New Toa Zaria WIP

, ,

First thank you all for your honest feedback on my pervious Zaria moc Honest community feedback (on my Zaria MOC). Below is the new one with what I’ve redone and worked in.

Feedback is always appreciated I may still alter a few things and of course add the left armor once I get the part. For now that was the part blasted off in The Yesterday Quest chapter 2.

32 Likes

Gotta say thats a major improvement

3 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

Very nice improvement. Really like the chest but I fear the arms aren’t very possible

2 Likes

@Eilrach Could you elaborate on what you mean?

They dont look like theyd bend well in any natural way

1 Like

He doesn’t look like his arm can bend to 90 degrees due to the way the socket is placed

1 Like

I could see that but because there are three ball joints he has a pretty flexible movement granted not a straight

90 degree

2 Likes

Cool, looks actually a bit more cohesive than the original.

2 Likes

VERY NICE MOC!!! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

This is a major improvement, I much prefer this over the previous version.

1 Like

Hey, that’s a cool zaria right there! Love the weapo to go along with it too

1 Like

This is my favorite Zaria so far, it has my vote. We don’t see many Piraka/Inika builds in Toa MOCS this days, so I welcome one as original and cool as this one.

1 Like

Looking pretty nice. If I had any feedback it would be to see if you can fill the gap in the chest with something and the legs need bulking up a bit but the rest is really nice, espeically like the arms.

1 Like

Very nice color scheme!

1 Like

Very nice, as many have said. I like the use of the Ninjago copper swords, and the hands are really neat. Depending on the length of that axle at the base of his neck, do you think you could replace it with an axle with a stud on the end and add either a little bit of System armor or a heartlight?

1 Like

Thank you all yeah the neck was bugging me too so I made a couple adjustments

I could also go back to this mask

As for bulking out the legs I will look at it but im being cautious not to just add. I want to keep the colors as are and the limited g1 parts in those colors becomes an issue. Plus this is what my pervious Zaria suffered from bulking to fit other portions and well became a mess over time

2 Likes

He has beeg hands!

I like this one. The body proportions look really good, even despite some exaggerated elements. Good job keeping his limbs and body original while small enough to work with the lower Inika legs.

Color balancing wise, it looks pretty good. The burnt orange is really prevalent around the chest and upper arms, justifying the dark orange kanohi. Gunmetal is a nice second color and hides dark grey elements really well, like the ones used in his forearms. His legs are mostly gunmetal, but the Bohrok eye and foot connectors add some color difference in. I don’t like the blue pins visible on his lower legs, could you shell out for black ones?

My one gripe is that his beefy proportions make his head look kind of small. Both the Kakama and the custom mask suffer from this. Of course, if we ever get to the contest for Zaria, if this design wins, an artist will solve this problem.

Overall, this is probably my favorite Zaria so far. If anyone complains about the CCBS, tell them to find something better to complain about!

1 Like

The custom mask fits perfectly for this masterpiece👍

1 Like

Thank you! I agree on the blue pins I hate them lol I believe I’ve got two black ones that are not in a current MOC just have to find them so for the entry I will resolve that.

I agree on the mask, but as you pointed out there will be the art portion and since Zaria doesn’t have a cannon mentioned mask it could be anything the current mask is more or less there as a place holder, which I will give permission to change. But the mask gives the artist an idea of what shaping and designs that would work with the overall MOC. I like the Kakama cause it gives him a little extra head height but the custom gives him more movability lol so something shaped similarly on the lower portion of the mask and more height would be perfect.

2 Likes