Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga (Sign Ups) (again)

We were planning on finding ways to quickly retire most of them; was there one in particular you wanted to stick around? Flux probably wouldn’t mind me taking any of them that we needed.

2 Likes

Really I was only thinking of the Puppeteer/Symphony/Sonata, just to stick around long enough to wrap up the Tsim Krad stuff, and Melody (or Cappella, I forget which) who was hunting Jevis, though that wouldn’t even be necessary if it’s too much trouble.

1 Like

Either Traykar or I would be playing the characters needed to wrap up the Tsim Krad stuff and hopefully doing that quickly so we could finally have those characters go somewhere else :stuck_out_tongue: , but I didn’t have any particular plans for picking up Melody.

2 Likes

Oh, uh, I made my character pretty average/borderline underpowered, is that gonna be an issue with power levels?

2 Likes

Not having powers and having moderate combat experience is pretty much the norm historically; over time we’ve had a slight uptick in powered characters but not enough to make the unpowered ones obsolete, so you should be good.

4 Likes

Multiple characters who can teleport
Multiple characters who can utilize shadow
One character the size of a skyscraper
One character with psychic powers

I mean, in execution it is actually only a slight uptick, because a lot of the PvP interactions are fair and well-moderated (and also there’s been very few PvP)

2 Likes

Huh. Yeah a few of them seem to have slipped my memory. To be fair a lot of them aren’t going to be relevant anymore; mostly just the elemental lords unless my memory is suffering more than I realized.

2 Likes

Does having the ears of a bat count as a power?

1 Like

I’ll see about creating an entry, but, as usual, I can’t promise how active I’ll be…

3 Likes

out of like 50+ characters

3 Likes

half of which are inactive

oh and if OA is coming back I can make more kryuin jokes, epic

3 Likes

I really would like to join but I’m unfamiliar with the background (mainly because by the time I found out Okotan adventures existed it was 1000s of posts long)
Is the previous story important and if so will it be recapped?

3 Likes

That is a very good question, the previous story is important seeing as how we’re continuing where we left off, and I’ll do my best to write an overview of what’s happened before

1 Like

I will definitely join this I had wanted to join the old one but not a lot was happening so like all the other new people, I have zero clue of what happened in the last RPG and I don’t know a lot about G2s story so Is there any lore/characters/creatures/places/stories/villains that should be common knowledge to Okotans?

2 Likes

pfft, what story?/s

3 Likes

Let me summarize OA’s history/lore for you

Long ago, a bunch of ancient architects arrived on Okoto and built the various labyrinths and mazes that dot the island
Then all of Okoto’s populous shows up and Ekimu/Makuta are dubbed rulers of the people while the elders scatter to each elemental region and set up villages which later become the region capitals
Then all the elders disappear and die and stuff
Then Ekimu disappears and later reappears with the Lords of the Elements who kill all the bad guys
Then several hundred years later the Lords of the Elements turn evil and Okoto has to put most of them down
Then thousands of years later people who are skeletons for some reason show up and get banished to a mountain
Then several thousand years later Makuta decides to make the MoUP and Ekimu bonks him for it
Ekimu is knocked unconscious and Makuta gets sent to dark and spooky placeTM and becomes evil
Then thousands of years later the skull spiders attack and the Toa are summoned and they defeat both them and the skeleton people and Ekimu wakes up
Then they cause the destruction of the entire skeleton people civilization
Then Umarak exists and then he doesn’t and Makuta is put on ignore for all eternity

Then twenty years later Makuta wants to come back
Two more Toa OCs arrive and kinda get stomped by the epic band of player charactersTM
Skull spider but woman shows up and then goes away
Then three years later this guy called the Lord of the Undying Storm makes a royal mess of the big city and Ekimu bonks him for it
Then the Lord of the Undying Storm helps Ekimu track down a bad guy while in the meantime and totally unbeknownst to everyone except half of the players, skull spider but woman is coming back

the end

7 Likes

uh

interesting…

1 Like

That’s a classic Ghid summary right there.

You forgot about the tournament where during the middle of one match two characters break into song!

For the record, I came up with this character before I saw @Rukah’s character, so any similarities are merely an unfortunate coincidence… I guess I should’ve checked everyone’s characters first :stuck_out_tongue:

Name: Huku
Element: Water/Stone (Water appears to be his dominant element)
Equipment: Harpoon, swim fins, and a dagger
Appearance:

Bio: Huku was born to a member of the Stone Tribe and a member of the Water Tribe (which inspired him to paint his armor blue and brown). As he grew up, his mother taught him how to fish (which I guess is a perfect occupation for a member of the Water Tribe), though his ground-bound father, as a member of the Stone Tribe, wasn’t exactly thrilled with his son’s new occupation.
Personality: Huku is incredibly patient. He’s been know to be at sea for days, waiting to catch the right fish. He’s also the strong silent type, rarely speaking when it’s not necessary (a habit that developed from his time at sea, as sudden noises would scare the fish away).

Additional Images:

Also, @Rukah, to solve the problem that I accidentally created (again, I probably should’ve read the descriptions of the other characters…), maybe there could be some sort of “Hafu/Taipu” style joke, where they other Okotans keep confusing Huku and Kranuk for each other?

7 Likes