likes

me when i see a furry

3 Likes

Chris Pratt as Mario was not as much a problem as it was made out to be beforehand

7 Likes

mario’s ringtone is the gamecube startup 100/10

3 Likes

Edit: thanks ghiddy, hadn’t thought about it being spoilers. Read at your peril folks

I found myself grinning from ear-to-ear throughout the film, little things like the DK Rap just plain caught me off guard. For me I’m most nostalgic for the og Wii Mario Kart, so I liked those bits the most. Did feel like the pacing was a bit weird in places, i didn’t rrally like the finale returning to Brooklyn, it just didn’t feel very “big” if that makes sense? And it kinda raises the question of why they are living in the Mushroom Kingdom, instead of the real world, them being stranded could have been an idea that made sense if they hadn’t elaborated on the real world in the intro.

6 Likes

might wanna spoiler that

EDIT: forgot I wanted to address this

Mario and Luigi have been living at their mom’s house in brooklyn well into adulthood and you wonder why they immediately moved into free real estate? :smirk:

I mean, Mario’s basically a mushroom kingdom celebrity now, and the conveniently constructed brooklyn warp pipe is twenty feet from his front door, so it’s not like he’s stranded anymore. Honestly I wouldn’t be too surprised to see some toads renting out some apartments in the inevitable sequel, although considering their economy revolves around massive golden coins I doubt they’d stay for too long.

5 Likes