Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga (Sign-ups)

Oh, sorry, I missed that.

2 Likes

Three years have passed, yes. Things that happened in the previous RP are set in stone, and already established backstories should be kept consistent. What your characters were up to during the three years is up to you, though try to keep it reasonable.

If you’re referring to who needs to get a character sheet, only characters you’re planning on using.

Probably not; PM me the details.

3 Likes

Name: Athena
Element: Water (active), Stone, Fire (inactive)
Equipment: Bow and arrows, one spear, a bag with a few medical things
Appearance: She looks like Vladin’s feminine version. She is as tall as he is, he wears similar armour (but for women) and she has blue eyes. Her armour is dark blue with some purple accents. She is easily carrying all of her equipment of her back, being agile and powerful.
Bio/Personality:

Pre Okotoan Adventures
See the first half of the Pre Okotoan Adventures section from Vladin’s bio above
After the Ginny incident Athena was forced to live in an ‘exile’ for five years in the Region of Water together with her uncle Kivoda. The fact that she killed Ginny remained in her mind since then. She always believed that her father was right, and that she was a killer, even tho he admitted that what he said was wrong. Once she tried to commit suicide, but she quickly changed her mind.
Since then, she lived her ‘exile’ like it was her normal life. She was having fun with other Water Okotoans, she was taking healing lessons from Kivoda, and she was swimming in the many lakes of the Region in the hot days of summer. At the end of her punishment, she was happy to be able to see her brothers and sister again, but she decided to remain in the Region of Water. Sometimes she returns in the Region of Fire to have fun with Vladin, or she invite other relatives at her home.

During Okotoan Adventures
Athena was a hyperactive young girl who only wanted to have fun. She wasn’t the most important member of the group, and she didn’t really care. She was healing the others from time to time, like that time when she stopped the bleeding when Geet lost his arm (@Jcton) or fully healed a heavily wounded Blaze (@BlackBeltGamer98). At the beginning of the adventure she also had a crush for Blaze, but that disappeared soon, especially after she realised that Kryuin (@TheMOCingbird) is liking her. In time, she started to like them too, even if Vladin had a word to say.
Once in an accident she broke her arm. Kryuin and Ghabix (I think) helped her to get to a hospital. In the end, her arm got healed, and she was able to continue the adventure with the others. However, the death of Kryuin traumatized her, resulting an isolation to pretty much everybody else.

Post Okotoan Adventures
Athena’s personality fully changed. From the nice and lovely, maybe a little annoying girl she was she turned into a death-serious, skilled in fight woman. She abandoned her healing lessons, and now she is spending time in the tropical forests of the Region of Water hunting down different animals, perfecting her abilities with the bow and arrows. She is spending more and more time with her father, the one who initially said that she intentionally killed Ginny, more even than Vladin or their mother. So much so that Their father (I really need to find him a name) started to consider taking her as his successor rather that Vladin. She is rarely spending time with Kivoda or her siblings anymore, and her favourite activity is to practice her fighting skills.

2 Likes

@jayzor17 So were my characters approved or not? Would be good to know also here’s my last character Domau.

Name: Domau
Element: Jungle
Equipment: Science utensils and a backpack featuring robotic arm fueled by his elemental abilities(Like Tarkur and the protectors Domau is able to move vines and use limited amounts of elemental power), A Kanoka like projectile that is charge with jungle elemental energy.
Apperance:

Personality: Unlike many of his jungle Okotan friends Domau lacks their sense of humor and instead replaced with his own kind, He is very polite and kind, he is very dedicated to his work and act based upon what his work requires him to do, he is also very calculative. He likes working by himself a lot more than with others because he likes to be in charge he doesn’t see himself as a leader he just wants to be sure everything goes according to his plans
Bio: Domau is a highly educated Jungle Okotan whom travels Okoto to show and display his inventions to the world. He is one of the few people that have observed and followed the development of the Guardian of Flames and investigated this supposedly called local hero. It was trough Tarkur’s use of his fire abilities that Domau learned to use and master the power of course he is a bit salty for having to steal the knowledge of the protectors like that but he claims he did the right thing for the scientific discovery’s it brought. The most notable example of this being his robot arm that is controlled through manipulating vines within it metal exo skeleton. Domau is very secretive about his goals with what he does and his go to excuse for doing something is because it’s for science he claims.

4 Likes

You definitely didn’t want Mark dead.[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:37, topic:47742”]
I am pretty sure that there will be players out there who will want to kill their characters out of different reasons.
[/quote]

That’s not what I’m saying.

Willing to let characters die is different from actively killing them off. Jcton purposefully set up and arranged the death of some of his characters through other characters of his. No other player enacted that.

I’m not talking about if you want your own character dead. I’m talking about if someone else’s character wants your character dead, and manages to set up a circumstance (either through combat or other circumstances) where your character should reasonably die or be horribly injured. Choosing to hold onto the character - choosing to purposefully break the game in the defense of one character - is something I’ve done in the past around players who were incredibly unforgiving about it, and it left its mark on that particular RP and on the players in it.

That’s the difference between playing realistically and playing selfishly. Now you haven’t done anything near to the level I’ve found myself stooping to in the past, and neither has anyone else in this RP or, from what I can tell, any on TTV. But I’d rather nobody make the same mistakes I made long ago.

With that being said, I do have one more character I’ve been thinking about for quite some time. This character is recycled from the RP I made mention of above, although not the character responsible for my errors at the time.

Name: Frog
Element: None
Equipment/Abilities: Frog has three “brushes”, made of separated plant leaves coupled together by two pieces of wood with stones driven through and vine wrapped around. He also has a small collection of paints made from crushed insects, dead animals, and so on. Frog has a particular taste in art which he attempts to express through painting, and while he cannot conceive the final result, they are often brilliant and vibrant, although not necessarily masterful. Frog also possesses the ability to “taste colour” - estimate the colour of a substance by certain chemicals and elements in the substance, which he is, for the most part, correct on. He can also camoflauge himself by changing the colour of his skin to reflect whatever he’s closest to - and while this ability isn’t perfect, it’s a mystery how he performs it, as he is completely unaware of it.
Appearance: Frog is hunched, with a malformed spine, but even so stands taller than any Okotan. Frog has a hooked jaw closing up his rather blunt face, with two black, beady eyes, with nothing behind them, resting in his gigantic head. He possesses no nose, although he evidently used to have one, as the holes in the front of his face still inhale and exhale. His teeth are irregular and snap together like a jigsaw puzzle, and when speaking produce an almost rhythmic clicking sound. His throat is wrinkled and heavy, and vibrates when he speaks or calls. His legs are somewhat short and his arms somewhat long, forcing him to lumber around like an ape if actually walking. His hands and feet are bulbous and can cling to nearly any material, although they will only cling if Frog is consciously doing it. Ice is something he cannot cling to. He has a malformed and stretchy tongue which can extend in a lightning-fast manner up to 8 yards. Frog’s body has a green colour to his skin but also has streaks of yellow across it.
Bio/Personality: Frog is terrified of nearly everything around him. If a creature attempts to approach Frog, and is significantly smaller than him, Frog may attempt to kill it. Frog lives in the caves between Le and Ga-Koto, and while he does not live far from the Temple of Time (using Jcton’s map as Canon) he has never been to it. Frog is capable of speech, and can speak and comprehend Okotan perfectly, albeit with a dreadful lisp due to his mouth. Frog’s speech is deep and gravely, grinding together the components of his throat to replicate speech patterns. This is because Frog’s throat is designed for booming calls which can be heard across Okoto, as they carry for an incredible distance. Frog is plagued by chronic pain due to his malformed body, and often beats his head or hands against rocks to try and distract himself from it. Frog has an incredibly sensitive taste, and cannot stomach anything of too powerful a nature, preferring to eat insects and ground-up minerals mixed into water. Frog is also blind.
Frog has no perception as to his actual past, as his memory is foggy and fuzzy. At night he is constantly plagued by violent, incoherent dreams seen from the perspectives of a hundred different people, never from his own. Every single one of them ends with his abrupt death, causing Frog to awake with a start every morning. Due to this he will often not sleep, remaining awake at nights for weeks on end, eventually collapsing out of pure exhaustion.
One time Frog came across the deceased body of an Okotan. Touched in a unique way, Frog buried the body in the depths of a river not far from his home, and kept the mask, transfixed by its delicate shaping.

@jayzor17 I do have some backstory details to PM you about it, but otherwise that’s it.

5 Likes

This isn’t actually true. One of my characters killed Geet, I had Jcton’s permission, but he wasn’t a huge fan of the idea at first.

2 Likes

And that’s what made the difference here. In the last Okotan Adventures, you couldn’t kill another player at all, which was not clarified until someone actually tried. Now it’s possible.
Thanks for the correction btw.

2 Likes

without their permission I think you mean?

1 Like

Name: Vra’axinni
Element: ???

(I can PM to the GM if they so want, and it’s kinda obvious looking at his design/color, but still.)

Equipment: A bag of misc. potion supplies, along with a few interesting potions he has/can make. He also has other strange witch-doctor powers, specifically speaking with some certain dead.
Appearance:

Bio/Personality: He seems a bit kooky, and overall highly invested in his work. He seems almost insane and this, along with overall poor communication skills, can get him into trouble frequently.

3 Likes

The reason I wasn’t a huge fan, was because I was going to set up a plot point, and then have him die a bit later down the road, possibly at the final battle, but I did come around and yeah went with it. Which, I now consider the best possible outcome of that scenario. In which case thank you for helping me set it up, because I have honestly become a better player for it. I learned to set it to rest, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t have fun just because I lost my most invested character at the time. I can make the situation into a goldmine of stories, which I wouldn’t have been able to do before now. I now have another side-plot line mostly thought out and hopefully when it is introduced it will be interesting and fun for the other players. I’ll definitely need to PM my plans to the GM(s?) before I actually take action in them, but if the GM(s?) are OK with it, I’ll go full force.

2 Likes
  1. Yes, at that point I didn’t want Mark dead. Doesn’t mean I will not face with that situation again and it certainly doesn’t mean I will act the exact same way.
  2. OK, if you understand and you were in my situation, can we stop this debate?
1 Like

deep sigh
I have made a continuous, repetitive mista-

Ok no seriously, let’s go
Name: Hiraeth
Elements: Born into jungle, associates with ice
Equipment: A bag full of coins he carries with him, a small book (he just writes in it- it’s nothing special), an axe, and his armor, which is more like his shell.
Appearance: clad in white and dark blue, with a dull red cloak. He wears a hollowed out skull spider for a mask. He is a little on the taller side, and average weight for his height.
Bio/Personality: Loyal until the end, Hiraeth isn’t one who would be called “social”. He doesn’t quite grasp how the world works- in terms of knowing how to behave that is. He grew up in a village that treated their young quite differently than the rest of Okoto would, and had almost a completely different ethics code. After the events of Okotan Adventures, Hiraeth went back to his job as a mercenary, working with Kryuna.

I promise I’ll try to be more active now btw

5 Likes

No Echo?

2 Likes

Uh. Did you not read the end of OA?

2 Likes

No. I dropped it at the end.

1 Like

Echos real name was Hiraeth. Echo was a nickname he used. He hasn’t told everyone yet, only Kryuin, Kryuna, and Choroko I think.

2 Likes

So the others (including my characters) would still call him Echo?

1 Like

Yeah, but I prefer to call him by his real name because I feel like Echo was just too bland of a name, hence the change

1 Like

Yeah but, at least my characters, would not know his real name. Kryuin died, Kryuna disappeared (for them). Choroko could have told them, but you are not sure if you told her too.

1 Like

Yeah. If she does, she does, not like I can stop it shrug

2 Likes