Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“What are you looking for? I might be able to help.” Creath asked, eager for an opportunity to distract himself.

2 Likes

“We were looking for something on the history of the city… which it looks like Ilza found.” He grins. “So, what does it say?” He leans in, trying to get a better look at the book. @TheMightyObsidianDude

1 Like

“Well, let’s see…” Ilza murmurs, flipping it open to the contents. Fortunately the events of the city seemed to be in chronological order, starting all the way at the city’s true foundation from the simple village that had existed before the days of the first great mask makers, the ancestors to Ekimu and Makuta.

1 Like

Creath nods. “It’s quite interesting. I can’t say I’m an expert on it, but I’ve read a few things here and there.”

2 Likes

Vinum trudges through the snow, keeping an eye out even despite the still snow, not knowing what could be hiding beneath.

Vra’axinni sits still in the middle, trying best not to shake the boat himself

Keya simply keeps walking, trying her best to keep at least some semblance of a less saddened face.

1 Like

“Oh, I uh, I… Sorry, I uh. Sorry.”

Bramble proceeds to the next one, going so ridiculously slowly it barely moves the boat. He looked out of the corner of his eye for approval.

The Lord of the Undying Storm was irritated.

Sure, the deep snow was refreshingly cold, invigorating to his cold-centered physique. But he couldn’t step on the ice and have it not shatter. The ice He made was strong, dense, crystalline, and could only be shattered by significant blunt force - but this disgusting, insulting ice laughed at him. Mocked him. Crumbled beneath his weight with as much noise as physically possible.

To actively defy such impotent ice would be to dignify its audacity, but one could always be mad at it without vocalizing death threats to the ice, its family, its village, and its entire continent. But the struggle was real.

1 Like

“Who was he?” Jevis asked Keya, abruptly breaking the silence. “I mean the guy back there in the golden armor who stayed behind.”

Blaze was still trying to keep up while carrying the stones.

1 Like

“His name was Hitora.” Keya said. “He was a warrior with some super weird story about time travel or something because he got stuck in some weird portal thing, but more than that he was a good friend of mine. It’s thanks to him that I finally got the common sense to leave my home and family for the past who knows how long. Without him I’d still be under the command of that insane captain, not a place I’d like to be.” She was silent for a moment. “…he was the first person I feel comfortable calling my friend.”

1 Like

Sonata watches Lync as she attempts to get up, commenting to Kryuna, “I don’t blame you… knowing his history, it wouldn’t be the first time that he was more or less controlled by this organization.”

Lync would likely find indents in the stone that would make great handholds for her to hoist herself up. Once up she would see a dark cave leading vaguely to the right, and further that direction the hint of torchlight. Someone is up there…
@rainsong

“Friend.” The water okotan calls out, “My rescue plan is on its way, once we hear the signal, I’ll get you out.” The okotan laughs, hanging from their bars.

Dax would keep close to Blaze as they followed the Mask Keeper, Capella would keeper her distance, keeping watch of the surroundings as a whole.

1 Like

“Hey friend, do you need help carrying those?” Offered Twenty Three

“Same here,” Jaspar admits. “Ilza was curious, so here we are. Guess we picked a weird library to look at, didn’t we?”

Tathel lets out a sigh. “You can pull a bit harder than that, Bramble.”

Lync leans back down to the others.

“There’s a tunnel up here, I think someone’s up here. I’ll try and take them out, so get up here, okay?” She makes her way up the ladder, slipping into the tunnel. She slinks down the cave, pulling out her whip and winding it in her hands.

@Axels @TheMOCingbird

3 Likes

Bramble stopped in surprise. “Oh. I can?”

“Uh… By how much?” It was a fun time to not know a measurement system.

I was liking the period of time where I forgot you existed.

The Lord of the Undying Storm tried desperately to not look in her direction.

1 Like

“He was a warrior? I can respect that.” Jevis responded as he continued to trudge along through the jungle.

Kryuna nodded as she doubled checked the straps holding her broadsword, making sure the weapon was properly secured before climbing up after Lync.

The scientist shrugs. “I guess so.”

1 Like

“Would you stop with the past tense?” Gladius mumbled over his shoulder at Keya. “His name is Hitora, he is a warrior, and even without the gauntlets he is too much for a nest of Skull Spiders to handle. You clearly don’t know him too well if you think he’s already gone.”

With one swing Gladius cut through a rotting limb which hung over the path. “Make sure the Collected is still with us.” @KAI_BORG

2 Likes

Skipper grunts as he let’s go of the celling he picks up the amalgamation of a mask that was lying on the ground. “So when are you friends arriving?” he asks rather bluntly. Before planting his rear in the corner of the cell eyes fixed on the stranger and mask in hand.

Azure keeps up with the group. The tension was making her a bit awkward.

“Sure it might be our best bet.” Tarkur replies.

1 Like

Streke nods. “Alright, let’s go.”

1 Like

Keya turned to Gladius sharply. “And you obviously don’t know him well enough to think he’d bring that room down on top of them all if he had to to stop them.” She said angrily. He’d obviously struck a nerve. “He is a good fighter but he also is stupid and bullheaded, forgive me for thinking that with the anger he was feeling he brought the whole place down on top of them.”

2 Likes

Not if she’s in there with him. Jevis thought to himself, practically cursing under his breath at the thought of Pheore, though he kept quiet. Whoever this group was, there was some obvious tension that he didn’t care to get caught up in.

1 Like