Mask of Light style Tahu Nuva (& Takua)

Hi! this is my first post here.

Chronicler! Sightseeing, are we?

For this moc I am using a modified Impruva torso and some CCBS to try achieve a closer look to the movie version of Tahu. Some illegal stuff on the shoulder armor and I cut some tubes for the knee articulation, otherwise all normal legal building.

An attempt at a movie-style Rahkshi moc I made a while back

I HAVE NO DESTINY!

While I am here, I am planning to eventually make all 7 Toa Nuva in this style. However for Gali, I want her to be slimmer and more feminine than the others (this build is good for men but I don’t want her to look too roided xD) Any build suggestions on how to achieve this look would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for looking! (I hope I formatted this post okay)

37 Likes

ah welcome
honestly i think this is one of my favourite tahu’s!
this looks epic, cant wait to see the others!

4 Likes

Welcome to the boards, this moc is pretty cool, he looks great with the poisoned Hau Nova.

5 Likes

darn senit beat me to the haha funni
This is nice, i can’t remember when i last saw a Mirimax-style Tahu. He looks very cool.

8 Likes

No, that’s actually my job

Anyways @Jeritza your Tahu moc looks pretty good, it’s neat that it’s inspired by the movie. Only criticism would be that I say you should add some orange on the limbs, other than that the moc is great. Nice job

4 Likes

Welcome to the boards @Jeritza. You’ve made a colossal mistake.

8 Likes

This is so awesome, mind if I see that rahkshi better??

4 Likes

Thank you all for the comments!

I understand, however in the movie Tahu is pretty much completely red. To try be more accurate I removed the orange :slight_smile:

Sure, here he is on my reddit profile (all my mocs are there)

Rahkshi moc

3 Likes

Here’s my take of the rahkhsi, yours is amazing I gotta say

5 Likes

Dayum dude that is far more accurate than mine xD Love that head. We don’t actually have official Purple exo-force arms, correct?

4 Likes

The purple is all painted yea there were no released purple exo fingers

4 Likes

I’m in disbelief at that Terry moc. If I was comfortable cutting up parts i’d be trying to make something that beautiful for sure!

4 Likes

He wasn’t easy but is so amazing to look at

4 Likes

Welcome! This is really cool, I love the way this looks, and the hands are simple but so effective. Excited to see what else you come up with!

Really cool images, but just as a personal preference suggestion, a pic of just a sort of museum pose would be really cool too. In general though, awesome MOC!

4 Likes

Bro this is impressive. The detail is great.

3 Likes

I think it’s the best film version I’ve seen of Tahu, it’s unbelievable.

I wanted to ask, do you have somewhere more detailed pictures of how you made the moc? I would love to have one like this, especially the back area which is not very visible.

4 Likes