MOC advice/help

Does anyone know any good waist designs for a wider hip frame? I am thinking something similar to this Gorast moc:

4 Likes

I mean… I spot those toa metru hips on that MOC in lime.

I think I’ll reiterate my question from before. This here is Sandro Quattrini’s “last toa” Moc of which he provided a bit of an inside look into how the torso is made.

Now granted I want to try to alter this design to fit a metru head and some proper ball joints but I need some help in figuring out how the main torso is made.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST -Spiderus Prime

8 Likes

Hi. I’m working on a self moc but I’m trying to creat don arms similar to grevious(in which they split in half. If you know of some design that do similar actions, but is not like the hero factory build( Lego set 75112) please leave in the comments

3 Likes

Is there a reason that you don’t want to use the same design from the official General Grievous set? It might help narrow down a design if there’s some specific functionality that you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I’m wanting him to have the same split arm ability as grevious that’s all.(plus he might have a hidden ability that I won’t reveal until he’s done

2 Likes

You’re in luck. I’ve been working on this exact thing for a few years now, and even made a General Grievous MOC to go with it. Link

That’s my most recent design, which has the most range of motion, but I also have a slightly older version that I go into more detail on in my self-MOC topic. Link

I also have a design that’s a little outdated now, but uses actual Lego pistons, and ball joints. It’s larger in size, but it’s a bit more reliable. Link

If you have more questions about this, let me know.

4 Likes

Can u perhaps send instructions for the arms to let me have a look?

2 Likes

Is there a particular set you’re wanting?

2 Likes

just wanting to take a closer look at it that’s all. see if its what i’m after

3 Likes

Yeah, I get that, but if you’re more specific about it, I’ll know what things to focus on in the pictures. I also don’t want to have to breakdown all three designs since they’re attached to MOCs.

2 Likes

Usually Technic is the best way to make these type of arm’s. I can help you with a hand design with 4 fingers and 2 thumbs like grievous would you like something like that?

2 Likes

It’s just the arms of the first one

2 Likes

No I’m doing a 3finger/arm(like the 2003 cartoon)

3 Likes

Alright, here’s some close up shots of the arms. Since everything is pretty exposed, it’s pretty easy to figure out what pieces serve what purpose.

The important things are the two mock pistons, which allow 90 degree elbow articulation, (If you only do one mock piston, you will be restricted to straight arms, and full bend.) and the two L swivels on the upper elbow, and the wrist. These swivels end up giving the hands important articulation to face palm up or down, and the elbow swivel gives more range of motion than typical MOCs have. You can fold the arms behind the MOCs back, or even swing them outwards

Photo Dump

5 Likes

I think I can work with this

3 Likes

Using sliders to allow the individual elbows to “overlap” is pretty clever. Does it weaken the arms at all (either when they’re connected or when they’re separate), or is it a fairly robust system?

3 Likes

If the slider you’re referring to is the two extending parts, then no, not really. Out of all the different functions I had to include, that was the least of my worries. I had trouble with the shoulders, elbows, and wrists. In general, these kinds of arms are only problematic when split.

3 Likes

having some trouble with seeing how to make it. is it possible you can do a step by step? this is what I was able to get to so far

3 Likes

I don’t have the time right now to do a full breakdown. The images I sent are 100% enough information to make a complete replica. If you can figure it out without the need of a step by step, you’ll be better for it.

Right now, the best advice I have is to copy the images exactly. Don’t try to substitute pieces, don’t try to cut corners or hack it, just copy it. Once you have a complete replica, and understanding, you can make modifications. These arms are strict. If something is off, they will not work.

If it’s a matter of not even having the necessary pieces, then let me know, and I might have a solution. Like I said though, you have over a dozen angles to study, you have what you need.

3 Likes

can you at least tie me what the part is here (blue)

3 Likes